Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Good grief, your spelling sir.

I'll let you have that seeing as you've been great on this thread throughout. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

If you are an Indian with a bit of cash in the bank and start feeling Covid symptoms do you.

(I) Isolate immediately and fingers crossed you don't end up in one of the pyres of burning bodies outside a hospital. 

(II) Drop some change for a fake test result and book the first flight to NHS land.

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. That is a disgraceful comment.

It's clearly racist and you should be permanently binned for this.

Be careful what you wish for mate. Red dotting me every day seems to be good for your mental health.

Take that away and it's a slippery slope to getting bullied off the SNP lads again. 

Remember 'Zero Covid' Taiwan? Yeah, about that...

Posted at 16:35

Taiwan restrictions tighten as two further deaths reported

Kerry Allen

BBC Monitoring, Chinese Media Analyst

image.gif.dc3b0e9e6d1896719114d38d211f49af.gif
Reuters

Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center has confirmed a further two people have died from Covid-19, taking the country's total death toll to 14.

According to Taiwan’s Central News Agency, one of the deceased was an 86-year-old man "with multiple chronic diseases". The other was a woman in her 60s. Both had only tested positive two days earlier.

The patients lived in New Taipei and Taipei City, the two areas of Taiwan that are currently experiencing level three Covid-19 restrictions.

Taiwan has four Covid-19 response levels, and a level three alert is a “near lockdown”, where mask-wearing is enforced and all but essential businesses are closed.

The island is currently experiencing its worst outbreak since the beginning of the pandemic.

There have been more than 1,000 locally transmitted cases recorded over the last week.

Yesterday, Taiwan recorded 333 cases - a record daily high since the pandemic began. The island also announced it was barring entry to non-Taiwanese nationals, and all schools across the island have now closed until 28 May.

Last year, Taiwan was deemed something of a success story. At the end of 2020, it had only recorded 799 cases of Covid-19.

There have now been more than 2,260 cases in total, and 1,119 of those are active cases.

You can't keep it out forever - eventually it is going to catch up with you. The only way out is through accumulated immunity.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

I told you on Friday this is being driven by the Government Nudge Unit. 

The Germans aren't messing about. No vaccine, negative test or certificate of recovery and you are under curfew. Crazy but the UK media are giving it a Gillet Juene style wide berth. 

Screenshot_2021-05-18-13-34-50-699_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have to say I think you are trawling your net a bit wide in terms of evidence for your far reaching conspiracy. Clumsy messaging via pals in the media has been a widely known theme of this pandemic.

Encouraging to see that positive cases are down in the two Glasgow hotspots. Hopefully, there is a pretty rapid drop in there soon. I’ll hold onto hope of my night out in Glasgow during the long weekend for a wee bit longer.*

*I fully understand that it’s probably not going to happen.

What happens when a non UK citizen shows up at a hospital with covid or anything else? I assume they are treated but would they not be required to cover at least some costs?

Encouraging to see that positive cases are down in the two Glasgow hotspots. Hopefully, there is a pretty rapid drop in there soon. I’ll hold onto hope of my night out in Glasgow during the long weekend for a wee bit longer.*

*I fully understand that it’s probably not going to happen.
Ditto

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

JL on STV News talking about the Indian variant. 

I think if i watched it id chuck the telly out the window.

Rates dipping in bolton etc, no massive rise in cases elsewhere, no increase in deaths (indeed none today in Scotland and you’d expect over the weekend deaths to be registered today???). 
Are the government getting wound up over nothing? A step back into further restrictions is too much tbh. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think if i watched it id chuck the telly out the window.

Rates dipping in bolton etc, no massive rise in cases elsewhere, no increase in deaths (indeed none today in Scotland and you’d expect over the weekend deaths to be registered today???). 
Are the government getting wound up over nothing? A step back into further restrictions is too much tbh. 

He did say we need more time as usual.