Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
38 minutes ago, SEETHING said:
There are few more loathesome subsets in our society than gym-goers, so I for one am delighted that the preening arseholes are denied the opportunity to get back to #fitspo and #gymselfies for the time being. 

The subset that posts on Jambos Kickback?

100% agree with you. 

Spoiler

I don't post there m8.

Music studios have been closed throughout this too, quite rightly because most of them are small, sweaty and don't have good ventilation (especially the one we frequent). I've played drums since I was 12 and I haven't played them in 7 months now. It's a huge part of my mental health and to say I'm missing it would be an understatement. All I've been able to do is rudiments on a wee pad I've got at home. I've got some computer software that essentially lets me play "air drums" but it's not the same as playing a real kit and involves being blinded by a light at the same time.

To be honest, I don't look at pubs and think "it's fucking shite they can get pished and I can't play my drums", I fully understand that if they opened up pubs, gyms, nightclubs and music studios at once then we'd likely see some problems. I'm quite willing to accept that getting people back in pubs is better for the economy than opening music studios or gyms. It's pish for those of us who use these things and I get the frustration, but I think a bit of understanding and patience is required. The end is in sight now.

Sturgeon clearly wants a country of waddling couch potatoes.
She is terrified of the Swoletariat. 
If anyone let's themselves become a "waddling couch potato" just because gyms are closed they have no one to blame but themselves. The fitness or otherwise of a nation does not depend on gym equipment !

46 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

To do a safe barbell squat, yes.  If I'd known it was going to be six months I'd have joined the rush to build a home gym, although now we are selling our house we dont' have room in the garage.

Ah right, I was thinking you don't need equipment to just do squats. 

There you go, buy a house with a big gym garage and have 8 people from 3 households round paying you to use the equipment. 

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

There are few more loathesome subsets in our society than gym-goers, so I for one am delighted that the preening arseholes are denied the opportunity to get back to #fitspo and #gymselfies for the time being. 

I'd say 1 in 10 go to pose and perv. The rest go for the physical and mental health benefits. But lets get the country healthier to fight covid, open the pubs and keep the gyms closed. Makes no sense whatsoever. And we wonder why we have the levels of obesity and alcoholism that we do.

1 minute ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

I'd say 1 in 10 go to pose and perv. The rest go for the physical and mental health benefits. But lets get the country healthier to fight covid, open the pubs and keep the gyms closed. Makes no sense whatsoever. And we wonder why we have the levels of obesity and alcoholism that we do.

Aye I can imagine all the fat, red-faced jakeys choosing to hit the gym if the pubs were shut. 

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Music studios have been closed throughout this too, quite rightly because most of them are small, sweaty and don't have good ventilation (especially the one we frequent). I've played drums since I was 12 and I haven't played them in 7 months now. It's a huge part of my mental health and to say I'm missing it would be an understatement. All I've been able to do is rudiments on a wee pad I've got at home. I've got some computer software that essentially lets me play "air drums" but it's not the same as playing a real kit and involves being blinded by a light at the same time.

To be honest, I don't look at pubs and think "it's fucking shite they can get pished and I can't play my drums", I fully understand that if they opened up pubs, gyms, nightclubs and music studios at once then we'd likely see some problems. I'm quite willing to accept that getting people back in pubs is better for the economy than opening music studios or gyms. It's pish for those of us who use these things and I get the frustration, but I think a bit of understanding and patience is required. The end is in sight now.

Big team found.

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
Sturgeon clearly wants a country of waddling couch potatoes.
She is terrified of the Swoletariat. 

If anyone let's themselves become a "waddling couch potato" just because gyms are closed they have no one to blame but themselves. The fitness or otherwise of a nation does not depend on gym equipment !

I completely agree.  It's summer time get ootside.

There are probably more people in better shape now that pre-covid.  Bike sales are through the roof and there are few bikes to be had in shops or online.  Hunners have been out walking and enjoyed the experience.

Don't get me wrong I used to go to the gym a huge amount (6 or 7 times a week) but that probably dropped to 2 times per month during June, July and August.

If the weight lifters did less grunting then maybe gyms would open sooner

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Leitch miles off yet again re crowds at football. We don't even seem to get the "stopped clock is right twice a day" with this hapless bozo.

You'd think the concept of socially distant crowds would make sense to a guy that supports Airdrie United. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

You'd think the concept of socially distant crowds would make sense to a guy that supports Airdrie United. 

Should probably book a table in a boozer for that one just now if Nostradamus is saying they'll be fans there.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Should probably book a table in a boozer for that one just now if Nostradamus is saying they'll be fans there.

He's almost certainly wrong straight away, because UEFA are almost certainly going to be banning fans from all September games - that's why Czech Republic v Scotland four days later is already announced as BCD even though the Czechs have fans at domestic games.

I get the whole 'gyms are good for mental health' line. Exercise is clearly good for your mental health as well as your physical wellbeing. I can see the benefits in both for myself after some lifestyle changes in the last couple of years. 

But that arse Duncan Bannatyne is really getting on my man boobs (getting larger due to lack of exercise) at the moment with his bleating about not being able to open his gyms. He's not interested in people's mental health. He just wants his gyms open so he can line his already deep pockets. At least be honest and upfront about that you moron! 

Phew, feel better now. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's almost certainly wrong straight away, because UEFA are almost certainly going to be banning fans from all September games - that's why Czech Republic v Scotland four days later is already announced as BCD even though the Czechs have fans at domestic games.

Not like him eh

At least it keeps his name in the news as he pushes to become a celeb

49 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

You can go for physical and mental health benefits with a bit of perving as well surely?