Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What a party it was tho eh !, given how many naked burds were crammed into the living room & kitchen i'm not surprised to see so many cases.

Seriously tho, I've no idea. we got an email at work saying that the grangemouth community testing was open and it was opened in response to an already large outbreak in the area. perhaps this is just testing hoovering up all those said cases and with a bit of luck they'll all be isolating and it should come down pretty rapidly, that said Falkirk don't have a good track record of bouncing back from relegations in recent years
Our herd will be immune shortly

8 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

What a party it was tho eh !, given how many naked burds were crammed into the living room & kitchen i'm not surprised to see so many cases.

Seriously tho, I've no idea. we got an email at work saying that the grangemouth community testing was open and it was opened in response to an already large outbreak in the area. perhaps this is just testing hoovering up all those said cases and with a bit of luck they'll all be isolating and it should come down pretty rapidly, that said Falkirk don't have a good track record of bouncing back from relegations in recent years

off topic but I had a fantastic night in Grangemouth a few years back, I was attending a wedding at the Airth castle but was booked in to a Hotel in Grangemouth, I ended up absolutely blotto and when the taxi driver asked me where I was going I couldn't remember the name, however I told him it was like a Korean footballer and thankfully he knew that it was the "lea park" that I was staying.

The next morning wasn't quite so good.........

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

When you hear experts and advisors talk in a blasé fashion about distancing and masks being around for "years to come" because "they don't cost anything" it concerns me.

Whilst it is true that it doesn't cost money for me to stay 2m away from someone else, there are large parts of society that simply cannot operate under those conditions, and we can see this by the need for the furlough scheme. That is a huge cost.

At a more personal level, many of the things we all enjoy doing are not possible either, therefore what is the point?

It's been said before but im genuinely not sure what planet the people who say things like that live on, never mind how unaffected by what they are proposing they seem to be. It's extraordinary when you think about it.

I think it's to do with the majority of the people proposing these restrictions having probably worked most of their entire lives in isolation, heads stuck under a laminar flow cabinet or in front of a desk and are so attuned to isolation being normal that they don't care/understand that the world doesn't work that way.

I know from working with them for several years that a great number of scientists are very much single-minded and lacking in empathy or even willingness to feign understanding of the impact that they have on others and it seems that the more qualified the scientist, the worse it becomes. We have an ongoing situation in my workplace where labs and scientists continually raise orders to us but put a different company name in the Purchase Order. When you give them a call or send them an email to explain that they cannot raise an order to a different company name and they'll need to fix it, instead of just doubling back and fixing their own error (because that's double the paperwork), about 7 times out of 10, they'll try and wrangle a way around it, going so far as to try and tell our folk in order processing that it's OK, finance will have no issues approving the order made out to a different company when this simply isn't the case. That's why more and more departments in colleges and Unis now have dedicated buyers who can actually converse with people.

Three of the biggest colleges I work with are UCL, Imperial and King's College so it's honestly of no real surprise that there are scientists in these places who are taking the stance they are. Some of the least personable and non-empathetic people you could ever deal with.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Totally bizzare seeing Falkirk at the top of the cases, we’ve been generally low throughout the pandemic and even at once point we were level 3 while every adjoining area was level 4.

Top of them league and yer no.

at a guess i'd say we would be above average for jobs that can't be done from home or furloughed, manufacturing, oil, chemicals , warehousing etc . but that's been the case all along so why the surge now?

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

at a guess i'd say we would be above average for jobs that can't be done from home or furloughed, manufacturing, oil, chemicals , warehousing etc . but that's been the case all along so why the surge now?

Been mentioned before but outbreak at first bus depot probably has an effect if 8-10 drivers had it they would have taken it home to relatives plus targeted testing done in Grangemouth at the same time.

Edited by gav-ffc

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think it's to do with the majority of the people proposing these restrictions having probably worked most of their entire lives in isolation, heads stuck under a laminar flow cabinet or in front of a desk and are so attuned to isolation being normal that they don't care/understand that the world doesn't work that way.

I know from working with them for several years that a great number of scientists are very much single-minded and lacking in empathy or even willingness to feign understanding of the impact that they have on others and it seems that the more qualified the scientist, the worse it becomes. We have an ongoing situation in my workplace where labs and scientists continually raise orders to us but put a different company name in the Purchase Order. When you give them a call or send them an email to explain that they cannot raise an order to a different company name and they'll need to fix it, instead of just doubling back and fixing their own error (because that's double the paperwork), about 7 times out of 10, they'll try and wrangle a way around it, going so far as to try and tell our folk in order processing that it's OK, finance will have no issues approving the order made out to a different company when this simply isn't the case. That's why more and more departments in colleges and Unis now have dedicated buyers who can actually converse with people.

Three of the biggest colleges I work with are UCL, Imperial and King's College so it's honestly of no real surprise that there are scientists in these places who are taking the stance they are. Some of the least personable and non-empathetic people you could ever deal with.

i'll second that, completely anecdotal of course!,   many years ago a very very skilled doctor/ surgeon saved my sisters life against some pretty terrible  odds, yet his communication and interpersonal;  skills were worse than that of a moody 10 year old

8 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

'The mainstream media just want to provoke fear! Why do they never carry positive stories?!?!'

1786199527_Screenshot_20210208-154759_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f7f9acd8edd882ab2abac3ea521611c8.jpg

Is that the same media you cultists freak about due to their (admittedly) anti-independence peddling?

Yes, the media haven't fed on fear at all throughout this crisis!

Sit down.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Recruit people, train volunteers, ask retired staff to return, a combination of any or all of that.  Do what they're doing to staff the new mass vaccination centres.

Have GP's attempted that?  is any of that impossible?

Get junkies recruited, they know how to handle a hypodermic. 

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Is that the same media you cultists freak about due to their (admittedly) anti-independence peddling?

Yes, the media haven't fed on fear at all throughout this crisis!

Sit down.

I don't think I've ever mentioned the media's stance towards independence or anything else before. 100,000 + people in the U.K died with covid so of course many of the stories were/are negative.

Every vaccine story has explained exactly what is known. The BBC one clearly explains that the limited tests suggest that the AstraZeneca vaccine still prevents severe illness, which is a good result.

Your frequent temper tantrums make you seem like a spoiled brat. 'Mah girlfriend's family!' 'Two votes lost!' at things that haven't even happened. I'm sure the government(s) at Scottish, British and European level will take your views on board while making covid strategy decisions. Like a nodding supermarket manager letting a Karen with a remedial knowledge of the Sale of Goods Act rant herself out.