Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Without photos, and if there are no other revelations to follow, they're dampening their own story.

The article mentions that the eyewitness Googled Cummings' car registration number, and that Google search still shows in his internet history.

Although not a photograph, if the registration can be matched to Cummings' car, it'd be hard to find any other reason for him to have done it.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I still can't see it. Pretty much every single minister has leapt to his defense - if they punt him now, it'll look bad on them. The only way I can see out of it is if Cummings resigns but still doesn't admit defeat and states that he's resigning to allow the govt to focus on the real issues instead of being harassed with nonsense or some such patter that will be a ridiculous attempt to save face. Even then, I can't see Cummings doing that - He seems the type that'd rather bring them all down with him.

Therefore, deny, deny, deny seems to be the logical (And embarrassing) option.

Like Boris was from his first ministerial job, he'll get sacked for lying. All the toady ministers can say they're disappointed, they took him at his word.

The article mentions that the eyewitness Googled Cummings' car registration number, and that Google search still shows in his internet history.
Although not a photograph, if the registration can be matched to Cummings' car, it'd be hard to find any other reason for him to have done it.
A photo of the car parked elsewhere than at the parents' house would be helpful, just to seal the deal.

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I think the public are so pitchfork giddy atm that any "b-b-but"s from the tories will still be drowned out in the fury. Photos or not 

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is this fuss really about Cummings traveling during the lockdown or is it really about using it as an excuse to rid of him cause he looks like an SS henchman?

I think it's mainly driving Typhoid Mary up the M1 to infect County Durham and services on route. And him slagging everyone off in Government for being useless.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, welshbairn said:

The test of his survivability is who turns up on the Sunday morning shows apart from poor wee Shappsy. If it's only him, he's fucked.

There is no way in a million years that Johnson, Gove, Raab or Patel will turn up to look like fools. The Numero Uno Cummings rule for the Tories is to avoid any kind of questioning when they can possibly avoid it. 

I doubt if we'll see Johnson on TV for at least a fortnight.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The test of his survivability is who turns up on the Sunday morning shows apart from poor wee Shappsy. If it's only him, he's fucked.

Boris won't know it's even happening till he switches his phone on on Tuesday.