Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

This is simply not true. 

There's a litany of long-lasting effects, ranging from unpleasant symptoms to life changing damage.

He didn't say you weren't at risk (from Covid-19 if you're healthy).

He said you're not much at risk.

People on here seem to have the same reaction to the written word as my wife has to the spoken word - rearranges them to suit her purpose.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

The lassie in my work asked when she arrived if masks were mandatory as she saw none of them wearing one and the reply was "if you want to you can wear one".  It's only going to take 1 person complaining to shut them down though, silly b*****ds don't realise that. 

Hopefully the one complaint happens then. If their behaviour is as described then it’s unacceptable.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The lassie in my work asked when she arrived if masks were mandatory as she saw none of them wearing one and the reply was "if you want to you can wear one".  It's only going to take 1 person complaining to shut them down though, silly b*****ds don't realise that. 

People won’t go back. My son was at barber yesterday. Aprons changed between each person and he had wear apron too. I sat out in car. My girls are booked for Saturday, hairdresser in ppe, cut blow dry only. I usually take them in with wet hair. 

People won’t go back. My son was at barber yesterday. Aprons changed between each person and he had wear apron too. I sat out in car. My girls are booked for Saturday, hairdresser in ppe, cut blow dry only. I usually take them in with wet hair. 
I think plenty of folk will go back.

There are a lot of people who are looking at the tiny numbers and think we need to get back to normal ASAP.

I reckon the main factor in barbers being busy will be how big the queue is.

Although a load of guys and parents will now just do their own hair (and their kids). so there could be a long term decline in that sense. )

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm lucky as my boy is only 5, so I've been able to trim his with minimal fuss.

I reckon I'll still go back but I've definitely improved my technique over the last few months.

You'll know whether you have or not if he comes home from school crying because his class mates were laughing at his haircut.

There are a lot of people who are looking at the tiny numbers and think we need to get back to normal ASAP.

Tbh i find myself thinking like this a lot. A full month after the crowded protest and partial reopening of the country there has still been no spike in cases in fact they are still declining.

It makes me think in my totally uninformed opinion that there is little to no community transmission, those small numbers must be related to care of those who are sick. Am I wrong ? Are they getting it from tesco or down the park?

My only real concern is the virus working its way back from down south although tbf it’s also declining there despite the clusterfuck just much slower

37 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Tbh i find myself thinking like this a lot. A full month after the crowded protest and partial reopening of the country there has still been no spike in cases in fact they are still declining.

It makes me think in my totally uninformed opinion that there is little to no community transmission, those small numbers must be related to care of those who are sick. Am I wrong ? Are they getting it from tesco or down the park?

My only real concern is the virus working its way back from down south although tbf it’s also declining there despite the clusterfuck just much slower

"Getting back close to normality quicker" was what we were told our 'reward' would be for remaining in lockdown longer.

To me that would include the things i mentioned earlier, and things like going to the dentist etc. And, If it is to be quicker as promised, that means before being able to do so in England. Otherwise it is a mere soundbite as there is no reward for the vast, vast majority.

We're absolutely nowhere near any of that at the moment so it will be interesting to see how the SNP deliver it.

The only major thing I can see us being first on is schools being back full time, and that is mainly because our schools go back first. That alone won't cut it for me, however much the SG parade it about like a trophy come August.

I fully suspect we will not return to anything like normality quicker than anywhere else in the UK tbh, and that line will be forgotten.

Edited by Todd_is_God

38 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

30% of cases imported from Spain so definitely community spread. 
People coming back from holiday and spreading it around, same as the spread from hospitals to care homes. Both things that could have been stopped sooner.

CE364E63-CC82-4814-8C31-1B1ECD179295.png

"Getting back close to normality quicker" was what we were told our 'reward' would be for remaining in lockdown longer.
We're absolutely nowhere near that at the moment so it will be interesting to see how the SNP deliver on that.
I suspect we will not return to anything like normality quicker than anywhere else in the UK tbh.
They're putting all their eggs in the schools reopening as normal, and that will be ahead of England.

It's a big reward, as it helps the kids who are desperately needing routine, and it helps the job market, as parents can get back to work relatively normally.
30% of cases imported from Spain so definitely community spread. 
People coming back from holiday and spreading it around, same as the spread from hospitals to care homes. Both things that could have been stopped sooner.
CE364E63-CC82-4814-8C31-1B1ECD179295.thumb.png.8ca84274c9d6a0094a77733abc55f588.png
He's talking about the last few weeks, with tiny numbers, not the beginning of the outbreak.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

They're putting all their eggs in the schools reopening as normal, and that will be ahead of England.

It's a big reward, as it helps the kids who are desperately needing routine, and it helps the job market, as parents can get back to work relatively normally. He's talking about the last few weeks, with tiny numbers, not the beginning of the outbreak.

I've edited my post since you quoted this, but that's not enough for me. They were using the getting back to normality quicker line as early as the end of May.

The SG have the fortune that our schools go back first. WM were talking about schools going back full time in September whilst Swinney was spouting nonsense about blended learning being in place for up to a year.

It wasn't even on their radar until they saw the backlash to JS's comments, and suddenly it became their number one priority and an example of how good their extended lockdown was.

He's talking about the last few weeks, with tiny numbers, not the beginning of the outbreak.
Ah, yes I agree. Must be just a few isolated spots like hospitals.
We need more testing, I really can't see a vaccine happening for months if not years.
Stamp it out quickly and we can get back to living without fear.

I see the **** are taking it well tonight, as the players decided to take a knee prior to kick off. Some of the comments really are something else.

ETA... wrong thread, got one virus mixed up with another. 

Edited by MONKMAN

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I believe, unlike in England, you are only included in the death stats in Scotland if you die within 28 days of a positive test.

I'm not sure, however, if that would mean you would be included or not if, 28 days following a positive test, you were hit by a bus or died of any other cause.