Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Mask life is a strange thing. On the one hand they are hot and you are really self conscious. I find myself raising my voice to speak to people a bit like a British tourist and a foreign waiter.

I do however like the fact nobody can see your expressions behind them. I have the problem that whatever I'm thinking is written across my face which isn't always helpful.

This question might have already been answered on here but.. has Nicola/Scottish Gov advised what the situation needs to be like before this mandatory rule on face masks is dropped? Will it be a few weeks/months/years? Or just normal for every day life for the foreseeable? 

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

This question might have already been answered on here but.. has Nicola/Scottish Gov advised what the situation needs to be like before this mandatory rule on face masks is dropped? Will it be a few weeks/months/years? Or just normal for every day life for the foreseeable? 

It was in one of the newspapers on Saturday,  NS said that they’ll be here for the “foreseeable feature”. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It was in one of the newspapers on Saturday,  NS said that they’ll be here for the “foreseeable feature”. 

With it being in law rather than advised it will now remain so until repealed.

So f**k knows when it will be removed.

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m sure if I was talking to someone up close it would be fine. Trying to talk to someone in a busy takeaway with traffic noise and Perspex wasn’t a fun experience. I felt embarrassed at having to repeat myself 3 times but hey ho

At least she couldn't see you getting redder and redder. But I agree a wall of plastic is going to make it hard to place an order. Phone from you car next time?

I should be exempt due to my asthma but I’ve been okay with one, granted my asthma is very mild and only causes me an issue in winter time.

I wouldn’t dream of challenging anyone, but I do know of one friend who’s claiming he’s asthmatic so he doesn’t need to wear one much to my annoyance.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I thought there already was a badge for folk refusing to wear a mask.....

hummel-rangers-home-mens-short-sleeve-jersey-2019-2020-p21889-144796_image.thumb.jpg.02333c61032ac8124db76b91f087ebd1.jpg

I've no doubt there many genuine cases, however it does seem to be the domain of Gammons. Playing devils advocate, if you have a severe resperitory condition, should you be wandering round Tesco - unless you have no other option obviously? 

3 minutes ago, PWL said:

I thought there already was a badge for folk refusing to wear a mask.....

hummel-rangers-home-mens-short-sleeve-jersey-2019-2020-p21889-144796_image.thumb.jpg.02333c61032ac8124db76b91f087ebd1.jpg

I've no doubt there many genuine cases, however it does seem to be the domain of Gammons. Playing devils advocate, if you have a severe resperitory condition, should you be wandering round Tesco - unless you have no other option obviously? 

No they obviously shouldn't but if they want to wipe themselves out then they should feel free.

It's people with Autism I feel for must be incredibly tough.

I should be exempt due to my asthma but I’ve been okay with one, granted my asthma is very mild and only causes me an issue in winter time.

I wouldn’t dream of challenging anyone, but I do know of one friend who’s claiming he’s asthmatic so he doesn’t need to wear one much to my annoyance.

Not wearing a facemask is mostly (with a few exceptions) either being a twat or being a drama queen.

I have asthma and currently waiting to go into hospital for an operation on my nose as one channel is 100% blocked and the other around 50% blocked causing major discomfort in breathing. A condition, ironically brought on by having Covid-19 back in February.

Wearing a mask makes little difference and trying to sleep at night is a considerably bigger issue and here wearing a mask is compulsory when you are outside your home, not just on public transport and in shops. So a day at work could mean a mask for most of the day.

There will, as said, be some exceptions, but it just seems people just don’t want to wear a mask either for their own or other peoples benefit.

Cultural thing?

Too kool for Skool?

On 10/07/2020 at 22:00, The Skelpit Lug said:

They'd only ask you to spell it and correct you again.

NY-Bakery-Bagels.thumb.jpg.8bebc95f4684a36e21650feca79255db.jpg

(Other bagels are available)

I don't understand how bagels became so popular in this country.

Cultural thing?

Too kool for Skool?

Heard an interview with a woman who spends 6 months of the year in England and 6 months in Japan. On the subject of face masks, she mentioned that in Japan, having gone through SARS, people straightaway put masks on once COVID started appearing in China. Also, she said that during flu season(November onwards) everyone wears masks anyway.
Apparently circa 126 million population and “only” 1000 deaths from Covid. (I’m sure there will be other factors but masks must surely be playing a part in those figures)

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't understand how bagels became so popular in this country.

The 24 hour bagel shops in London do the best end of a late night food imo, not as messy as kebabs. That's how I got hooked.

Same here - my asthma does not come in to it when wearing a mask.

I'd put the non-mask wearers into 4 categories:

1) Those not in an at risk group who are just selfish b*****ds

2) Those who are not wearing one because they are "Krankie says we need to wear one, she doesn't speak for me" Britnats

3) Those who have a genuine medical reason who genuinely struggle to cope with wearing a mask.

4) Drama Queens with a mild medical condition who exaggerate the effects that wearing a mask has on them.

On 09/07/2020 at 13:11, Thereisalight.. said:

We’re being told to wear them in shops. Right from the start supermarkets/certain retailers were open and were busy. Think they should have been worn from the start rather than 3 months down the line but what do I know 

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My first day out wearing a mask. Suprised there was still quite a few people not wearing them, especially in a takeaway I went to. I felt like a bit of a fud there as th lassie was behind Perspex and I was trying to give my order with my mask on. 3 times I had to repeat myself before I eventually took it off to give the rest of the order. I think masks are ok when in supermarkets using self scans, but when you need to interact with people whilst wearing them it can be a bit of a clusterfck 

Interesting. You seem very quick to criticise the approach being taken at any given opportunity and were adamant that face coverings should have been used from the beginning. 

Why has it taken until now, with someone holding your hand and telling you to do so, for you to start using one?