Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What were the icu and hospital figures?

NS: "There are currently 116 people in hospital with Covid, and that is 6 more than yesterday. 8 people are receiving intensive care. That's the same number as yesterday."

Can anyone explain the logic behind banning away fans next season? It seems to make very simplistic assumptions about fan bases. After Aberdeen home games I've seen a reasonable number of home fans get on the Megabus back to the likes of Glasgow. For a number of our home games the number of Aberdeen fans travelling from beyond the limits of Aberdeenshire, let alone Aberdeen probably outnumber the total number of away fans. Are they going to limit home fans so your registered address has to be within a certain number of miles of the stadium?

There is no logic because it hasn’t happened

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Freshly Pfizered. They were half an hour late and then they're also telling people to sit in a waiting room for a further 15 minutes after it due to the risk of fainting. The f**k?

My aunt and uncle got Pfizer and had to wait 15 mins as my uncle was driving. My mum had AZ and was allowed to leave straight away but they did ask if she had drove down to the appointment 

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

NS: "There are currently 116 people in hospital with Covid, and that is 6 more than yesterday. 8 people are receiving intensive care. That's the same number as yesterday."

But we just don’t know if the vaccine is working!!!

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Shit is going to hit the fan when people realise they are double jagged and still can't get a holiday outside the UK. 

Its the same thing with clubs and gigs. If not this summer then when?

Sadly the one thing worse than anarchy is apathy, and the uk has the latter by the bucket load when it comes to covid restrictions 

But we just don’t know if the vaccine is working!!!
Not sure there are many peddling that line now bar your Indy Sage types who despite their airtime have very little actual influence. The SG has been openly admitting they are breaking the link for a few weeks now.

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Can anyone explain the logic behind banning away fans next season? It seems to make very simplistic assumptions about fan bases. After Aberdeen home games I've seen a reasonable number of home fans get on the Megabus back to the likes of Glasgow. For a number of our home games the number of Aberdeen fans travelling from beyond the limits of Aberdeenshire, let alone Aberdeen probably outnumber the total number of away fans. Are they going to limit home fans so your registered address has to be within a certain number of miles of the stadium?

It’s utterly pathetic. Folk can travel anywhere they like in Scotland (well apart from Glasgow atm) and it’s fine. You can wander around shopping centres for hours on end but how dare you even think of going and standing outdoors for 90mins to watch the football 😑 

26 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The press are gagging to get the fanzones / Euros restricted or stopped. Utter dicks.

Bunch of kunts. Honestly blows my mind how many people there is out there who don’t want to see any kind of fun or normality return. These people need fired to Alisa Craig and they can live an isolated life there and let those of us who want to live (rather than exist) get on with it 

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

ICU figures should come with a bit of perspective e.g the age of the person, their health background. It’s one thing to have an 85 year old with numerous health conditions in ICU, quite another if that person was 40 and fit and healthy. 

Game of footy 200m from the house I can go to.  Good news.

Fans allowed to return to the Canniepairt

We are delighted to announce that we are now able to welcome back our supporters to the Canniepairt on match days, starting with our first friendly match of pre-season on Saturday 12th June.
Tayport FC v Tayport FC Amateurs
Saturday 12th June
Kick off - 2pm

Pre-season friendly match

The Canniepairt

Entry free for all

Social distancing will apply under SFA rules.

While facemasks are not mandatory the club advise the wearing of them.

Just me who thinks the number of kids 12-15 taking the vaccine will be low? Already seeing people on social media stating it’s all bollocks and won’t let their kids take it.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Just me who thinks the number of kids 12-15 taking the vaccine will be low? Already seeing people on social media stating it’s all bollocks and won’t let their kids take it.

Make them home school them. Fuckers would soon change their minds then.

ICU figures should come with a bit of perspective e.g the age of the person, their health background. It’s one thing to have an 85 year old with numerous health conditions in ICU, quite another if that person was 40 and fit and healthy. 

Can’t do that as with such low numbers you’d risk exposing the identity of those in

41 minutes ago, Paco said:

There’s no official ban on this, at least at this stage and I’d suggest it’s unlikely there’ll be one. It’s purely down to capacity restraints. I doubt you’d be chuffed as an Aberdeen fan who can’t get into a game with your season ticket, but a Motherwell fan strolls up the road to watch the game.

Can’t think of a Premiership team who could fit their home support in with room to spare, with two metre distancing. Even St Johnstone would struggle. If the distancing requirement drops then it’s possible, but then you open a bit of a can of worms in that St Johnstone would play their home games with a few hundred away fans in the ground but never have backing elsewhere. Whether that’s fine is upto the football authorities.

Heading down the leagues I’d be surprised if there aren’t away fans at sparsely full grounds. No reason whatsoever for 50 Cowdenbeath fans to be barred from Forthbank. In short the problem is capacity, and not travel... at the moment, at least.

Thats exactly the way I see it.

In the Premiership it will probably start in the main home fans only, not because its in law but due to the lack of available seats with teams having reduced capacity.

In time this will go up and the likes of Saints will offer some away fans as I would imagine will Livingston (They might be able to from the start) but most of the other 10 are going to need the end of distancing completely before they can think about opening up to away fans.  I would expect Ross County and Motherwell to be not too far behind with Aberdeen, Dundee , Dundee United  and St Mirren opening up to small away allocations.

I do wonder if there will be any away fans at Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs next season if there are any distancing rules at all. I wonder of the old firm could push to keep away fans out for ever as it probably costs them money in empty seats etc.  I would hope they won't be able to do that for cup ties even with restrictions next season .

Saints will take the money, if we can have away fans there will be away fans.

Below the Premiership most teams may do a few games home only but most will have the space to have away fans from the start.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

This is a bit more reassuring. Yes we have entered a third wave but we are not planning any further shitting of the bed as we feel the vaccine will ultimately win out seems to be the tone here.

They've planned to not shit the bed on plenty of occasions before.

The bed is full of shit.

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Pretty sure they can't give out that level of personal info? Might be wrong tho