Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, btb said:

How would you get a vaccine passport?

I had my first jab earlier in the month but binned (re-cycled) the paperwork the following morning.

When I was at the doctors a month ago he mentioned that he seen that I had the vaccine so definitely on your health records.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not the easiest thing now, to find the daily data. A concerted effort to shunt covid stats off the front pages whilst heavy restrictions remain in place doesnt sit well with me.

The daily data is still in the same place it always was - when I googled "Scottish Government covid data" it was the first thing that came up.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

- 10 new reported deaths of people who tested positive  
- 701 new cases reported (+9)
- 2.4% test positivity (-0.7)
- 310 people in hospital (-11)
- 32 people are in ICU (+1)

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The daily data is still in the same place it always was - when I googled "Scottish Government covid data" it was the first thing that came up.

I did say front pages tbf. 

1 minute ago, ppb77 said:

A rushed through vaccine with liability removed from the manufactures.  What’s not too trust ?

unless I am forced to do so , I won’t be getting the vaccines . 

You joined just to tell us that?

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The UK government is calling it a Covid certificate. The EU are calling it a Digital Green Certificate.  

A certificate is a document that certifies something it doesn't need to be made of paper. QR codes make this no more palatable than demands to see papers. 

I just don't get why your QR code wouldn't be immediately updated with your info though. You seemed to suggest there would be situations where people had an out of date certificate and couldn't enter places. I cannot fathom that. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I just don't get why your QR code wouldn't be immediately updated with your info though. You seemed to suggest there would be situations where people had an out of date certificate and couldn't enter places. I cannot fathom that. 

If you aren't up to date on Covid boosters (or any other qualifications that are later added) you would no longer be certified to enter restricted areas. 

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If I'm reading the charts correctly, that is our second highest number of tests (only 15th January was higher) and also our lowest positive rate since October.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What if you don't know what a QR code is or have the facility to access it ??

Everyone carrying sensitive personal and medical information around on their phone that can be accessed through a QR code that may have to be given to any number of parties while outside your house every single day.

That's not sinister at all, is it? Pretty sure the govt are ripping off Westworld at this point.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Everyone carrying sensitive personal and medical information around on their phone that can be accessed through a QR code that may have to be given to any number of parties while outside your house every single day.

That's not sinister at all, is it? Pretty sure the govt are ripping off Westworld at this point.

It was discussed at start of pandemic that COVID certification/ passports etc were not going to happen .

it was the realm of conspiracy theory to suggest they wanted to implement it .

and yet here we are ! 

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Makes you Wonder. 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If you aren't up to date on Covid boosters (or any other qualifications that are later added) you would no longer be certified to enter restricted areas. 

You're not making any sense. Your first point suggested there could be situations where people's certificates weren't up to date and they couldn't enter places. The only reason families would end up being separated at restaurant doors would be if they missed their appointment or refused a jag/booster, which is precisely why this is being set up. I'm not really a fan of these vaccine certs but it seems we're imagining them to be much worse than they will be in reality. 

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

What if you don't know what a QR code is or have the facility to access it ??

Find out what it is and get access to it? Stamp your feet and shout about how unfair it is? I really couldn't give a shite, local councils should be able to assist the absolutely minute number of people that won't be able to scan a QR code in this day and age. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're not making any sense. Your first point suggested there could be situations where people's certificates weren't up to date and they couldn't enter places. The only reason families would end up being separated at restaurant doors would be if they missed their appointment or refused a jag/booster, which is precisely why this is being set up. I'm not really a fan of these vaccine certs but it seems we're imagining them to be much worse than they will be in reality. 

My point was people who consider the vaccine passports as having no impact on them would still suffer consequences if a close relative/friend chooses not to be vaccinated. 

Folk would do well to remember that theres absolutely no fucking need or reason to have domestic vaccine passports.

Having our own lives dangled back in front of us like some sort of reward for chewing on some yet to be determined, but definitely for some c**t elses benefit bullshit condition is just blowing my mind.