Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Covid in Scotland: Vaccination programme 'may need to slow down'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56027662

#lornesausage

If the vaccine is delivered to the UKG for onwards distribution how would the SG be aware of an upcoming slowdown in that process that the UKG or other devolved administrations were not aware of ?

The reduced supply is noted right here.  Weeks ago. There's no "may" about it.

Screenshot_20210113-210028_Dropbox.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

The reduced supply is noted right here.  Weeks ago. There's no "may" about it.
Screenshot_20210113-210028_Dropbox.thumb.jpg.6fba0418380a6a754395fd108acba005.jpg
That table suggest AZ issues didn't Freeman specifically say Pfizer today which shows no dip on that table. Just seems odd that the UKG and NIA hav basically refused to accept that when specifically questioned about it today. UKG line is nothing to see here, confident in supply arrangements etc while NIA claim no knowledge of any slowdown. I presume there is still friction over supply knowledge being put into the public domain.

I see the 1922 committee Gammons have gone scripto at the apparent back slide from the 22 February "routemap" date. Now to be released in the week commencing 22nd not on the 22nd.

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That table suggest AZ issues didn't Freeman specifically say Pfizer today which shows no dip on that table. Just seems odd that the UKG and NIA hav basically refused to accept that when specifically questioned about it today. UKG line is nothing to see here, confident in supply arrangements etc while NIA claim no knowledge of any slowdown. I presume there is still friction over supply knowledge being put into the public domain.

I see the 1922 committee Gammons have gone scripto at the apparent back slide from the 22 February "routemap" date. Now to be released in the week commencing 22nd not on the 22nd.

Apart from the 40% reduction in weekly supply every week in February?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Apart from the 40% reduction in weekly supply every week in February?

And a further reduction from the 4th of April onwards.

EDIT - It's mad that folk think the Scottish Government don't have a scooby what supply is coming because Westminster is controlling it. As if we just wake up one day to see what England have sent us. It's even more mad that folk would be willing to excuse the SG if that were the case. 

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, The Moonster said:

And a further reduction from the 4th of April onwards.

Tbf that is balanced out by increased supply of AZ, plus the arrival of Moderna.

I've also just spotted they list Week Beginning 29/02 (which knocks every subsequent week start date out by 1 day) which is a quite incredible error really.

Tanning salon in Portobello has been letting people in by sneaking them in under the front shutter. Myself, along with a few others have seen it happening. Brazen as f**k, and in broad daylight. And only about 2 minutes walk from the plod shop. No I've not grassed them, as I say others have seen it as well.

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

Tanning salon in Portobello has been letting people in by sneaking them in under the front shutter. Myself, along with a few others have seen it happening. Brazen as f**k, and in broad daylight. And only about 2 minutes walk from the plod shop. No I've not grassed them, as I say others have seen it as well.

If you're daft enough to get tanned for sitting in the house then I'm sure you wouldn't mind £60 fine on top of it to get you a red neck.

5 minutes ago, philpy said:

37 minutes ago, philpy said:

You should get a fine for hitting out with tragic patter like ‘plod shop’. 

40 minutes ago, philpy said:

Tanning salon in Portobello has been letting people in by sneaking them in under the front shutter. Myself, along with a few others have seen it happening. Brazen as f**k, and in broad daylight. And only about 2 minutes walk from the plod shop. Yes I have philpy’d them, as it’s my favourite pastime.

FTFY

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye, Think what you like.. 

I've got friends and family who have businesses that could go under, I've not seen my parents and some friends for the best part of a year, and you get idiots like that brazenly flaunting the rules.  Making up stories isn't something I'm remotely interested in right now... 

The Barbadian authorities are offering it for a year, so imagine they won't be going after businesses for their profits. 
Fair play to anyone taking it up. 
Plus they will extend it.

They also offer a really attractive visa for those who want to retire there - one option gives you Bajan citizenship after 5 years - another allows you unlimited visits of any length for those who don't want a permanent move.

Will BBC Scotland news lead on the good news story that cases are dropping and that vaccines are crushing on overall vulnerability day by day?

No, it's of course time to go with 'MOAR YOUNG PEOPLE ARE IN HOSPITAL NOW' instead. A bus driver being wheeled out for a 'this could happen to you!!!!!111!!!' hot take, which of course it almost certainly won't if you aren't also built like the side of a fucking house.