Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i'm sure if someone needs to self isolate, then the entire household does, whats the point in someone staying at home incase their unknowingly spreading covid, only for the rest of their family to go out and about unknowingly spreading it whilst they're in the hoose?

This is incorrect.

Epidemiologically speaking you are correct. However I’m just telling you what the rules state:

- If someone tests positive, all direct close contacts must isolate, but contacts of contacts/households of contacts do not need to.

- If someone you live with develops symptoms or tests positive then the entire household/support bubble isolates for 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

This is incorrect.

Epidemiologically speaking you are correct. However I’m just telling you what the rules state:

- If someone tests positive, all direct close contacts must isolate, but contacts of contacts/households of contacts do not need to.

- If someone you live with develops symptoms or tests positive then the entire household/support bubble isolates for 10 days. 

f**k me, fwiw i think it's silly all those folk needing to isolate becuase someone coughed once in a room but if people actually living in a house with someone who has been deemed enough of a risk via contact that they must self isolate, don't themselves have to isolate then no wonder the entire system leaks like a sieve . might aswell not bother with the hassle of it now 

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’ve long suspected that if the election hadn’t happened this year she’d have resigned as FM and stepped back when this is over.

There’s a reason they were so desperate for Angus Robertson to get into Holyrood.

Yep, get a bit of time off and prepare to lead the yes campaign in indyref2.

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

She really has made a rod for her own back by appointing an utter fucking moron as a depute. 

Haha Im sure he can handle stuff with support for a bit afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Some sense from someone on the vaccine task force:-.
“The UK's latest coronavirus data looks encouraging, a government adviser has said, amid a debate over whether to end restrictions in England on 21 June.
Sir John Bell, part of the government's vaccine taskforce, said there needed to be "balance" to the discussion.
"If we scamper down a rabbit hole every time we see a new variant we are going to spend a long time huddled away."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57328138

Heard a snippet of that interview earlier and was relieved that at least someone is talking sense. 

The fanzones are happening Jason.
So deal with it you fucking clown. 

It won’t surprise me if he’s slowly being faded away for economists and other experts to give advice.

We don’t need to know of every variant unless hospitalisation increase and it’s a common link. Hopefully his time in the sun is done.

45 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k me, fwiw i think it's silly all those folk needing to isolate becuase someone coughed once in a room but if people actually living in a house with someone who has been deemed enough of a risk via contact that they must self isolate, don't themselves have to isolate then no wonder the entire system leaks like a sieve . might aswell not bother with the hassle of it now 

If It involves paying more people to self islate, the government isn't interested.

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57327652

Good luck trying to stop fans going down :lol: 

Forget COVID.

Why the f**k would you spend hundreds of pounds and annual leave to go to a city where a game is on where you don't have tickets, there is no fan zone and you all have to disperse hours before the game to go to 1000 different pubs across London for 2 hours?

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Forget COVID.

Why the f**k would you spend hundreds of pounds and annual leave to go to a city where a game is on where you don't have tickets, there is no fan zone and you all have to disperse hours before the game to go to 1000 different pubs across London for 2 hours?

Fairy Liquid Fountains, bro.

3E30E436-C0FE-49FF-AF9E-052F440205F6.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Humza gonna Humza 

Promoted significantly beyond his capabilities. 

3 minutes ago, shahid khan said:

Called the 0800 number regarding my vaccine appointment having read this forum.  Appointment booked for this Saturday at Greenock Town Hall. Get the nail bars opened!

Its brilliant reading this thread and seeing the amount of folks who’ve had tips and info which has resulted in them getting their vaccines. For all that there are various schools of thought and different opinions on here its absolutely fantastic to see people getting jagged. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Don't do something you're allowed to do parents or you'll hospitalise children.

Question is are those 10 children in hospital because they require treatment for Covid or have they tested positive in hospital or within 28 days and are in hospital for any other number of things unrelated to Covid.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Forget COVID.

Because it will be fun and a lot of people are desperate for trips/holidays after staying at home for over a year.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Question is are those 10 children in hospital because they require treatment for Covid or have they tested positive in hospital or within 28 days and are in hospital for any other number of things unrelated to Covid.

Exactly.  Probably in for another ailment and have tested positive.   Everyone knows this disease doesn't affect the young.