Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've never been invited like this, nor given a date.

Always been up to me to organise it.

Yup, we have to phone the GP to make an appointment around October, think we might get a flyer. Could be different this year if they're doing covid boosters at the same time.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's a fair old increase in undertaking for a system stretched to the limit, more so if the over 12s are taken into consideration.

Is efficacy really that short lasting that so many without underlying problems need another dose so soon would be my question ? Presumably the science will be presented this afternoon at the briefing.

maybe AZ served its purpose but is actually shite in the grand scheme of things

I would have thought your GP would have organised this, rather than the patients. Our GP sends out a letter every year, as far as I recall.
It would be hard to "come forward" if you didn't know you were entitled to it!
It's ok we have established the "all over 50s" wasn't the norm before this year hence that post is obsolete now.

43 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Would they?

You can be positive with or without being vaxxed. If vaxxed you still have to isolate. 

A lot of people seem to have confused the idea that you can still get covid after being vaccinated with the idea that the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission at all and only works against serious illness.

To clarify,

- Being vaccinated makes you less likely to get the virus in the first place.

- Being vaccinated makes you MUCH less likely to get the virus and become seriously ill.

- Being vaccinated makes you OVERWHELMINGLY less likely to get the virus and die from it.

None of the vaccines provide 100% efficacy against any of these endpoints, but all are mostly successful at preventing deaths, then serious illness, then infection, in that order.

There is no doubt that vaccinating teenagers will reduce disruption on schools going forward, for two reasons:

1. Less teenagers will catch covid in the first place due to being vaccinated

2. Because less have caught it, less will be spreading it around in the classroom 

And simply because of the bed wetting that was always inevitable ahead of this winter.
This won't be happening as we go into next summer 7/8 months from now, but probably will at this point next year. Depends how long ole Rona takes to wind up as just another cold for 99% of us, even auld biddies. Of course, the crisis will be a memory by next summer for places like Europe and North America.
Isn't Bozo about to tell us it's "a long way from being over" this afternoon. As has been said before if you keep making predictions eventually one time you will be correct. Pretty sure you said it was over last week and the week before that.

It will never be "over" for as long as we have (what's about to become) a rolling vaccine program coupled with constant testing and isolation prigram. When that stops we will be getting there but when that will be is anyone's guess. No one can predict that at this stage. We all want it over but simply unilaterally declaring it over week in week out on a Scottish football forum doesn't count in the land of global pandemics.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

1. Less teenagers will catch covid in the first place due to being vaccinated

2. Because less have caught it, less will be spreading it around in the classroom 

If they do catch it despite being vaccinated they're also infectious for a shorter period.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Isn't Bozo about to tell us it's "a long way from being over" this afternoon. As has been said before if you keep making predictions eventually one time you will be correct. Pretty sure you said it was over last week and the week before that.

It will never be "over" for as long as we have (what's about to become) a rolling vaccine program coupled with constant testing and isolation prigram. When that stops we will be getting there but when that will be is anyone's guess. No one can predict that at this stage. We all want it over but simply unilaterally declaring it over week in week out on a Scottish football forum doesn't count in the land of global pandemics.

It's over as soon as furlough ends. That's the end of this month. Any of this shit continues without furlough being extended and we are in deep shit. Can you also kindly lay off with this "oh it might never be over" stuff? It's really depressing and if you think "no one can predict" what will happen then kindly stop predicting that this has years upon years left in it, it's about as helpful as those saying this was over a year ago. 

34 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

In the adult population, whilst it may reduce serious illness and death, the stats show it doesn't reduce spread.

Yet in the school population, my three have never been affected by it. Those kids that have caught suffer little if any symptoms, yet government want to vax putting the child's health at risk from novel vaccines, that are in reality not needed to protect them due to natural immunity. Ah but the disruption, so give them a novel vax with no known long term outcome?! 

Think I'll stick with the facts and gov can shove their child vaxxing.

I’d love to see what “stats” you’re talking about.

Hint: They don’t exist 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Here how come "limiting school disruption" has entered the arguement for 12 to 15 year olds getting jagged?

As far as I was aware, even a vaccinated person isolates on a positive test, and kids that age are not isolating as close contacts either?

Are vaccinated pupils less likely to pass the virus onto adults in the school?

2 face to face classes done. On masks, in the first class a few students showed up without masks. By the end half had removed them. In the second class this morning, all students sat down and took their masks off. 

Just like everywhere - one student told me he came on the bus and only about a quarter of people there were wearing them. 

Just back from great holiday in Spain and have now completed PCR test which I’ve posted off.

Lots of pluses but the paperwork and testing procedures were worse than I expected.

Absolutely no way could you go for a short break. Even a week would be blighted by the regulations.

Airports and flights a lot quieter than usual which was great but it is a worry waiting for the results of the antigen tests in the 72 hours before return.

However, we’re keen to get going again and just hope they get rid of some of this needless bureaucracy.

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

2 face to face classes done. On masks, in the first class a few students showed up without masks. By the end half had removed them. In the second class this morning, all students sat down and took their masks off. 

Just like everywhere - one student told me he came on the bus and only about a quarter of people there were wearing them. 

''Just like everywhere?''   i would say that wasnt at all accurate, i was in Glasgow for the 1st time in ages yesterday, there is a noticeable difference in attitude to mask wearing the more out in the stick you get, and a noticeable age divide too in Glasgow, that i don't see in Supermarkets in and around my area

7 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

''Just like everywhere?''   i would say that wasnt at all accurate, i was in Glasgow for the 1st time in ages yesterday, there is a noticeable difference in attitude to mask wearing the more out in the stick you get, and a noticeable age divide too in Glasgow, that i don't see in Supermarkets in and around my area

What I meant was that uniform mask wearing is less and less. 

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What I meant was that uniform mask wearing is less and less. 

oh, well i would agree with that, regardless of my views on it, but it just surprised me how many weegies i saw without them, not surprisingly it was almost all 30 ish and below.

It's over as soon as furlough ends. That's the end of this month. Any of this shit continues without furlough being extended and we are in deep shit. Can you also kindly lay off with this "oh it might never be over" stuff? It's really depressing and if you think "no one can predict" what will happen then kindly stop predicting that this has years upon years left in it, it's about as helpful as those saying this was over a year ago. 
Not sure where I actually said it might never end and fail to see what effect furlough ending will have on testing, isolation or the vaccination program but each to their own. Let's see Bezos take on it this afternoon.

1 minute ago, TheBruce said:

Overall it's noticeably an age divide in mask wearing as you say. However come winter flu season, f**k sitting on public transport with all those younger selfish c***s coughing and spluttering as it will be rife among them. No doubt A&E will be full of them wanting their mammy in their staunchness! Whilst those really needing care will die in the wait because of those c***s.

We'll stop being selfish and wear masks when old c***s stop voting for Tories and Nigel Farage pet projects, deal?

5 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Was at the Riverside Museum Glasgow on Sunday. The Stewards made you scan the QR code or write down your contact details. Everyone wore masks as challenged at the entrance. Place was pretty rammed and the usual brats running wild.

Later parked the car at St Georges cross and took the Mrs and the youngest on the Subway as they never had been on it before to go to Buchanan Street. What a mistake. No one enforcing mask wearing and was fucking rammed mainly with student types. The super spreading selfish c***s of the species not wearing masks. Shops pretty busy and most now wearing masks. It shows that when compelled to, the vast majority will wear masks.

Overall it's noticeably an age divide in mask wearing as you say. However come winter flu season, f**k sitting on public transport with all those younger selfish c***s coughing and spluttering as it will be rife among them. No doubt A&E will be full of them wanting their mammy in their staunchness! Whilst those really needing care will die in the wait because of those c***s.

Genuine lolz reading that pish.

Was at the Riverside Museum Glasgow on Sunday. The Stewards made you scan the QR code or write down your contact details. Everyone wore masks as challenged at the entrance. Place was pretty rammed and the usual brats running wild.
Later parked the car at St Georges cross and took the Mrs and the youngest on the Subway as they never had been on it before to go to Buchanan Street. What a mistake. No one enforcing mask wearing and was fucking rammed mainly with student types. The super spreading selfish c***s of the species not wearing masks. Shops pretty busy and most now wearing masks. It shows that when compelled to, the vast majority will wear masks.

f**k me must be the first time you've left your house this year with how cautious you're being.