Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If we hadn't bothered with a lockdown we'd all have had it by now, completely herd immune. Then we can just forget that covid ever existed.

Can you show me the evidence that shows herd immunity was a possibility please. 

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think the lockdown strategy can be criticised too much at the start. There wasn't as much data available then as there is now and a blanket approach was needed.

The frustration comes from the apparant refusal to budge from the initial blanket approach despite what the volume of data we have now clearly shows about who is most at risk.

Which countries have done this? 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Scotland / The UK 🤔

The second part, where the lockdown was tailored based on age etc. Everyone blanket locked down afaik with no differences no matter what age you were etc. Only really vulnerable people told to stay in at all costs. 

It's pretty likely ours will be more tailored eventually, once we've got a grip enough to come out of lockdown. So I'm not really sure what your beef is? 

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Got another food parcel, only the one this time, thank goodness, between the three that we've had, we've enough tinned stuff to survive a minor siege. We're only getting the one from now on, afaik, which is plenty. Don't get me wrong, we're very appreciative of this.

Same as last week, only we got long life milk this time, too. Means I'll be able to have milk in my tea/coffee again, although I've got used drinking it black.

I hope you have a tin opener

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The second part, where the lockdown was tailored based on age etc. Everyone blanket locked down afaik with no differences no matter what age you were etc. Only really vulnerable people told to stay in at all costs. 

It's pretty likely ours will be more tailored eventually, once we've got a grip enough to come out of lockdown. So I'm not really sure what your beef is? 

The beef is that the data is and has been clear for some time that those under 45 are at miniscule risk.

The blanket lockdown will be extended again through the week and the government will still pay these salaries out of the public purse when it is completely unnecessary.

Screenshot_20200505-151624_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20200505-152206_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

42 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Most countries did pretty much exactly what the UK did. 

lol wut

You truly are the dictionary definition of 'gormless' if you think that the UK's response was even close to the pack among developed countries.

Our main supplier is aiming for a 18 May reopening, on a reduced scale and putting appropriate social distancing measures in place.  Other suppliers opening on the 11th.

Not sure how this will fit in with the SG advice but it looks like some non-essential industries have decided that they have been closed long enough.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Donathan seems to be about 2 months behind the majority of the thickos in this country in their lists of why this is all unfair.

bell.png.eabb76224fda4510c90e9c53170a0717.png

Seeing as we've gone all fancy with graphs again.

Back in March it seemed mental that the schools didn't close on March 12, instead staying open another week, with the government asking us to somehow believe that closing schools had little effect on transmission of the virus Now they (SG) say we can't open them in the near future because it will risk overwhelming the NHS, which is what most people were thinking back in March. 

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
That's quite simply not true

So where have your government, the SFA, the SPFL or the SPFA said this? Or are you saying that some nutter off Twitter suggested it? Notice you didn't bother countering the first two points anyway, which is par for the course.

Without wading through 1400 pages, I'm pretty sure people on here were saying there wouldn't be football in August.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
That's quite simply not true

So where have your government, the SFA, the SPFL or the SPFA said this? Or are you saying that some nutter off Twitter suggested it? Notice you didn't bother countering the first two points anyway, which is par for the course.

I was referring to people on here.

Countering the first 2 points? Why would I counter them, I don't disagree with you on them and in the grand scheme of things they were irrelevant to the point I was making.

German football is just as dependent on ticket revenue as anywhere else.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Bundesliga set to return on May 15th

But we absolutely, definitely, cannot play behind closed doors in over three months time.

No, we can't, because it isn't sustainable.

Clubs here couldn't afford to pay their squad and all associated playing staff, as well and paying to host and travel to games, without crowds.

Some clubs (but not all) could possibly show their games live and charge for it but that would be nowhere enough to make up the shortfall in income.