Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Steven W said:
You think fans will be going to Stair Park, Somerset Park, Gayfield, Cappielow etc in normal numbers, while Ibrox and Parkhead has its' numbers slashed? 
Naive in the extreme.....

Of course they will. You think the two cheeks run the country never mind just Scottish football ? You have lost it totally.

Not directly. But they do indirectly. 

Yeah there's absolutely no way that full houses will be allowed at any club while Ibrox and Parkhead are partly closed. Those in power - the government, the police etc. - are shit feared of offending either of those sets of fans, particularly Rangers fans.

50 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In the latest edition of "surely the government won't be encouraging businesses to get their employees back to the office!" bingo, yon PM has said folk have had enough days off and should be getting back to the office soon. To the surprise of *checks notes* absolutely no-one. Those inner-city buildings the Tories' hedge funds own aren't going to pay for themselves!

The chief exec of Pret a Manger must have some real dirt on the Tories.

57 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In the latest edition of "surely the government won't be encouraging businesses to get their employees back to the office!" bingo, yon PM has said folk have had enough days off and should be getting back to the office soon. To the surprise of *checks notes* absolutely no-one. Those inner-city buildings the Tories' hedge funds own aren't going to pay for themselves!

Johnson is an absolute c**t. 

Presumably Starmer will spend the next few days working out how to produce a statement on this issue which will say absolutely nothing. 

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

British Prime Ministers have been working from home for centuries.  So have American Presidents.

What a bunch of slackers.

The WFH subject has been well covered on here, but another chance for me to point out that anyone surprised by the pressure being aplloed together folk back to the office has had their head in the sand.

Anyway, I see theres real concern of an impending cigar supply crisis as the Moderna jag is finally due to enter the smoking lounge in the coming weeks.

The WFH subject has been well covered on here, but another chance for me to point out that anyone surprised by the pressure being aplloed together folk back to the office has had their head in the sand.

Anyway, I see theres real concern of an impending cigar supply crisis as the Moderna jag is finally due to enter the smoking lounge in the coming weeks.

My work announced its plans to allow more flexible working going forward.

I was in a meeting 2 weeks ago about how it would work. The language has definitely became more pessimistic and has moved from you getting to decide to “management and staff agreement.”

Didn’t help one old c**t spent the meeting saying working from home is shite because he doesn’t like using teams.

The same program he’d have to use in the office.

The church in the village where I grew up causes massive traffic problems every Sunday, even though there's only about 30 folk who attend it's right on the main road next to a bad junction. Arseholes.
I was just about to post the same. The operative word being "village". There's a few more than thirty, but none of them, apparently, can walk half a mile or so for a we seat while the vicar begs them to boost the Church Hall Fund.

35 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I was in a meeting 2 weeks ago about how it would work. The language has definitely became more pessimistic and has moved from you getting to decide to “management and staff agreement.”

Didn’t help one old c**t spent the meeting saying working from home is shite because he doesn’t like using teams.

Aye I think this is my concern. Our directors have said that they'll look to be more flexible when it comes to being in the office, but unless there's a sort of structure put in place I can see that language rolling back fairly quickly. We're a smaller company and I know a fair few of the old duffers want back in the office. In an office of 14 folk, if enough people just ignore the potential "2 days in the office the rest from home" idea that was put out to us 6 months ago, it puts a weird kind of pressure on the rest of us who like the WFH aspect to just get back in like the rest of them 

53 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Yup, this sounds familiar. I've got a few mates who were really looking forward to working from home - productivity had shot up, better work/life balance, less money on commute - but now their bosses are heavily hinting that they should expect to be in the building five days a week. One isn't even heavily hinting, one has outright told him that he wants staff back in as he likes going around the office and seeing everyone is at their computer quietly working.

It's just another example of the bizarre fixation this country has with outdated traditions.

19 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Aye I think this is my concern. Our directors have said that they'll look to be more flexible when it comes to being in the office, but unless there's a sort of structure put in place I can see that language rolling back fairly quickly. We're a smaller company and I know a fair few of the old duffers want back in the office. In an office of 14 folk, if enough people just ignore the potential "2 days in the office the rest from home" idea that was put out to us 6 months ago, it puts a weird kind of pressure on the rest of us who like the WFH aspect to just get back in like the rest of them 

All it will take is one of the old c***s to say "I needed to talk to so-and-so so I could iron something out, but couldn't as they were at home" and businesses will have half the folk back in before you can say "car and fuel companies want folk leasing a new car every three years".

49 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Thankfully we seem to be going in the other direction. There’s now an active effort to introduce 50% home working (for those who can) by tying it to efforts to reduce the overall carbon footprint through less commuting. 

The problem is that with a UK government that’s hostile to WFH, you can just imagine them introducing some kind of new laws or taxes that makes it unappealing for employers. 

I'm hopeful we'll have enough flexibility built in and enough "old duffers" prepared to make up the numbers in the office to allow me to please myself.

It's quite easy to see who can and can't function WFH. I don't mind accommodating people in real difficulty, but we are all supposed to be adaptable and open to change. I don't want to now "lose"  the travel expenses and productivity gains I've made because "Boab can't access the H drive and needs his book with all his stuff in it."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Interesting it's the "oldies" who want back. We are the polar opposite. The younger "out after work" crowd are pushing for a return while the more mature types seem to be the ones pressing for more flexibility. My sector has always had a fair WFH element but we interact with umpteen different client groups and the different attitudes are quite stark.

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

Yeah there's absolutely no way that full houses will be allowed at any club while Ibrox and Parkhead are partly closed. Those in power - the government, the police etc. - are shit feared of offending either of those sets of fans, particularly Rangers fans.

Spot on football would have been back in the late summer and autumn if it weren't for the 2 cheeks and sadly the SPFL are never going to say open up 40 grounds and keep 2 closed which would be very sensible.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Yup, this sounds familiar. I've got a few mates who were really looking forward to working from home - productivity had shot up, better work/life balance, less money on commute - but now their bosses are heavily hinting that they should expect to be in the building five days a week. One isn't even heavily hinting, one has outright told him that he wants staff back in as he likes going around the office....

Move on then sounds an unhealthy environment. There has been hints from the usual HR departments and directors of a return to the office for ‘health reasons’ in our organisation, ‘it’s not healthy to be stuck your house’....lot of p1sh. I’m hopeful of wfh 3 days a week and if they tell me I’m going back into the office 5 days I’ll walk out.