Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

If all of the things that you claim were correct then he shouldn't have spouted his mouth off about 'asking the guys' to fix it then. But that would require Clownshoes Leitch to avoid seizing a spotlight and trying to ingratiate himself to the guid fitba men (see also his toe-curling run on Off the Ball).

He's an utter gobshite.

I've thankful avoided the run of Off the Ball, I'm not sure Tam understands how cutlery works so trying to explain a global pandemic to him and presumably take questions off him requires a level of patience (and stupidity) that I don't have.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I meant "allowed to walk down the street without being questioned" but can see how my post could be misconstrued, so I'll edit it.

I'm sure he would welcome that but all I can presume is elected officials have said no. Using the word "guys" did make it sound friendly and a done deal.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54465356

Seems im not alone.
"Breaking the law"
Interesting

Cant have phones in my work anyway so the app is irrelevant, but ever since test and protect became a thing, my work have made veiled comments about naming co workers as contacts. I imagine this sort of behaviour is absolutely widespread, just as arsehole employers will be a huge part of why people refuse to isolate or dont do so for the full 14 days.

This is mental behaviour, can you imagine the financial and reputational hit a company would take if it came out that they had an outbreak because they told folk not to identify colleagues. The fines for doing so should be enormous unless National Security is involved then of course it's justified.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Its not just people dying thousands have been ruined by the disease and are in their 20s and 30s.

Not this utter bullshit again.

In reality the overwhelming majority of people in their 20s and 30s don't even know that they've got/had the virus: such is the complete non-event that it is to their health. That's one of the reasons why it is difficult to contain: if healthy people were getting floored with full Ebola symptoms then you'd know all about having the Covid.

Cant have phones in my work anyway so the app is irrelevant, but ever since test and protect became a thing, my work have made veiled comments about naming co workers as contacts. I imagine this sort of behaviour is absolutely widespread, just as arsehole employers will be a huge part of why people refuse to isolate or dont do so for the full 14 days.
So if you got a warning at two minutes past your starting time then you could be potentially walking around infecting people all day until you switch it back on at finishing time.
Phones should be allowed.

In reality the overwhelming majority of people in their 20s and 30s don't even know that they've got/had the virus: such is the complete non-event that it is to their health. That's one of the reasons why it is difficult to contain: if healthy people were getting floored with full Ebola symptoms then you'd know all about having the Covid.
Its not bullshit, long covid is a thing and healthy people are dying or being effected badly.

8 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Below is a chart showing covid hospital admissions in Bradford. It’s typical of all hospitals in the U.K. so I’ll just put this one up.

It highlights the vast majority of hospital admissions with covid are not actually admitted because of covid. They are admitted with something else and acquire covid once they are in hospital.

The vast majority of people who died *with* covid acquired it in hospital or care homes. They didn’t acquire it in the community..... or in a pub.

Its a nosocomial epidemic 

1C754151-7258-4924-ABBA-D3C750C3662E.png

That's not what it shows. It shows that they had a positive test after being in hospital for x days. That's all. Not that they acquired it in hospital, but that their first positive test was recorded after being admitted. 

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

None of which counters his point that thousands of young people have (what could be) long term damage from their infection 

Just now, MixuFruit said:

How much pay should they be on?

I don't think it's the pay that irks him. Its their location. They should be demanding to go to work. And those low paid workers that *have* to go to work more than anything want more potential carriers around them to increase their risk of catching the disease. 

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

So if you got a warning at two minutes past your starting time then you could be potentially walking around infecting people all day until you switch it back on at finishing time.
Phones should be allowed.

They present a safety hazard and have never/will never be allowed. 

It is an odd statistic but the average age of a covid related death in Scotland is higher than the average life expectancy.

It’s almost like some of us have been saying since the start that covid doesn’t really kill ordinary functioning members of society and only takes people who are basically on their death bed anyway and pushes them over the edge. That’s why it’s such a disgrace that society has been mothballed for such a relatively minor virus.

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Tested every day from admission.

It shows exactly what I said 

And? I'm sure you were trumpeting about false positives and negatives? I'm sure you grasp the concept of incubation. 

My M-i-L was admitted with suspected covid. Her positive test didn't come back till day 3 🤷‍♂️ is your graph when the test came back positive or when the patient was swabbed? 

Edited by madwullie

And killing and destroying the health and livelihoods of millions of people around the world does nothing to help them. 

Living with long term problems caused by *any* respiratory disease is a thing. But destroying the world does not solve it. 
Millions of people destroy their health with fast food, drink and drugs every weekend.

Has it been decided if Covid is a 'seasonal infection'?

The weather in Scotland was mild at the end of August and in September when cases began and continued to surge.

Didn't Hippocrates say something about medicine and the seasons?

There's also people who have had their lives turned upsides down by the loss of a loved one, this never or rarely appears to be taken into consideration.

Bereavement happens to all of us, and it’s horrible. I lost my grandad because of the lockdown (Not covid, but he had Alzheimer’s and was in a home and faded quickly due to the isolation).

It happens to all of us though. If you don’t lose a grandparent to covid, cancer gets them next year or heart failure the year after. It should not be used as a basis for policy decisions.