Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Good to see a lot of criticism and pushback of the travel testing farce across the BBC today.

But also this:

Aye, fully vaccinated people not wearing masks on the tube will lead to another lockdown. cornette.png

If the numbers wearing masks are the same what is the point of making it law?  If the police had better things to do than enforce it previously they have better things to do now.  By his own admission removing the legal requirement has made no difference to “compliance”

Grant Schnapps saying that 90% of UK holiday makers in Spain take a PCR test instead of the required antigen test before flying home, ie 100 odd euros instead of 30 odd euros. I would suggest that's a bared face lie Mr Schnapps, and do you happen to have a relative flogging travel pack PCR tests you can take with you from home?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Glasgow to East Kilbride bus yesterday, the 6. 

Driver was at a few stops was shouting from his cab to a few people that had their masks down. ' I aint moving till you pull your mask up'

Honestly.

We'll be taking no notice of the under class that travels on buses.

2 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Driver was at a few stops was shouting from his cab to a few people that had their masks down. ' I aint moving till you pull your mask up'

Honestly.

He's the one sitting in the bus all day, how long were you on it for?

3 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Honestly.

"Ahm urnae moving" sounds more convincing.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Grant Schnapps saying that 90% of UK holiday makers in Spain take a PCR test instead of the required antigen test before flying home, ie 100 odd euros instead of 30 odd euros. I would suggest that's a bared face lie Mr Schnapps, and do you happen to have a relative flogging travel pack PCR tests you can take with you from home?

Caught a bit of the evening news and a guy from TUI (I think) basically said bullshit, the packages people buy from us are LFT’s.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Caught a bit of the evening news and a guy from TUI (I think) basically said bullshit, the packages people buy from us are LFT’s.

Simon Calder asked the Department of Transport for the data to back it up, and they said they don't have any. It's such a ridiculous lie, like pretending that putting France on the quarantine list and delaying putting India on red was data driven rather than purely political.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

88ef3429-b973-494c-9b30-1b9253e70db9.jpg

Australia have actually gone mad.

That this sort of stuff continues to fly in a liberal democracy, or what we thought was liberal, is nuts. 

I'm nor sure there's ever been a Covid measure that the majority of people haven't thought was too authoritarian. Which is terrifying. 

Edited by Michael W

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How many times are you going to make that point?

You've been making it daily for weeks now.

For someone who had a go at me yesterday for repeating my point about masks, you've got quite a cheek there Marshy boy.

For as long as it takes for you to realise that the whole world doesn't revolve around you and the latest fruitloop youtube video you've watched, Vicky boy.

Edited by welshbairn

That this sort of stuff continues to fly in a liberal democracy, or what we thought was liberal, is nuts. 
I'm nor sure there's ever been a Covid measure that the majority of people haven't thought was too authoritarian. Which is terrifying. 

My Australian partner reckons it’s because by keeping them in the country, it’s technically another Australian they’ve ‘repatriated home’ and boosts the stats. Makes sense. Well, it’s mental, but it’s an explanation.

After deciding the other day to cancel our holiday in September Mrs. Back has been unable to get through on the phone lines (cancel is the wrong word, we have to re-arrange which TUI only let you do by phone).  We weren’t overly concerned as we still have a couple of weeks to sort it and be outside the 28 day departure date.

Unexpectedly got an email from TUI tonight that they were cancelling our holiday which meant we got back the 20% bonus voucher offer if we rebook rather than take the cash refund.

Now rebooked for Dubrovnik next June which is where we’d planned to go last June.  Glad she couldn’t get through now as it means we’ve not had to pay £200 more to get the original holiday we had booked,

Surely this travel madness will be over by then and the testing nonsense will be in the bin.

In my experience the holiday companies have been extremely good at dealing with this pish.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

One day this is going to be looked back on for what it truly is, and folk like the climate psychos fully endorse it.

The sentiment may be correct but in principle I’d have far more faith in numbers being reported correctly in the developed world.  Not defending the actions here but trying to dig beyond the sensationalism.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What’s more likely to happen first?

Falkirk getting promotion from League 1 or masks being ditched all together. 

Pure theatre.

Genuinely, other than for the sake of it, what is the point in that?

What a series of knots to tie yourself in to avoid just ditching masks altogether.

Edited by Todd_is_God