Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

A man promoted far beyond his limited capabilities. 

We set an email account up for our wee guy for things like collecting his air miles or stuff like that, but i cannot understand people who create social media profiles etc. 

Thats a really shite post. 

We’ve seen with another high profile case that the ability to get out these quarantine hotels isnt anywhere near as easy as others on here made out. Also if I was that lassies dad id have told her to do the exact same thing, id hate to think of my loved one trapped in a tiny hotel room going through that and not even able to go a wee walk and clear their head etc if it got the better of them. 

With the announced increase in quarantine costs to over £200 per night, it really isn't surprising that people want to find alternatives.

25 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

And, although I don't normally quote myself, you just have to check the wee circles alloted without comment on the above post to find a couple of prime examples. 

Will you f**k off with your red dot comments.  People see a post they like - green dots.  One they dislike - red dot.  Absolutely no need to add commentary, especially when, in your case, it is usually very obvious what is being disagreed with. 

Edited by strichener

27 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

And, although I don't normally quote myself, you just have to check the wee circles alloted without comment on the above post to find a couple of prime examples. 

You do know that people can happily decide to disagree with, and subsequently red dot, posts without commenting? I find it strange that some people fail to grasp this concept. 

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can’t remember where I saw it but Sage information has shown that face to face contacts are running at around a quarter of pre pandemic levels and are even below those of last summer. 

The Tories are determined to destroy the NHS. It is so hard to access there will be a large uptick in private insurance.

I've been told that NHS Glasgow have objected to TRNSMT going ahead because it will overstretch them. Farcical. 

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Tories are determined to destroy the NHS. It is so hard to access there will be a large uptick in private insurance.

I've been told that NHS Glasgow have objected to TRNSMT going ahead because it will overstretch them. Farcical. 

While there has been chronic underfunding for over a decade, I've always been sceptical that the NHS is 'the envy of the world'. How does it compare to Germany or the Nordic nations, etc? They'll also never get any sympathy from me if those in positions of power are seriously going to continue wanting civil liberties restricted to 'protect' it.

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How many people will be at TRNSMT?

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You do know that people can happily decide to disagree with, and subsequently red dot, posts without commenting? I find it strange that some people fail to grasp this concept. 

And it is strange that some people seem to object to it being pointed out.  You don’t have to be so defensive. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You seem a bit harsher than normal, are you upset about something?

Anyway it’s no more stupid or shallow that the view that someone who has a decent income, own their house(usually with a big mortgage) and maybe have a bit of other wealth are significantly different from other “working class” people.

Rather it’s used by politicians on the right to convince those people that they are “middle class” and have more in common with the Tories than with other political parties.  The thing is they don’t, Tory policies are certainly not in these folks interest and they have far more in common with other working class folk.

FWIW I also think middle/working class is more than, socio-economic, it also relates to a world view.

You've just described Boris Johnson as working class.

Why stop there ? What about the Royal Family ? 

You can't just point at something and say 'working class'.

"See that squirrel over there ?"

"Please stop thi.."

"Working class"

19 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

And it is strange that some people seem to object to it being pointed out.  You don’t have to be so defensive. 

What are you actually wittering on about?

44 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

You've just described Boris Johnson as working class.

Why stop there ? What about the Royal Family ? 

You can't just point at something and say 'working class'.

"See that squirrel over there ?"

"Please stop thi.."

"Working class"

The Royal Family don’t need to work.  They have enough wealth.  You obviously have a problem understanding this.

On 14/07/2021 at 17:00, NotThePars said:

Lot of nerd talk threatening to derail the thread so here’s some shots fired: there’s a coterie of posters, all definitely above 45 and balding, who’ve never read a book on the topics they pontificate about and are best described as “shooting from the hip” and “calling it like they see it” emoji106.png

2 hours ago, 101 said:

She had every right to be with her parents in their final days something that wasn't stopped had she contacted test and protect they would have done test and day release instead she ran to the press. It's understandable as she probably wasn't thinking straight but the press should have pointed her in the right direction rather than print her story and open her to abuse from trolls online.

As for missing the pandemic dont worry plenty more leaving of the EU to do and then the Climate Crisis will be in full flow

..and yet many, many thousands of people in this country alone have been denied that right over the last eighteen months. Can you (or anyone, really) explain what exactly makes this case different from them? Serious question. 

No idea how you set about allocating classes to people in 2021. Just tried to invent new categories on the basis of contribution and it's difficult separating hedge funders from claimants. Maybe just good c***s and bad c***s.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and yet many, many thousands of people in this country alone have been denied that right over the last eighteen months. Can you (or anyone, really) explain what exactly makes this case different from them? Serious question. 

Two wrong does not make a right. Or in this case, many, many thousands of wrongs.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Risk now is much lower (due to the vaccination programme) than it was previously.  Unless there is a vaccine escaping variant that won’t change.  We shouldn’t be living as if there is.