Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Infections per 100K in 7 days Update:  Another monster 24 hours for Scotland  as cases drop 5.58% and the infectivity rate plunges to 3.9%. We are down to 79.6 cases per 100K.  We are now down 73.63% in 8 weeks.   However still another 8 weeks till the Levels come back !!  Another 73.68% reduction would take us to around 21 cases per 100K.

Once again drops for 14 of the top 15 councils.  Stirling again still on the increase.  I think it is guaranteed top spot tomorrow. Shameful to put Falkirk into the playoffs.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan,    Cases that day were 16,496 and test rate was 11.9%

Total cases latest 7 days from 21st to 27th February are down from 4604 to 4350. The positive test rate goes from  4.1% to 3.9%.  Cases per 100k goes from 84.3 to 79.6 down 5.58%

England 107.8 to 102.9  down 4.55% in last 24 hours.  Wales  69.3 to 65.9 down 4.91%  in last 24 hours , Northern Ireland 99.6 to 96.7 down 2.91% in last 24 hours.   UK Average is now 105.0 to 100.4  down 4.38%  in last 24 hours.

In Europe (Above 2 Million Population) the Czech republic is in freefall at 770 from 700 when last updated, next worst is Serbia at 325.

NHS FIGURES Forth Valley  160.4 to 156.9 ,  Lanarkshire 119.5 to 110.1 , Greater Glasgow & Clyde 114.5 to 109.2 ,  Lothian 93.2 to 86.1,  Ayrshire & Arran  81.2 to 73.4,  Tayside 60.8 to 60.8, Fife 61.0 to 58.6,   D&G 35.6 to 32.9 , Highland 27.7 to 28.9, Grampian 28.5 to 26.5 , Western Isles  33.7 to 26.2 ,  Borders  17.3 to 16.4 ,  Orkney 0.0 to 0.0 & Shetlands 0.0 to 0.0

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk  172.2 to 162.2  Still no Hamlet as retain top spot but desperately close.

Stirling 153.9 to 161.3   This City is a blot on the landscape now up another 4.81% and still 7.0% positivity.

Clackmannanshire  135.8 to 131.9

West Lothian  132.7 to 125.1

Renfrewshire  126.2 to 124.0 

North Lanarkshire  134.2 to 123.9 

West Dunbartonshire  138.3 to 122.6  2nd daily +10% drop. Excellent.

Glasgow City 123.4 to 118.5

Midlothian  110.3 to 102.7  

East Lothian  108.3 to 99.0  Back under 100 again   

South Lanarkshire  103.6 to 95.2  Another to crack the 100 barrier

East Ayrshire 104.1 to 91.0   Prison free and surging back down charts another 12.58% day.

East Renfrewshire  85.8 to 80.6  

NOW ALL BELOW SCOTTISH AVERAGE of 79.6

East Dunbartonshire  88.4 to 78.2 Impressive 11.54% drop and below Scottish Average

North Ayrshire 80.9 to 74.2

Dundee City 66.3 to 70.3  Performing poorly last week. 

City Of Edinburgh  71.8 to 65.3  2nd Daily large drop in a row.

Perth & Kinross   62.5 to 59.9

Fife   61.0 to 58.6

Inverclyde 51.4 to 54.0

South Ayrshire  55.9 to 53.3 

Angus 51.6 to 49.9  

Moray 36.5 to 39.7  

Dumfries & Galloway 35.6 to 32.9

Highlands 33.5 to 32.7

Aberdeen City 28.9 to 29.7    

Western Isles  33.7 to 26.2 

Aberdeenshire 25.3 to 18.8 Amazing down over 25%

Argyll & Bute 10.5 to 17.5

Scottish  Borders   17.3 to 16.4  

Orkney Island   0.0 to 0.0

Shetland Islands   0.0 to 0.0

The Highland League starting back too - "for the purposes of finishing Scottish Cup ties"
I've had a long held belief that the first game back with fans at a meaningful level in Scotland will be an Old Firm Scottish Cup Final - an absolute nap.
Your on the glue now, That Celtic team in the cup final !!!

3 minutes ago, David W said:

NS obviously reading the good sense in this thread, well done everyone.

Sturgeon submission to the Salmond enquiry.

"We all knew he was a pervvy old cünt from the word go and it's time he got the jail.

By the way, lockdown abandoned, see you all at the election."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
2 minutes ago, Steven W said:
The Highland League starting back too - "for the purposes of finishing Scottish Cup ties"
I've had a long held belief that the first game back with fans at a meaningful level in Scotland will be an Old Firm Scottish Cup Final - an absolute nap.

Your on the glue now, That Celtic team in the cup final !!!

The referees will see to it

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Do you work ? Serious question as you appear to live on social media.

I'm on a week off and am casually waiting to find out how big my bonus will be at the end of this month. PowttJS.gif

Silly question maybe, but given there has been no mention of any possible change to the election date, why is it considered safe for hundreds of thousands of people to visit polling stations in early May when lots of other public places will still be severely restricted?

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Must be the 14 P&B votes she read she might lose.

This forum is somewhat reflective of a small, but not insubstantial, proportion of the Scottish electorate. On the whole, the forum is fairly strongly pro-independence and therefore contains many of the Scottish government's biggest supporters. If posters on this forum are starting to be concerned about the direction of travel, then I don't think it's unfair to assume that this sort of opinion is not isolated to P&B.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Silly question maybe, but given there has been no mention of any possible change to the election date, why is it considered safe for hundreds of thousands of people to visit polling stations in early May when lots of other public places will still be severely restricted?

There has been a big push of postal voting which is good to see, everyone should consider if, you can still have the vote in to any polling station in your local authority not just the constituency.

Also councils are hiring more staff to manage the process so likely to see more polling stations and obviously the count it being delayed into the next day.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This forum is somewhat reflective of a small, but not insubstantial, proportion of the Scottish electorate. On the whole, the forum is fairly strongly pro-independence and therefore contains many of the Scottish government's biggest supporters. If posters on this forum are starting to be concerned about the direction of travel, then I don't think it's unfair to assume that this sort of opinion is not isolated to P&B.

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment and not an effort at political commentary. I am in the demographic you mention in that I'm pro independence and been recently critical of the noises coming from government in respect of emerging from all of this.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

P&Bs main players run this show

A handful of highers and the odd degree in history, astronomy and metalwork, coupled with years of having pointless arguments on P&B roundly bodying useless shit like dentisty, a philosophy doctor (whatever that is?!) and years of actual experience working in public health. 

P&b 1 - 0 Pandemic 

Played lads. 

Pick your heads up on the way out

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:
9 minutes ago, super_carson said:
P&B is a key constituency.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few MSPs, even a cabinet minister who likes football or Jason Leitch pops onto this thread now & again.

Here's a message for Jason if he does.

image.jpeg.af7f8e3dde4c8a4ed2999783eaf5f959.jpeg

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

By that time much more of retail etc will be open. Don’t know if it’s just where I am but I’ve never been in a polling station that’s had more than about three or four people in it at once. Even in 2019, when I was living down south in the centre of Cheltenham, it wasn’t particularly crowded voting there at peak time. The idea that polling stations could be superspreader hotspots in ten weeks time is nonsense IMO.

Sturgeon submission to the Salmond enquiry.
 "We all knew he was a pervvy old cünt from the word go and it's time he got the jail.
By the way, lockdown abandoned, see you all at the election."
If she throws in the first three rounds after lockdown on the SG, she has both my votes.