Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A babyface turn by NS in the next few hours would be pleasing! Not sure I'd believe The Times though and what quantifies "within weeks". Get full crowds back from the 17th Jan

"Within weeks" sounds like the 17th is off the table.

Hospitality and indoor events getting needlessly shafted longer term it would seem. More money coming out the healthcare budget to (inadequately) support them?

9 hours ago, deegee said:

This is what I find most infuriating and exhausting tbh. It’s the constant threat of the naughty step, hint of more restrictions and the tweaking of words what have been said or use of data to suit her agenda/ narrative.

She 100% did say, as you state, this was for a period up to 3 weeks etc.

I think this whole saga has gotten to her as is effecting her decision making. I thought she was being political but I have my doubts now; I’m a “No” voter  from 2014 but could be convinced to change my mind if I seen a better future with a “Yes” vote, however, speaking only for myself, her government and her weak, compliant obsessive cult following and cabinet in Holyrood have only strengthened my “No” vote intentions, based on her leadership.

How has something unrelated to Scotland being independent strengthened your NO vote? :lol:

In the office today for the first time since the beginning of November and I'm not wearing a mask when I leave my desk, fuck them.  My mask wearing is getting phased out very quickly.

1 hour ago, ddfg said:

The point re 200 in the arena and no restrictions on the shopping centre is a perfect example of the lunacy surrounding this latest round of protections. 

In theory everyone with a ticket could meet in the food court but only the chosen 200 would be able to go through to the arena, makes nonsense at all. 

She was quizzed on that last night in her interview and the crap reply was how you got to the venue. Buses and trains take people to the football where there is a higher risk of infection but people generally travel to shopping centres by car.

She forgot to mention that the football is in the fresh air whereas in shopping centres all indoor with air con and everyone together.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m still pretty fucking scunnered  at that NS interview last night tbh. 

I know I probably overreact to the wearing of masks, I fucking hate it but I appreciate its relatively small fry compared to lockdowns and the material impacts restrictions have on peoples lives. I get that. 

But at no point in almost 2 years now has NS ever, not once, indicated that there’s a plan for this to be finished. Like done with, no more covid measures. And even now, triple vaccinated, omicron proven to be a shambles, she’s just put out a feeler out for continuing with low level restrictions ad infinitum. What the f**k? 

She might well lift crowd restrictions today but she is now coming across like she thinks live events and pubs are her gift to the public for good behaviour. This is not what anyone voted for. 

The condescending tone of that interview is unbearable. “No one wants to end these ‘protections’ more than I do” yet she won’t provide any substantive data to justify it. How is that right, how is that acceptable? You can’t just call it protections and make it go away. It’s a fucking insult to do so.

Ive accepted all of this relatively calmly and been patient up until omicron came along. It’s been an eye opener and I’m absolutely finished with it. 

The language used was also infuriating. The only definition of "living with covid" she will listen to is her own.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The language used was also infuriating. The only definition of "living with covid" she will listen to is her own.

Yeah. “That’s not what I mean by living with covid” is the language of someone who fully believes it’s her vision and hers alone. 

21 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Got to say fair play to Mason for actually taking a fairly significant bit of time out to speak to you. I’ve tried twice with my local MSP and they haven’t even given me the respect of an email back to acknowledge it.

I've very seldom had to/wanted to contact any politician, but have found my local councillor very helpful. Of course, she needs my vote.

At the time of the Cummings Durham debacle I e-mailed both Colum Eastwood (SDLP leader) and Gregory Campbell (DUP MP in the next constituency over - my MP doesn't take his/her seat). 

I got a prompt and courteous response from Colum Eastwood (with whom I have been in touch again) but am still waiting on Bro Campbell to reply.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

She didn't remove the lega;l mandate when we were well under 30 cases per 100k in every areas of the country and had no deaths for weeks on end.

Therefore, it's hard to imagine a set of circumstances where she will remove that law at all.

I felt that would be the case when she didn't lift the law in September last year.

We're stuck with it permanently now as far as I can see.

We're just going to have to ditch them ourselves. The question is how many people will have the balls to do that and in what timescale. Everyone will need to answer that for themselves.

Completely agree.

For those who like to stay within the law it is easy to get a self certified exemption certificate.

They also make it plain that you don’t need to wear a lanyard which they recognise is discriminatory.

So, really no problems in ditching the masks.

Get to it, everyone.

13 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

She was quizzed on that last night in her interview and the crap reply was how you got to the venue. Buses and trains take people to the football where there is a higher risk of infection but people generally travel to shopping centres by car.

She forgot to mention that the football is in the fresh air whereas in shopping centres all indoor with air con and everyone together.

This is where they fall over themselves when trying to apply logic to their restrictions.

Its not ok to sit on a train for an hour to sit outdoors, but it is ok to cram into a shopping centre for a few hours so long as you go in your own car.

It's March 2020 logic which ignores the elephant in the room that it is airborne.

We also had JL's bizarre chat about football clubs needing to make their car parks safe. Chat which was never, as far as I am aware, directed towards the likes of Silverburn

Edited by Todd_is_God

For reference on allowing fans back into the football, the first Six Nations game at Murrayfield is on the 5th of February. It's against England. 

You can't see fans not being allowed to that, so I imagine it'll be lifted on that date. Whether football fans are allowed back before then, we'll see. 

Edited by Michael W