Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I agree with the sentiment and would happily forego any foreign travel if it means a return to normality but that has not been the trade off on the table so far as far as I could tell. She also must have just imagined last summer...

As an aside, for all her 'make you own sunshine' positivity pish, she really does have a horrible demeanour about her.

I too would happily forego a summer foreign holiday as a trade-off for normality (but that seems a very simple equation to a very complex problem).

So long as it was "normality" as she's quoted (and also BJ said last night), and not NS'  worrying use recently of "greater normality"

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

There's a contingent of SNP voter that voted Labour for half their life and treat switching their vote to the SNP as some sort of religious conversion.

There’s also people who ignore how right wing the SNP were back in the days when Gordon Wilson was leader.

The SNP became the party that the Labour Party should have been been, that’s one of the reasons  that it has attracted so many ex-Labour voters.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I too would happily forego a summer foreign holiday as a trade-off for normality (but that seems a very simple equation to a very complex problem).

So long as it was "normality" as she's quoted (and also BJ said last night), and not NS'  worrying use recently of "greater normality"

This is the key point.

Normality is absolutely fine and a public declaration that this is what is being strived for is needed ASAP and would set a lot of minds at ease I reckon.

Deliberately obtuse language like 'the path leading to a greater degree of normality' or 'more normal' is what sets folk on edge as it seems as if their ultimate goal is to ease off just enough to make people happier but to still maintain a degree of control. Again, it's acceptable that this will happen as restrictions ease off but it should be clarified this is not what the SG are striving for as an end point.

Edited by djchapsticks

Yeah. I can't wait to be able to go on holiday and leave the country, but will tolerate not doing so if we can actually have normal here. 

And by normal, I mean:

Hospitality, events and entertainment venues all fully open, visiting family/friends no longer restricted to arbitrary limits and distancing and masks gone as well. I can see the government clinging onto the latter, however. 

No sanitised, dumbed-down "normality" like last summer. Actual normal. 

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Educated to Masters level”

I'd imagine most of the international students who help make up Scotland's universities are rather unwelcoming of the Scottish Government's rhetoric on this issue, champ.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Shocked that the SNP's ill thought out plan has fallen apart already...

What are they going to do, stop everyone crossing the border? 😂

Now would be a good time to save face and adopt an approach that is at least manageable.

The simping on here is quite something. eMlO2Ay.png

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

I just think that, like, you're being ridiculous, man, and going from "there's travel restrictions because of a global pandemic" to "THEY'RE LIFTING THE DRAWBRIDGE FOREVER" is a weird leap of logic.

A bit like yesterday's "but what even is the economy lol? it's a philosophical construct invented by Adam Smith" take from that Rangers fan. It's a wee bit ludicrous.

There was me thinking the Scottish Government and their advisers hadn't given any plausible endpoint as yet for the greatest infringements on our rights ever seen in peacetime.

25 minutes ago, madwullie said:

"Fantastic input! " 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Does anything serious need to be said to posters like Wee Bully and Auld Man Danger?

Edited by Elixir

apart from having to hang around templehall in Kirkcaldy for half n hour 

Not an experience anyone wants to endure. Was it ok there yesterday? Seen the centre getting slated because people were having to wait outside due to a computer glitch the day before.

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yeah. I can't wait to be able to go on holiday and leave the country, but will tolerate not doing so if we can actually have normal here. 

And by normal, I mean:

Hospitality, events and entertainment venues all fully open, visiting family/friends no longer restricted to arbitrary limits and distancing and masks gone as well. I can see the government clinging onto the latter, however. 

No sanitised, dumbed-down "normality" like last summer. Actual normal. 

Agreed. But then, that actually sounds like a logical, pragmatic plan that a grown-up would take responsibility for, while the rest of Europe and the wider world has time to catch up with their vaccination programs.

For that reason alone, neither the Scottish or UK Governments will commit to it.

Edited by Elixir

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'd imagine most of the international students who help make up Scotland's universities are rather unwelcoming of the Scottish Government's rhetoric on this issue, champ.

I'd imagine they clearly couldn't give a f**k seeing as they're all currently undertaking remote learning.  

Many on Masters level courses. 

Champ.

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Not an experience anyone wants to endure. Was it ok there yesterday? Seen the centre getting slated because people were having to wait outside due to a computer glitch the day before.

It was this morning but aye it was fine..both of them in an out in half n hour...yeah computer glitch on monday caused a wee bit of chaos  but a few of the older boys from the golf club were there yesterday and said it was fine also.Just read that the Overton community hub is opening up as a vacs centre from monday so that will hopefully be my last visit to t-hall 

Edited by doulikefish

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'd imagine they clearly couldn't give a f**k seeing as they're all currently undertaking remote learning.  

Many on Masters level courses. 

Champ.

You think international students have all returned home because of remote learning?

What a belter.

Does anything serious need to be said to posters like Wee Bully and Auld Man Danger?

Good to see I’m living rent free in your head again.

Anyone even thinking that the current restrictions point towards a change in the immigration stance of the SG is either:

1. At it, or

2. Has genuinely lost the plot.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Gonna be a hefty shiter when they start letting folk travel but only those who are vaccinated. 20 somethings like myself having to lock themselves in the house for a year to protect the old and infirm, then us being stuck in the UK when those same folk are away to the Dominican on their SAGA cruises.

While it is only correct that the most vulnerable were vaccinated first, and the government clearly stated that there would be no private option to skip the queue, maybe that can change once the over 50s and at risk are completed and we move on to the general population, so if you are happy to wait your turn on the NHS you can, but if you want/need it sooner and are prepared to pay then you have that option. Bear in mind that it's not only about holidays, but those having to go abroad for work are increasingly likely to find themselves requiring to be vaccinated to travel to some places.