Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just looked at the guidance for universities that has been published,

So absolutely no change for me and my fellow lecturers compared to level zero, or indeed level 1. 

We have been planning based on class sizes and capacities with social distancing. That will not change. Looks like we're full on blended learning for the next academic year. 

Having posted this yesterday, I got a panicked call from my Head of School. All courses to be taught in person in class this coming semester.

Great, I said. We've been told our room occupancy is somewhere between 20 and 40. Max class size is 50. My class has 350 students in it. So my options as a lecturer are to see all students weekly online, or see the students once or twice in a semester in person. Unless this guidance changes soon the students are once again getting a sub par experience. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Foreword. Forward is the direction John Swinney should be moving in the queue at the job centre. 

Hmm, OK.  Not sure what that has to do with my post though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Eh.... No you didnt. You made a dig at myself and Empty It regarding Bill Cosby, because you were in a wee huff over Leigh Griffiths. Link provided.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/268092-bill-cosby-freed/&do=findComment&comment=14564663

Ahhh right. So yeah you were defending Griffiths so I made a joke in the Cosby thread about it. 

Ground breaking stuff indeed...

Completely irrelevant to the anti trans allegations which you probably know yourself to be untrue but still got to help a brother out when they're arguing with the Top Boy eh? 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Because you typed "Forward". And then entered it into a search engine as well, when the word is "Foreword". Are you feeling ok?

Someone think of the hospitals!

Posted at 14:45

Increasing pressure on hospitals in the South West

443e3d97-d03d-44fe-b810-60918246e7c9.jpg

Hugh Pym

BBC News Health Editor

I am hearing reports of increasing pressure on hospitals and other NHS services in south west England.

The volume of holidaymakers is said to be one factor.

Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Resilience Forum asks partners to work together “in response to the exceptional and sustained pressures”

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

Ahhh right. So yeah you were defending Griffiths so I made a joke in the Cosby thread about it. 

Ground breaking stuff indeed...

Completely irrelevant to the anti trans allegations which you probably know yourself to be untrue but still got to help a brother out when they're arguing with the Top Boy eh? 

imageproxy.png

Just now, Rugster said:

Because you typed "Forward". And then entered it into a search engine as well, when the word is "Foreword". Are you feeling ok?

Aye, right.  Still not sure what that has do with John Swinney though.  

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, right.  Still not sure what that has do with John Swinney though.  

It was just a wee pedantic joke, GD, didn't mean any harm. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It was just a wee pedantic joke, GD, didn't mean any harm. 

Fair enough.  As I get older my ability to understand pedantry and humour seems to be diminishing.

That said I enjoy a wee bit of pedantry myself.

Watching the press conference.

Clear everyone (MHRA for sure) bar the JCVI want to vaccinate 12-15 year olds as well.

JCVI finally actually saying it is the individual and not the collective they focus on.

Edited by superbigal

The deputy first minister added that large gatherings around a bar were "a hallmark of hospitality venues in the past".

But he added "maybe that's not a good idea in the context of covid being a part of our lives now"

Well that’s not all of us drinking at a bar for the foreseeable future. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-58078053.amp