Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

What a fucking state. One day you'll remember this is predominantly a football forum and stop acting like OFTW.

Your posts were better when they were just championing jobber goalkeepers as being better than Buffon.

Actually no scratch that, they were fucking shite as well.

A tsunami of cancellations: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59606753
Obviously we have been assured that this isn't even a big deal to business.
Thanks, Nic Sturg!
Wee Bully says it's fine because every single one of these parties will have paid in full non refundable and Meldrews opinion is f**k the hospitality industry as they should've planned for being shut down by the government for 2 years so it must be fine.

We can easily go on with multiple doses as long as they bin all restrictions, it’s what they do for flu. Albeit only for certain groups of people. 

If they binned every single restrictions and said you need a booster every 6 or 12 months I’d grab that with both hands. I agree they are undermining the vaccine program by continuing to impose on everyone’s life whilst claiming they are the end game of this. 
1 a year yes but most have had 3 in under 9 months with talk of each new strain needing another immediate booster. Your right about the flu program that's exactly where we need to get to ie 1 a year not the current 3 or possibly 4.

32 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

^^^ Bill Gates.

In all seriousness, it's looking likely the model going forward will be new variants requiring booster jabs every year/6months/15 minutes. This is fine if it was like the flu where old and vulnerable people had the option of taking the regular booster. But if we continue down the route of absolutely everyone being de facto forced into taking it under threat of restrictions to travel and access to day-to-day services, then I for one will be out with a pitchfork and hope the remainder of society who haven't completely lost their marbles over this will join me.

This is probably what should / will happen.

But we won't get anywhere near there until we view it like the flu and stop counting positive tests on a daily basis.

The modellers right now are punting out wild predictions of daily cases, but they are also claiming this would definitely lead to the NHS being overwhelmed despite having no data at all on which demographic, if any, is most likely to require hospitalisation.

I understand the view of "well if we wait till they are overrun it is too late" but i'm not convinced the potential response come Tuesday is at all proportionate atm.

Any restrictions re-introduced on a whim can't be described as "better safe than sorry" or "may as well" because they would more than likely be extremely expensive, and we'd again be faced with months of levels based shite and faffing about to step them back.

Restrictions require furlough. And furlough last time was meant to last just 3 months but took 19 months to finally get rid of it. Bring it back and you'd once again struggle to get rid of it because new variants will always appear, and we've shown we are prepared to shit the bed over each one.

If we want to spend more public money on "protecting" people do it in a meaningful way. Rather than paying people who don't need protecting not to work, invest in and increase the care capacity of our NHS.

I've said this before, but goverment intervention on our lives should always be a last, emergency resort, and the somewhat normalisation of restricting what people can do as a "go to" is troubling.

If we go back to restrictions then I do not anticipate vaccine uptake in 2022 to come close to 2021.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I think we’re quite close to the point where people will say ‘To hell with all this, let’s start living a normal life again’
If the NHS can’t cope then we’ll just need to pack folk in to the corridors and administer drugs as best as possible. 
It’s not going to be pretty but the fittest will survive and life will carry on. Maybe it’s time for the population to be thinned out.
Just a few thoughts from an old timer!
You do realise this is real life nit the Hunger Games. The grim reality for folk with thus view is the public opinion is nowhere near that stance. You just need to see how many are willing to take action based on a mere "advisory" this week to see we are a million miles from your vision.

It's a bit concerning for me that the UK government minister responsible for leading talks with the devolved administrations is that w****r Michael Gove. Now that Hancock is out, he's known to be the most cautious voice in the UK cabinet when it comes to the pandemic, so there's no doubt he'll be promising Sturgeon and the chinless wonder that lockdowns are on the way.

Hopefully Sunak and Javid will tell him to get stuffed.

A tsunami of cancellations: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59606753
Obviously we have been assured that this isn't even a big deal to business.
Thanks, Nic Sturg!
Had a look at Balbirnie House twitter earlier as it's does a good Festive Party night, makes for painful reading, cancellation after cancellation.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If we go back to restrictions then I do not anticipate vaccine uptake in 2022 to come close to 2021.

If we do go back to restrictions, I’ll be looking to see if there’s any organised protests happening outside Holyrood, and I’ll be joining it. I have never been on a protest march in my puff’, so that’ll be a first.

I’m double vaccinated and boostered. This was about protecting the NHS from collapsing under sheer weight of Covid numbers, because if it did collapse, folk in untold numbers who normally wouldn’t die from something like Covid, would die. Never mind it decimating the vulnerable and elderly.

That’s what it was about. Wasn’t it? It wasn’t about this shitshow from shitebag politicians. I see myself as a reasonably normal Scottish Joe, with loose ‘Labour / SNP’ leanings and an in-built distrust of posh chinless Tories. Never protested about anything in my life, not even painted ‘Stubbs Out’ on a bedsheet or anything. I’ve just about had enough of them though. In Holyrood I mean.

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
I think we’re quite close to the point where people will say ‘To hell with all this, let’s start living a normal life again’
If the NHS can’t cope then we’ll just need to pack folk in to the corridors and administer drugs as best as possible. 
It’s not going to be pretty but the fittest will survive and life will carry on. Maybe it’s time for the population to be thinned out.
Just a few thoughts from an old timer!

You do realise this is real life nit the Hunger Games. The grim reality for folk with thus view is the public opinion is nowhere near that stance. You just need to see how many are willing to take action based on a mere "advisory" this week to see we are a million miles from your vision.

I agree my vision is not universally popular at the moment but I can see that changing in the not too distant future.

I put out a view not too dissimilar about 18 months ago and faced bucketfuls of abuse but I don’t think it’ll receive quite the same response this time.

We need to urgently build up emergency holding centres in hospitals for purely Covid patients.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

….and, if my reading of the overall mood on P&B, my family, most of my friends, neighbours, and random folk I happen to talk to in places like supermarket check outs etc is anything to go by…. We are now ‘advising’ the politicians to go fcuk themselves, and to take their rules and shove them sideways up their arse. 

I paraphrase, but genuinely, that’s the sentiment I have expressed to me from so many people now. People who obeyed the rules, but now, in December 2021, are double and triple jabbed, fed-up, and completely distrusting of those in Holyrood and Westminster who do not know how to do anything but impose, or threaten to impose, more restrictions on us.

How long does it take you to go anywhere or get things done. I wfh, but go out to shop etc and barely speak to anyone.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your posts were better when they were just championing jobber goalkeepers as being better than Buffon.

Actually no scratch that, they were fucking shite as well.

Are you another that just spends your time in this thread m8? 

Also, what the f**k are you slavering about? :lol:

Edited by Ludo*1

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How long does it take you to go anywhere or get things done. I wfh, but go out to shop etc and barely speak to anyone.

Get to a checkout, maybe say ‘how’s things going in here just now, getting busy?’ Check out person maybe says ‘ach, OK, yourself?’ I say ‘not bad, fed up with the politicians now though, when does it end?’ They maybe say ‘I know, what about that party at Downing Street’… takes as long as it takes to bag the shopping and say ‘have a good one when it comes’. 👍