Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

And where in this does it state that elimination = a wee bit of community transmission, so long as it's in the right environments?

Remember that you claimed stopping all community transmission wasn't necessary to achieve this.

When did I say that? I only just found out what it means. Seems to me we're getting close to eliminating disease in the Highlands if not infections quite yet.

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

n a nutshell, if mistakes are being made then every nation across the globe and all their scientific and medical advisers are making the same mistakes but again I'd be more inclined to trust their insight as opposed to some internet no marks with a political agenda.

20200910_222538.jpg

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When did I say that? I only just found out what it means. Seems to me we're getting close to eliminating disease in the Highlands if not infections quite yet.

Sorry I realised it wasn't you, and deleted it 🙂

There are roughly 3 million adults between 16 and 70 in Scotland I think that's probably the target demographic of the app so I think we have about 16% of them signed up to the app. That's pretty good going

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just so we're all talking the same language.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su48a7.htm

Not entirely true in the case of COVID.

In the absence of a WHO goal for COVID-19 elimination, individual countries should instead develop their own criteria for control.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30633-2/fulltext

Measels has been “eliminated” but is still prevalent in this country.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not entirely true in the case of COVID.

In the absence of a WHO goal for COVID-19 elimination, individual countries should instead develop their own criteria for control.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30633-2/fulltext

Measels has been “eliminated” but is still prevalent in this country.

Control:

The reduction of disease incidence, prevalence, morbidity or mortality to a locally acceptable level as a result of deliberate efforts; continued intervention measures are required to maintain the reduction. Example: diarrhoeal diseases.

That isn't the same as elimination. The SG's aim is not to accept any level of the bits in bold. NS said as much again today.

They want to reduce community transmission to zero. It's not about whether or not that is a good idea, it's whether it's achieveable, and justifies what it would take to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Control:

The reduction of disease incidence, prevalence, morbidity or mortality to a locally acceptable level as a result of deliberate efforts; continued intervention measures are required to maintain the reduction. Example: diarrhoeal diseases.

That isn't the same as elimination. The SG's aim is not to accept any level of the bits in bold. NS said as much again today.

They want to reduce community transmission to zero. It's not about whether or not that is a good idea, it's whether it's achieveable, and justifies what it would take to achieve.

So the strategy is elimination then. Great stuff.
Think I said that about a month ago.

I don’t think Frau Sturgeon has  has stated a goal of zero transmission anywhere (I may be wrong). 

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So the strategy is elimination then. Great stuff.
Think I said that about a month ago.

I don’t think Frau Sturgeon has  has stated a goal of zero transmission anywhere (I may be wrong). 

You are definitely at it

Something like measles is achievable, it will take a vaccine though.

• Elimination of infections: Reduction to zero of the incidence of infection caused by a specific agent in a defined geographical area as a result of deliberate efforts; continued measures to prevent re-establishment of transmission are required. Example: measles, poliomyelitis.

The WHO criteria for elimination of measles are: evidence of low incidence, high quality surveillance with rapid outbreak response, and high population immunity. Without a vaccine, the criteria of low incidence and high population immunity are mutually exclusive propositions.

In the meantime the strategy of containment by reducing the viral load through behavioural and social measures seems to be getting there, in terms of actual disease requiring hospitalisation.

Elimination of disease: Reduction to zero of the incidence of a specified disease in a defined geographical area as a result of deliberate efforts; continued intervention measures are required. 

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"Ms Shemirani was suspended from practising for 18 months by the Nursing and Midwifery Council in July after spreading conspiracy theories about the virus, vaccines and the 5G telephone network."

How could she be suspended for virus conspiracy theories 18 months ago?

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Ms Shemirani was suspended from practising for 18 months by the Nursing and Midwifery Council in July after spreading conspiracy theories about the virus, vaccines and the 5G telephone network."

Incontrovertible proof that it's a hoax IMO. Impossible the writer made a mistake. The virus wasn't here 18 months ago WAKE UP SHEEPLE 🐑 

Edit: actually does it not mean that her punishment was 18 months suspension and she got it in July. 

Even so, wake up 🐑 

Edited by madwullie

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Obviously used her 5G time travel machine.

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Incontrovertible proof that it's a hoax IMO. Impossible the writer made a mistake. The virus wasn't here 18 months ago WAKE UP SHEEPLE 🐑 

Edit: actually does it not mean that her punishment was 18 months suspension and she got it in July. 

Even so, wake up 🐑 

Aye, got it now, a bit early.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://i.imgur.com/aiEJH.gif

She seems like a terrifying combination of Matt Le Tissier and the wives of Kenny Miller and Ryan Jack