Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

It means I took the test & received written notification of the results. Unfortunately, the testing company were Australian and the letter was upside down so I couldn't read it.

That makes sense to me

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The test was to determine whether he had already had the virus or not. He hadn't.

Merci

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not falling for that...

...neither am I

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As a selfish, cunty, Pringle-clad fanny golfer, clearly, the only thing that matters to me is being able to play golf, so fcuk the elderly and those with underlying health issues... but on a more serious note, and in my book, this applies to the media, Tories, SNP, the boy scouts, the Tufty Club, anyone.... I wish to fcuk there was a law against anyone using the phrase ‘new normal’. Please, in the name of anything, make them insert the word ‘temporary’ in front of it.

What a weird thing to get worked up about.

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Apologies if I'm mis-reading things (every possibility) but,

Re construction work re-starting. That's I believe in Phase 1 I think. (Outdoor work)

I think that factories is in phase 2. (Non office work)

However most of construction work involves assembling things that were made in factories.

Doesn't quite go hand in hand with one another. Am I right here? (I appreciate she couldn't go gung ho and have everything open up next week, but construction will be difficult with nothing to construct)

Manufacturing factories were never forced to close though, they were told if they couldn't create safe working spaces then they would need to furlough staff, but as I said earlier most factories will have been operating in some shape or form if they've been able to.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Apologies if I'm mis-reading things (every possibility) but,

Re construction work re-starting. That's I believe in Phase 1 I think. (Outdoor work)

I think that factories is in phase 2. (Non office work)

However most of construction work involves assembling things that were made in factories.

Doesn't quite go hand in hand with one another. Am I right here? (I appreciate she couldn't go gung ho and have everything open up next week, but construction will be difficult with nothing to construct)

Following your logic there must be  things that were made in factories pre lockdown that are now awaiting construction

Edited by Gallant Pioneer

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Manufacturing factories were never forced to close though, they were told if they couldn't create safe working spaces then they would need to furlough staff, but as I said earlier most factories will have been operating in some shape or form if they've been able to.

Nah, that's not right. NS explicitly said that unless you were involved in the fight against Covid-19 then you should close. Hence why factories are included in the lockdown exit document.

5 minutes ago, Gallant Pioneer said:

Following your logic there must be  things that were made in factories pre lockdown that are now awaiting construction

There definitely will be. You're right with that.

But building sites are required to be kept clean and tidy and have little manufactured products lying around on site that could present a hazard. There will be some gear on the sites ready to go up, but there won't be 3 weeks worth (at least there shouldn't be!)

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Nah, that's not right. NS explicitly said that unless you were involved in the fight against Covid-19 then you should close. Hence why factories are included in the lockdown exit document.

Was that not advisory rather than a legal instruction? Lots of businesses have kept going without being directly involved, working at home if possible etc.

Edited by welshbairn

My neighbour’s father in law visiting every night walking into house and staying for an hour

Police officer too.

Want to report him but will be a shitstorm and I’m paranoid it will be me he suspects and make things awkward

Fucking raging though as it’s brazen as f**k

Am I being a c**t and Lee Wallace esque if I shop him

Get AC12 on the case. I hate bent coppers.

Just now, Steven W said:

My company makes electrical equipment and we closed down for 1 week before opening again with social distancing measures in place. We aren't supplying any equipment in the fight against COVID. I don't know of any factory in this industrial estate which has closed down for the duration of lockdown either. As long as you can prove you were providing a safe place to work you could stay open.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

You do realise things can be manufactured outside Scotland?

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was that not advisory rather than a legal instruction? Lots of businesses have kept going without being directly involved, working at home if possible etc.

You're probably right.

But isn't it the case as being merely the First Minister of Scotland, quite often she can only *advise* on a lot of things? (2014 to thank for to that ☹️)

Any decent minded employers in construction and manufacturing have been shut.

Edited by Steven W

Just now, Steven W said:

To supply construction sites? 

Walls, roofs, kitchens, steel-work ????

A new hotel at Inverness Airport was pretty well all manufactured in Poland, so yes.

I hope you aren't suggesting that Granny Danger is in any way decent minded.

Most decent minded employers have done what is necessary to keep their staff with an income. For some that meant closing down/furlough, for others it meant putting measures in place so they can work safely. I really don't think we'll have much problem ramping work up at factories and construction sites again.