Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He didn't say that, though.

He said people may wish to take a job in Tesco to top up their earnings, and that should they do that then they would have first refusal on their old job when Wetherspoons opened again.

You've quite clearly not watched the video, else you wouldn't still be talking pish.

Top up what earnings?

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Nonsense.

If you go on safari in a closed Landrover you're not at much risk. Doesn't make the lions (leopards, hippos and other homicidal animals are available) any less deadly. You're safe becuse you've put control measures in place.

What Governments north and south of the border are doing is removing those control measures, without having adequate (or even logical) replacement measures to continue the mitigation of risk.

If you are a healthy person you are not at much risk from Covid either btw.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Top up what earnings?

The 80% they'd be getting whilst furloughed at Wetherspoons versus the 100% they could get by working elsewhere.

Are you ok? You're having a nightmare today.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

The 80% they'd be getting at Wetherspoons versus the 100% they could get elsewhere.

Are you ok? You're having a nightmare today.

You mean the 80% the Martin stated - in that video you appear to be relying on - they wouldn't be getting until the Government had coughed up? How long do you think the average Wetherspoons employee could last without income?

I really don't understand why you're white-knighting this absolute cúnt.

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You mean the 80% the Martin stated - in that video you appear to be relying on - they wouldn't be getting until the Government had coughed up? How long do you think the average Wetherspoons employee could last without income?

I really don't understand why you're white-knighting this absolute cúnt.

I don't know what Wetherspoons cash flow is like, and neither do you. Paying 40,000 employees for around 6 weeks would be a challenge with no income. They got their wages as soon as the government provided funding. I'm almost certain they won't be unique in this example.

The point, which you are conveniently ignoring, is that, contrary to your spectacular rant, he neither sacked his employees nor told them to go work in Tesco.

You made an arse of it. Own it and move on.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know what Wetherspoons cash flow is like, and neither do you. Paying 40,000 employees for around 6 weeks would be a challenge with no income. They got their wages as soon as the government provided funding. I'm almost certain they won't be unique in this example.

The point, which you are conveniently ignoring, is that, contrary to your spectacular rant, he neither sacked his employees nor told them to go work in Tesco.

You made an arse of it. Own it and move on.

Of course Martin has such a shaky business that he couldn't have arranged finance for the period up until the Government cxash came through.

I am also sure that Wetherspoons' employees employees were not unique in this situation. It was not inevitable, though, was it? It was a choice taken by the company. As have been massive redundancies elsewhere, as has BA's lovely plan to tell their staff they can have a job if they accept lower pay and reduced conditions.

This pandemic has been absolutely catastrophic for many, many people. For many businesses, it has been an opportunity to return their workforces to serfdom.

Oh, and btw, I never stated he sacked his employees. He did, however, suggest that his employees "top up" their furlough money (which, remember, they weren't getting until HE got paid) by taking other employment, and DID suggest Tesco as an opportunity.

You stop misquoting me to suit your own weird agenda, and I'll move on. Otherwise, expect to be called out on your bullshít.

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He did, however, suggest that his employees "top up" their furlough money (which, remember, they weren't getting until HE got paid) by taking other employment, and DID suggest Tesco as an opportunity.

So? What's wrong with that? They got paid what they were due.

Here's the video btw for you to watch for the first time. What he says ultimately seems perfectly reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Lassie at my work went and got her hair done yesterday, said the hairdresser had barely any measures in place beyond a screen between each person. No masks, happily dishing out tea or coffee to those in for a cut, no procedure for arriving to keep contact to a minimum. We have to hope that places like that are in the minority but it could still cause problems.

That's awful. My wife went and got hers done (thank f**k, the front of her head was looking like Dorothy Burke) and its a wee old lady friend of the family's business. She's got all kinds of PPE, one in one out, screens, visors, sticking mercilessly to the guidelines and stuff - wife said the woman was a nervous wreck from trying to implement all the procedures - pretty shit if some other c***s can just get them to f**k and have none of the hassle. 😔 

Edited by madwullie

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

That's awful. My wife went and got hers done (thank f**k, the don't of her head was looking like Dorothy Burke) and its a wee old lady friend of the family's business. She's got all kinds of PPE, one in one out, screens, visors, sticking mercilessly to the guidelines and stuff - wife said the woman was a nervous wreck from trying to implement all the procedures - pretty shit if some other c***s can just get them to f**k and have none of the hassle. 😔 

The lassie in my work asked when she arrived if masks were mandatory as she saw none of them wearing one and the reply was "if you want to you can wear one".  It's only going to take 1 person complaining to shut them down though, silly b*****ds don't realise that. 

First haircut yesterday - Barber had visor on. Disposable gown and hand sanitiser when you got in chair. She sprayed the whole chair etc with Dettol between clients. 

First pint today.  Ark in Glasgow. Had to give name and email on entry. Half the tables removed and ordered via App. Tape on floor for route to toilets and sanitizer stations at bar. Surprised how quiet it was but I guess tmw and Sat will be the acid test. 

Both situations weird but hardly a chore if it continues to see us back to some sort of normality.