Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
2 hours ago, Left Back said:
Anyone else watching the anti-vax program on C4? Only half way through but the guy behind the MMR scandal is being set up as the main protagonist.  Andrew Wakefield who was struck off because of papers he published saying MMR causes autism.

He should have ended up in prison, not in the US.

He’s a grade A c**t.  I wonder how many deaths should be attributed to him, and not just Covid deaths.

49 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'm as pro-independence as most others on this forum, however where the restrictions are concerned then it's high time Nicola (in particular) and Jason were put on an enforced vacation so that they can reconnect with real life. Their daily routine since March 2020 has been about protection, protection, protection to the point that the mantra has taken over their lives and - worse - has taken over their messaging to the nation. They are both mentally locked in a groove that needs to be disrupted for the wider benefit of us all.

The adult conversation - remember that? - should take into account that the vaccination programme is well advanced and is demonstrably effective. The public now should be trusted to make its own risk assessment as to whether its acceptable to go to the pub/restaurant/football/gig without continuing these unenforceable restrictions which frankly are only harming the economy and mental health. And are bloody confusing - why on earth should anyone have to divulge their phone number and e-mail address to have a coffee at this point??

One other thing - Nicola's looked knackered since about February. Get her out of the mainstream for a while. Going at it the way she has been for the last fifteen months isn't healthy or sustainable.

Yeh, youve absolutely nailed that. 
She looks absolutely knackered and needs a break. Time for the depute FM etc to step up and give her some time away. 

She looks absolutely knackered and needs a break. Time for the depute FM etc to step up and give her some time away. 

I’ve long suspected that if the election hadn’t happened this year she’d have resigned as FM and stepped back when this is over.

There’s a reason they were so desperate for Angus Robertson to get into Holyrood.

Even if all restrictions were lifted, when do you suppose the rules regarding self isolation for close contacts will be binned.
The main problem now with rising cases is the amount of disruption to workplaces etc.rather than anyone being sick.
If we end up treating it like the flu surely all this stuff has to be canned.
Is it binned in the English plan ?

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

She really has made a rod for her own back by appointing an utter fucking moron as a depute. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

She really has made a rod for her own back by appointing an utter fucking moron as a depute. 

Swinney is a competent administrator but a hopeless communicator.  He can't possibly become the voice of the Scottish government on a daily basis. 

I'd rather listen to and watch Jackie Baillie eat crisps. 

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Even if all restrictions were lifted, when do you suppose the rules regarding self isolation for close contacts will be binned.
The main problem now with rising cases is the amount of disruption to workplaces etc.rather than anyone being sick.
If we end up treating it like the flu surely all this stuff has to be canned.
Is it binned in the English plan ?

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire 😑

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire [emoji58]
The Buff in Prestwick and Gillie Dhu in Ayr have both been forced to close due to staff testing positive but that just seems synonymous with the general rise in prevelance again in S Ayrshire. Not read of anywhere closing due to close contact isolation yet but if cases are on the rise and these are the rules, it's inevitable.

The local facebook pages are utterly farcical ...WEEGIES, dirty Weegies it's all the fault of the Weegies. FFS !!!

Some sense from someone on the vaccine task force:-.
“The UK's latest coronavirus data looks encouraging, a government adviser has said, amid a debate over whether to end restrictions in England on 21 June.
Sir John Bell, part of the government's vaccine taskforce, said there needed to be "balance" to the discussion.
"If we scamper down a rabbit hole every time we see a new variant we are going to spend a long time huddled away."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57328138

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire 😑

An adult wouldn't have to isolate unless a kid they live with tested positive.

Got a message from my son's school. Anyone on a certain school bus on a certain day should self-isolate, and so should their families. Luckily he was on a different bus. 

Makes me wonder how many people are actually ill from this bus journey full of teenagers

Just now, scottsdad said:

Got a message from my son's school. Anyone on a certain school bus on a certain day should self-isolate, and so should their families. Luckily he was on a different bus. 

Makes me wonder how many people are actually ill from this bus journey full of teenagers

I’d be challenging that one.

The rule has always been that direct contacts of positive cases should self-isolate. Households of contacts do not need to isolate. 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

I’d be challenging that one.

The rule has always been that direct contacts of positive cases should self-isolate. Households of contacts do not need to isolate. 

That's what I had thought but the text from the school was crystal clear. So if he had been on that bus, me, the wife and our daughter would be self-isolating* rigidly, not leaving the house for 2 weeks.

*we would not be self-isolating. f**k that.

See the 1000 fans in level one, is that Wee Jasons new "thats what you can have without even lifting the phone" number?

What you can automatically let in before coming up with a detailed risk assessment for getting out of your car in an outdoor space within a 5 yard radius of someone else?