Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

Sturgeon and Clownshoes need to follow the road to normality like good old Boris.

That’s no different to pre-Covid where any business can refuse any customer, and realistically I doubt there will be a single pub that bans non-vaccinated customers as they will not want to reduce their customer pool. Bit of a non-story.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

That’s no different to pre-Covid where any business can refuse any customer, and realistically I doubt there will be a single pub that bans non-vaccinated customers as they will not want to reduce their customer pool. Bit of a non-story.

Businesses can't simply "refuse any customer".

Just now, Aladdin said:

Businesses can't simply "refuse any customer".

Taking the example of a pub. They did, and will continue to, refuse entry to customers as they see fit. I understand the line you’re going to take here and I’m not going to argue about it, but what Boris has said there changes nothing.

4 hours ago, madwullie said:

Says in there 800k people regularly attend church in scotland. Have to say I'm surprised it''s that high

Worldwide it'll be 500,000,000. Isn't that how many fans Rangers have?

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Businesses couldn't demand to know your medical history pre Covid. 

I mean, asking for proof of a specific vaccine from every single customer is very, very different to not serving the steaming guy or the boy who’s abusing the checkout staff.

The Prime Minister of the country saying those words isn’t really a non-story, regardless of the way it pans out - I suspect like you the overwhelming majority wouldn’t be keen. I know this has been a mental year but the PM saying you might to prove you’ve had a vaccine to get a pint or a bacon roll is worth taking note of. And it certainly doesn’t scream normality by June 21st either.

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Businesses couldn't demand to know your medical history pre Covid. 

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

I mean, asking for proof of a specific vaccine from every single customer is very, very different to not serving the steaming guy or the boy who’s abusing the checkout staff.

The Prime Minister of the country saying those words isn’t really a non-story, regardless of the way it pans out - I suspect like you the overwhelming majority wouldn’t be keen. I know this has been a mental year but the PM saying you might to prove you’ve had a vaccine to get a pint or a bacon roll is worth taking note of. And it certainly doesn’t scream normality by June 21st either.

Yeah these are fair points. I agree get it in the bin.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Serving someone who is drunk is illegal and doing so could risk the licence of the individual, I would hope and it doesn't appear to be the case that pubs or staff could lose their licence for serving someone who won't give them their medical records

The mere hint of domestic vaccine passports, which Johnson is hinting at there even if he doesn't say as much, can get to f**k. 

I won't be frequenting shops/pubs/restaurants demanding proof of vaccination or masks once everyone's been vaccinated. 

I'm pretty sure that this argument about services being withheld or access to premises being prohibited on the grounds of non-vaccination was done to death many months back.

It can throw up serious issues under the Equality Act, as does mandatory vaccination as a condition of employment.

14 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Open a hotel and put a sign in the window stating "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" and see what happens.

That would be discrimination.

A business is perfectly entitled to tell any customer they don't want their custom. They don't have to give a reason.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

That would be discrimination.

A business is perfectly entitled to tell any customer they don't want their custom. They don't have to give a reason.

But that isn't what is being suggested, rather a policy of not admitting unvaccinated customers.

A smart business would not give a reason however, that may be difficult if people are having to provide proof of vaccination, in whatever form it takes, at a door and then being refused entry when they don't have it.  

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

50 people inside a church Vs 100 people in the Richard Donald stand. 

As long as the 50 in the Church aren't "tooled up", then I'd be backing the 100 in the Richard Donald stand.