Coronavirus (COVID-19)

RIP The White Horse Inn. Gone but not forgotten 

Playing for the Violet back in the day this was the after game soiree.

Suddenly being best mates with the local beechy gentlemen was the best perk.

What a "smart" time that was .

30 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I've got a new house.  Just need to sign the lease when the housing association office opens.  I have to hire a removal firm and I think that's what's going to stop me moving until at least August.  Was supposed to move the first week of lockdown, so a wait of 4 months.  Hate where I am!

There were removal vans in my street a few days ago. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The majority of over 65s in this country don’t have a phone with internet access.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Source?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

^^^ Over-65-type post, imho

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The first guy, as I reafd it, wandered into a road while wearing earphones as a car was approaching - a clearer and more immediate danger to his health than some old duffer wandering along moaning about there being no golf.

The woman in the second instance is a simple over-reaction - maybe the woman could have spoken in a measured, calm way?  It might not have helped to point out to the daft bint that shouting increases your aerosol generation considerably - meaning that a more than safe distance was now actually more risky for said old duffer.  Unless, of course, she was shouting into her mask which doesn't make for clear communication.

In summary, I would say that, on the original statement, Pozbaird is correct in his categorisation of these two.

Still, as he said, earphone boy was probably ignorant of his surorundings pre-lockdown, and shoutybint is more than likely a Karen of long-standing cuntiness.

Both instances probably lasted no longer than 5-10 seconds and neither of them inconvenienced him in any way whatsoever. It's knicker wetting.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

No, that’s not what I meant. I am taking sensible precautions, I believe we all should be sensible. The shitebags I am talking about are guys like the one I mentioned in another post. The one who, while walking towards me on an otherwise deserted pavement, stopped dead in his tracks ten feet away from me, because I had stopped to get a stone out my shoe. He did a military type left turn, and marched straight into the middle of the road. Stopped on the white lines, did another deliberate sharp turn, and proceeded to march straight down the centre of a busy road, wearing in-ear buds, with a Mercedes A Class heading towards him from behind at 30mph.

The woman in the outdoor area of B&Q, wearing a mask and gloves, who angrily shouted at me that there were arrows on the floor, even though we were the only people in a huge outdoor area and I was about 5m away anyway. My first visit since they opened, I simply never noticed the arrows.

Cnuts like these, that’s who I’m talking about. Seem to be far too many of them around. Hopefully they decide to continue observing lockdown by locking themselves in their living rooms for a couple of years.

I feel like I’m in a lose-lose situation now with this sort of thing. Adhering to the 2m distance apparently makes you a c**t to some people (as above), whilst not adhering to it and walking past someone at less than 2m makes you a c**t to others. You can’t win.

Had a bizarre incident a few weeks back. Was walking up the pavement towards my flat and there was an older woman walking with crutches ahead. I stepped out onto the road in between two parked cars to allow her the full pavement to go past. I thought I was doing the right thing, particularly as she looked like she’d meet the criteria to be in the vulnerable group, but under her breath she said something like “don’t think the fucking pavement will give you corona” in quite an angry tone. If it had been someone else and I’d just charged on brushing past them they might have had an equally angry reaction.

51 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Apart from anything else - in the current situation, do those not just look to you like massive hard surfaces which have been pawed at by, well, yer average Micky D's

punters dozens of times since the last time some junior employee took a swipe at them with a damp cloth?

The last time I was in the ordering machines were getting enthusiastically and regularly cleaned.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Nah f**k that.

Why put something like that in place after the worst is gone? What we have now is fine and should be relaxed as time goes on.

Also wouldn't work for those that get taxis for their weekly shop either.

Stop trying to be too clever.

This, we've eventually got to start getting back to normal plus Asda will probably fcuk it up.

32 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm only going by people I've spoken to in Tesco and people at my work, however most seem to think that we're getting on top of things now and don't see the requirement for changing / turning their lives upside down indefinitely although they do seem to feel that what we did initially was indeed required.

You're correct though, the media are still sensationalising every death and making it seem that every person you meet is a "carrier" or likely to infect you, when of course both scenarios are in fact extremely unlikely.

We need a sense of perspective and getting the virus rates down as low as we can but then trying to get back to more or less normality should be the aim, as opposed to the stupid irresponsible headlines such as "life may never return to normal", "social distancing here to stay", "no more foreign holidays", etc, etc.

The bottom line is that if any of the above were true then we could forget about haircuts ever again, no more live spectator sports such as Football, no more concerts or theatres / cinemas etc, no more group holidays or even nights out with friends or workmates. Is this sort of "new normal" acceptable for anyone ???

Personally I'm following the Catalan news for updates, future plans and timelines and the whole situation appears much more rational and under control than when paying any attention to Government and media in this country, although perhaps I'm being unfair to the Scottish government here as they are doing their best with one hand tied behind their backs.

The media are sensationalising every death?  What absolute shite.

Also, trying to determine what the nation thinks based on you talking to a few people in Tesco is laughable.

54 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Is it looking like people won't be able to move house until the 3rd phase which isn't until August?  

I thought phase 3 was likely to be around 16th July 🤔

31 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'd far rather use them than physically order, tbh.

Really? My ex would always use them even if there was nobody at the till. By the time she faffed around at the machine, I’d placed my order and was already waiting for it before she’d even paid for hers 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Really? My ex would always use them even if there was nobody at the till. By the time she faffed around at the machine, I’d placed my order and was already waiting for it before she’d even paid for hers 

I'm not a woman.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My ex would always use them even if there was nobody at the till. By the time she faffed around at the machine, I’d placed my order and was already waiting for it before she’d even paid for hers 

Use the app 🙂

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

People need to remember that openly body swerving people by walking on the other side of the road was considering pretty rude until a couple of months ago.

Maybe something has happened to change that.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The media are sensationalising every death?  What absolute shite.

Also, trying to determine what the nation thinks based on you talking to a few people in Tesco is laughable.

They are though, there's a "story" every evening, you don't get that with cancer deaths etc.

I find my own real life findings much more realistic than some pish that I read in the media about,

"research shows that Britain thinks............" etc, etc.

does it ? is that right ?