Coronavirus (COVID-19)

She could've had a complete prohibition for 2 weeks and it probably would've been a lot more effective.

Total ban on alcohol sales, strictly enforced by the police.

Prohibition generally doesn't work but it would take time for folk to get round it so a short sharp blast probably would've held.

Remember back in January when we thought this was all a big laugh and that there was no risk at all to us !! 

It's actually quite amusing (in a sick sort of way) to go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of the comments.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

She could've had a complete prohibition for 2 weeks and it probably would've been a lot more effective.

Total ban on alcohol sales, strictly enforced by the police.

Prohibition generally doesn't work but it would take time for folk to get round it so a short sharp blast probably would've held.

I don't think they specifically claiming that it's alcohol itself that's causing the spread but people congregating, mixing while consuming alcohol.  If I get a couple of cans to drink in my own house I'm not endangering people.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The SNP aren’t a one off. There wouldn’t be so many safe seats in England if Tory voters, or rather supporters, weren’t similarly blinkered. Even when things go pear-shaped it’s just flip-flops between the Tories and Labour. That tends to suggest The majority of people get stuck in their ways when it comes to politics.

Stuck in their ways? Or there just isn't another way?

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

So I can't go to my grans house but I can meet her in the pub ? But we can't have a pint ? Unless we go to Dundee ? But we can't share a car ? But we could go on the train ? Can I serve my gran a pint in my garden after she's been here on the bus, or can she only have food ?

Treat your gran to a boozy weekend in Hamburg. Problem solved.

Think these measures are fair enough barring the continual feigning of ignorance to schools having any impact.

My view of this is that we should do as much as we can to limit interruption to kids and their normal life. If this means we have to limit our options for getting a drink then so be it.

So I can't go to my grans house but I can meet her in the pub ? But we can't have a pint ? Unless we go to Dundee ? But we can't share a car ? But we could go on the train ? Can I serve my gran a pint in my garden after she's been here on the bus, or can she only have food ?
I am one seriously confused covidiot. Thanks a lot Wee Nippy.
When do we start the clapping again  ?

If your grans already in the pub i believe you can go to her house.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Definitely feels like she's lost the dressing room here. Just from family/friends/colleagues and folk i follow on social media, it seems the general opinion of her and the SG have taken a nosedive the last few days and massively today.

Was always going to happen. 

Regardless of the situation, regardless of how many deaths or whatever, people are simply not going to accept never-ending restrictions on daily life with no exit strategy or end point in sight. At some point, you lose the support of the public and this point is here or here abouts. 

It's not unique to Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP, it'll be happening the world over. Incumbent leaders and governments will take the hit for the public's frustration.

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Definitely feels like she's lost the dressing room here. Just from family/friends/colleagues and folk i follow on social media, it seems the general opinion of her and the SG have taken a nosedive the last few days and massively today.

It'll be interesting to see if this is reflected in polling.  I get the feeling that a fairly solid majority will support what's being done.

I do think that a lot of people thought that having a more cautious approach than the rest of the UK over the summer would have some benefit buit it doesn't seem to have protected against a further wave.  The FM did say that reducing COvid to such low levels gave us a better base to work from, which could be true I suppose.