Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine beimg in the position of hoping its "just" having to prove you have had a certai n medicine to go and get a coffee.

I still can’t believe they had us waiting outside is the pishing rain for all take away food and drink in Winter 2020/21.

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else a little nervous of tomorrow’s announcement. My anxiety is through the roof with this. 

I have to admit I’ve allowed myself to consider a worst case scenario in the hope that it’s not half as bad.

I’m near certain extended vaccine passport use is coming. Basically you can do nothing except go to the shops without your passport.

Not quite as certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see limits on social gatherings and crowds (probably level 0 numbers) and nightclubs getting the shaft.

I’ve never yet shown any form of vaccine passport in my 1/2 dozen or so matches at Celtic Park, since it was introduced. I just ignore the stewards and walk on. Only once did a girl ask me and I just showed her my (switched off) phone and carried on past.

It was noticeable yesterday that even the COVID stewards specifically employed to check passports seem to thankfully have more or less given up. They were just standing looking bore and on their phones or chatting, and I noticed some fans were actually thrusting their phones in the stewards’ faces, showing their vaccine app whilst other fans were just walking on past them. Does anyone know how enforced the passport thing is at nightclubs and other stadiums; Ibrox, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc?

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Not quite as certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see limits on social gatherings and crowds (probably level 0 numbers) and nightclubs getting the shaft.

*Except Glasgow.

Spoiler

1241243205_Screenshot2021-12-13at11_46_26.thumb.png.6c36059b5ca0bfe9647bdf6d56a05356.png

2 minutes ago, deegee said:

I’ve never yet shown any form of vaccine passport in my 1/2 dozen or so matches at Celtic Park, since it was introduced. I just ignore the stewards and walk on. Only once did a girl ask me and I just showed her my (switched off) phone and carried on past.

It was noticeable yesterday that even the COVID stewards specifically employed to check passports seem to thankfully have more or less given up. They were just standing looking bore and on their phones or chatting, and I noticed some fans were actually thrusting their phones in the stewards’ faces, showing their vaccine app whilst other fans were just walking on past them. Does anyone know how enforced the passport thing is at nightclubs and other stadiums; Ibrox, Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc?

I was at Tynecastle yesterday and nobody asked.

Hopefully they were focusing on refusing entry to the mutants in the away end.

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Leaving people in this kind of limbo by teasing restrictions,  is a fucking disgrace to be honest.

This has been their tactic since near enough day one of this shit show. It is a damned disgrace as you say and leaves folk scared and it’s a continual sense of  “doom and gloom” when all the evidence shows a hugely successful vaccine, an economy in recovery and folk returning to work as well as reconnecting with friends and family. I honestly can’t get my head around this bed wetting in the past fortnight especially. It’s so depressing yet also predictable to see that freaky goon Drakeford as well as Sturgeon feel the need to have to go further, just to be damned different.

Anyone else a little nervous of tomorrow’s announcement. My anxiety is through the roof with this. 
Shitting myself.

I mentioned it when we were sitting in the same position last week with regards to restrictions being teased but I'm supposed to be getting married on the 23rd and going from day to day without having a clue what's happening is torture. We've paid everything off and are still sorting the final bits and pieces for a day we can't be sure will go ahead (at least as planned).

That we're still in this position of having restrictions teased through the media and Twitter is a fucking disgrace. If it comes to rescheduling a wedding (again) then that's a hit we'll have to take. I can't imagine how business owners feel going from week to week not knowing whether they can stay open or not.

TL:DR - the government can get fucked.

4 minutes ago, deegee said:

Got asked once at Murrayfield in three matches.

I was at the Edinburgh v Benetton game last Friday and they had some token stewards outside the ground asking to show the vaccine passport.  I flashed my phone briefly but at no point did they actually read anything on it.  I think that was probably a reaction to the news that that Steps gig in Glasgow hadn't had the passport app checked mind you. 

45 minutes ago, David W said:

Booster booked for the Mosque next Tuesday. Not ideal but the only Glasgow and Clyde venue available. 

The good news is that I know the booking is definitely for 16.10 next Tuesday because they've sent me three emails and 7 sms messages in the last hour informing me as such.

Be prepared for a very long queue. 

8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I was at the Edinburgh v Benetton game last Friday and they had some token stewards outside the ground asking to show the vaccine passport.  I flashed my phone briefly but at no point did they actually read anything on it.  I think that was probably a reaction to the news that that Steps gig in Glasgow hadn't had the passport app checked mind you. 

Clubs aren't really checking the app either. In fact, is any venue? 

27 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Yep. 

I have a break in UK booked for the Christmas period. Something for my wee ones to look forward to. They have had a shit 3.5 years with my cancer diagnosis and then covid. Selfishly I would be absolutely fucking gutted if it was cancelled. 😭