Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, we can't, because it isn't sustainable.

That wasn't my point.

It's not sustainable for any league to do so for any period of time. German supporters were donating ticket money and buying virtual food and drinks to help generate the income they were losing from not being able to play.

But people are adamant it would be physically impossible.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

That wasn't my point.

It's not sustainable for any league to do so for any period of time.

But people are adamant it would be physically impossible.

It's absolutely sustainable for any league that can be kept afloat by TV revenues, in fact it may even be desirable for any of the top European leagues with a TV deal renewal upcoming (as the TV networks will get extra subscribers due to the grounds being closed)

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

If we hadn't bothered with a lockdown we'd all have had it by now, completely herd immune. Then we can just forget that covid ever existed.

With the lockdown we've had nearly 30'000 deaths, God knows what it would have been if we'd carried on regardless. 

Some laugh to see your boy Donathon pushing a theory so widely mocked that even Donald Trump - that's Donald Trump - was rightly taking the piss out of how shite an idea it was.

Buzzing for him to start prescribing hydroxychloroquine and brain force plus in a couple of weeks.

Bullshit. The younger people wouldn't be dying. The virus is little more than a bad cold to healthy under 50's.

Of the folks I know under 50 who've had it, one had to be hospitalized, although he's a medic, so possibly had a higher viral load due to being exposed to more confirmed cases than most people would be, and one other still hasn't gotten her senses of smell or taste back 4 weeks later.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Would a club like Falkirk be sustainable without walk in supporters every week including would have been season ticket holders?

And since the majority of football clubs around the world are a lot smaller than Liverpool or Barcelona how would these clubs survive on tv revenue?

I'm on about the major European leagues

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

@Wee Willie are you not getting a food parcel? Is it only me and @welshbairn?

What is the criteria for food parcels?

I live alone in sheltered housing.

I'm 77 and had diabetes since 2008.

I take pills for high blood pressure and lowering cholesterol.

And I inject insulin twice a day.

I had a letter from the Tayside Diabetes Managed Clinical Network in April which gave a list of medicines which I have to stop in case they made me dehydrated via vomiting and/or diarrhoea. Unfortunately the three different types of pills I take are on the list so I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do.

But that is the only official information I've been given.

nhs03.jpg

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Would a club like Falkirk be sustainable without walk in supporters every week including would have been season ticket holders?

And since the majority of football clubs around the world are a lot smaller than Liverpool or Barcelona how would these clubs survive on tv revenue?

I think his point was that leagues like the Bundesliga would survive without fans, not the Scottish League 1.

But its a moot point. Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Leipzig would probably be fine in the short term. The likes of Augsburg, Mainz, Freiburg etc would not.

The same is true for all leagues.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Herd immunity folk need to get themselves organised and volunteer to be given the virus, do their bit for the community. 

There are very few “herd immunity folk” at this point. I’m not entirely sure our re-found forum friend is on the level.

17 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Some laugh to see your boy Donathon pushing a theory so widely mocked that even Donald Trump - that's Donald Trump - was rightly taking the piss out of how shite an idea it was.

Buzzing for him to start prescribing hydroxychloroquine and brain force plus in a couple of weeks.

He's probably taking these already, he'll be fine.

36840024_placebopackage.png.42bac3863db7510146c912a5b0f7ae2f.png

Just now, Wee Willie said:

What is the criteria for food parcels?

I live alone in sheltered housing.

I'm 77 and had diabetes since 2008.

I take pills for high blood pressure and lowering cholesterol.

And I inject insulin twice a day.

I had a letter from the Tayside Diabetes Managed Clinical Network in April which gave a list of medicines which I have to stop in case they made me dehydrated via vomiting and/or diarrhoea. Unfortunately the three different types of pills I take are on the list so I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do.

But that is the only official information I've been given.

nhs03.jpg

I don't know what it is in Scotland, but over here if you've a letter from your doctor identifying you as "high risk" - which we are - and advising you to self shield for 12 weeks (I think it was, tbh I'm not sure where the letter is now) you're entitled to a food parcel.

Our local Community Association sent round a flier to everyone in the village giving them a number to ring (if you were eligible). After being grilled 4 times we eventually got our parcel. Everybody else had been gettting theirs for this last 3 weeks. The council provide them and the Community Association distribute them.

Contact your local councillor and see what the criteria is for your area. (Although I would have thought it would be the same all over Scotland.) Going by what you have posted I'd think you're eligible, but maybe not.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Can you show me the evidence that shows herd immunity was a possibility please. 

Surely herd immunity is a possibility because herd immunity is possible to achieve for almost every infectious disease where immunity can be built up in individuals.

It's just that the death cost would have been too high.

8 minutes ago, greendot said:

Untitled-1.png.8ff1963c5360ed8c9e882ce245eef5f7.png

Got to love live reports.............shame the link to the acutal report has it down as four to three.

Which two lucky clubs are going to become "senior"?

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Surely herd immunity is a possibility because herd immunity is possible to achieve for almost every infectious disease where immunity can be built up in individuals.

It's just that the death cost would have been too high.

Immunity has not been confirmed as permanent. Might only be temporary immunity.

I might be wrong here but I am sure there is a suggestion asymptomatic carriers might not even be immune

2 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Immunity has not been confirmed as permanent. Might only be temporary immunity.

I might be wrong here but I am sure there is a suggestion asymptomatic carriers might not even be immune

Yep. That's why I was careful to use the word possibility, rather than certainty.

Given that we've also not confirmed anyone catching it twice, it seems that achieving herd immunity would be probable, not just possible. Just not certain.

Edited by Gordon EF