Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

And what’s truly disturbing is that people are lapping up this incessant personal behaviour message as being responsible for anything above 0.1% of the running shitshow to date.

The two aren't mutually exclusive though - you can still acknowledge that the Government have made a rip-roaring c**t of the situation whilst being pissed off at folk flaunting the social distancing rules.

3 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

You’re aware the health and social care is entirely devolved, aye? If the Scottish Government have failed to plan properly and procure the PPE needed that’s on them. And I say that as an independence supporter.

Further to your reply. It's a decent article by Bella too. If ScotGov are to be blamed for anything then it's for joining the 'four nations' approach led by the blond charlatan in London. I can understand why Sturgeon initially went along with it. To diverge from London-based policy would be seen by our rabid media as being 'too political'.

To rub salt into the wound, Neil Findlay, Labour MSP is now criticising NS for not acting independently. FFS...

Edited by Crùbag

I’m perplexed why we were always being shown morgues or makeshift morgues with loads of coffins whilst the peak was happening in Italy, yet we’ve been shown nothing of the sort here. The makeshift hospital at the SEC isn’t expected to be used. I find it staggering that we’ve had so many deaths in the UK yet more people were shocked and worried when we were shown the images from Italy 

32 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I fancy a drink. That's a long wait.

Someone's bound to get hold of some excess full PPE kit for bar staff and set up a big beer garden with tables ten metres apart.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Further to your reply. It's a decent article by Bella too. If ScotGov are to be blamed for anything then it's for joining the 'four nations' approach led by the blond charlatan in London. I can understand why Sturgeon initially went along with it. To diverge from London-based policy would be seen by our rabid media as being 'too political'.

To rub salt into the wound, Neil Findlay, Labour MSP is now criticising NS for not acting independently. FFS...

Let me get this straight. You agree with Sturgeon’s decision to go along with the UK Gov’s approach, but now want her to change that approach because the UK Gov approach is the wrong one, but are also criticising Neil Findlay for having the same view point as you? 

It’s rabid folk like you - who see grievance in every nook and cranny but can find no fault with the Scottish Government - who will prevent independence from happening, just FYI. Not everything in the world is about Scottish independence FFS. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m perplexed why we were always being shown morgues or makeshift morgues with loads of coffins whilst the peak was happening in Italy, yet we’ve been shown nothing of the sort here. The makeshift hospital at the SEC isn’t expected to be used. I find it staggering that we’ve had so many deaths in the UK yet more people were shocked and worried when we were shown the images from Italy 

Maybe the politicians/scientists/health professionals telling people to stay at home if they have Corona and not visiting them to properly assess their conditions is leading to loads of folk dying at home so no need for the makeshift hospital. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Why did it take them so long to figure out what was causing AIDS? Surely it can’t have been that difficult.

They had very clear indications that it was a  virus transmitted by sexual contact and blood mixing but I think it took at least two or three years to prove that scientifically and to isolate HIV.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

@ICTChris showed a chart showing it is much more dispersed here than in Italy, I think that's why we aren't seeing that here vs Lombardy, New York

Yeah, I think the closest to that in the UK is London.

The guy from the FT who does their Covid graphs publishes a daily 'metropolitan area' graph for specific areas of countries harest hit.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Excellent, first you have us all getting HIV and now nuclear pollution.

What next, a fucking invasion by aliens?

Two years until cannibalism then it's fucking Event Horizon 🤷‍♂️

FB_IMG_1586807966748.jpg.94c15816aad23a335dcb2db4feb3b73a.jpg

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

They had very clear indications that it was a  virus transmitted by sexual contact and blood mixing but I think it took at least two or three years to prove that scientifically and to isolate HIV.

Not to mention they weren't really interested in saving the lives of gay people back then.

35 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Let me get this straight. You agree with Sturgeon’s decision to go along with the UK Gov’s approach, but now want her to change that approach because the UK Gob approach is the wrong one, but are also criticising Neil Findlay for having the same view point as you? 

It’s rabid folk like you - who see grievance in every nook and cranny but can find no fault with the Scottish Government - who will prevent independence from happening, just FYI. Not everything in the world is about Scottish independence FFS. 

Freudian slip?

21 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

How does one die from Alzheimer's?

Misformed proteins build up in the brain and gradually shut down more and more bodily functions. People associate it mostly with the memory loss, but eventually it'll leave you unable to do things like swallowing independently.