Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If I was a youngster again, I'd definitely be renting an Air BnB in England or something like that and taking a New Years road trip with a handful of mates.

Wouldn't even think twice about it.

You're right. Of course young people are going to be doing stuff like that.

And I'm sure they'll be made to feel very welcome in all areas of England.

Scotland's world famous Hogmanay, live from... England!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

She just needs to say that the data is showing that they can now relax the rules a little, subject to change if things deteriorate.

That would be perfectly acceptable.

What she needs to do is start the process of finding someone to take over the leadership because she's been exposed as being every inch as incompetent as Boris.

She needs to do this before she kills the SNP and the Independence movement with it.

Her time is up and I suspect she probably already knows it.

7 months is such a long time in politics.

There's nobody to replace Sturgeon.

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

No PCR tests available in the Edinburgh area (I looked earlier out of curiosity), and people having to travel from Newcastle to Hawick for testing.  Fucking hell.

Guy who won’t take a test complaining about the lack of test availability.  :lol:

Is the tide turning?

Feels like the media questions, events and decisions made over the next 2 weeks both in WM and Holyrood are going to have massive implications for 2022 as a whole.

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Guy who won’t take a test complaining about the lack of test availability.  :lol:

Hardly complaining mate. My cousin tested positive today,  he doesn't know when he'll get a pcr test now. 

Oh, and I took a test this morning,  was being a bit selfish. Wife works cleaning In the schools,  didn't want to put her at risk.

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Hardly complaining mate. My cousin tested positive today,  he doesn't know when he'll get a pcr test now. 

Oh, and I took a test this morning,  was being a bit selfish. Wife works cleaning In the schools,  didn't want to put her at risk.

Won’t get many greenies for that.  :(

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is the tide turning?

Feels like the media questions, events and decisions made over the next 2 weeks both in WM and Holyrood are going to have massive implications for 2022 as a whole.

I think so. The comments in the guardian have been consistently pro lockdown all the way through. I read one today though and people were arguing that this mild variant means we should be a bit less worried. 

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Watching the darts and the players are all wearing masks as they walk to the stage.  In an arena filled with thousands,

Are there any depths this lunacy won’t plumb?

To be fair to them, there have been 3 players withdrawing due to positive tests (including 2 high profile names).

With a £500,000 prize to the winner (and the associated impact on OoM / World Rankings) then you can't blame them for taking steps to try to look after themselves during the walk on, where you are in close proximity to the crowd.

They weren't wearing them at the start of the tournament so i'd imagine a few of them are a touch spooked at the prospect of being forced to withdraw.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Really? Since Christmas Eve there has been a grand total of 1 death in the covid bracket.

You appear to have a similar grasp of the data as Humza.

Where are you getting one death from? 

To be fair to them, there have been 3 players withdrawing due to positive tests (including 2 high profile names).
With a £500,000 prize to the winner (and the associated impact on OoM / World Rankings) then you can't blame them for taking steps to try to look after themselves during the walk on, where you are in close proximity to the crowd.
They weren't wearing them at the start of the tournament so i'd imagine a few of them are a touch spooked at the prospect of being forced to withdraw.

Aye, given what is on the line for those left, having seen the field that has been eliminated and had to isolate as a result of a positive result, you’d be mental not to take every precaution going to avoid catching it!

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Here. At the time of posting, the purple ones had not yet been added.

Screenshot_20211230-203958_Opera.jpg

I see now what you mean aye, guess the deaths right now aren't that interesting it'll be about a week from now where we will (hopefully) have the clear evidence all the mixing didn't make anything worse and we can get back to where we were a few weeks back. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And most importantly, several of them are still catching covid anyway. 😆

We were talking about the nonsense covid stuff last night, like when you could be sat next to the entrance door of a bar or restaurant with a one way system and to keep you safe from the virus you had to walk through the whole place past everyone to leave :lol:

When it's all gone it'll be v nice but they can keep doing the hand sanitizer stuff, I don't mind that at all. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I see now what you mean aye, guess the deaths right now aren't that interesting it'll be about a week from now where we will (hopefully) have the clear evidence all the mixing didn't make anything worse and we can get back to where we were a few weeks back. 

Im I'm work this week and there's f**k all to do so I was "entertaining" myself looking on Google and it was crazy how we were living free in September with things looking like they were going a bit wrong (cases about what they are now but much more death and quite a large jump from the month before) without even a hint of back to this, which given where we are looking backwards feels surprising albeit the right hing to do.