Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Think the final sentence in the article sums it all up:

Mr Reed added that the Foreign Office were 'disinterested' when he told them about his infection

I'm disinterested in his infection, other than it was the wrong outcome.

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

As daft as it sounds, this is actually the right thing for him to do by Chinese law.

Local officials can go to prison for declaring an emergency. Everything has to be controlled by the centre.

So, the Chinese are going to put some people in jail over this, but the only reason these people did anything wrong to start with is because doing the right thing carried the risk of going to prison anyway. What can you do?

This is why the local officials did essentially f**k all at the start of the outbreak.

Balls.

If some NHS p***k here shouted 'National Emergency' every time Raigmore was 'iffy', you wouldn't get any downtime.

China playing this correct imo.

China ‘playing this correct’ as noted above.... with a huge spike and dramatic increase in both infections and deaths while everyone else standstill. As a contest, there is none. China are so far ahead of everyone else it has about lost meaning and as a competition.

No change in the other medal positions. Japan holding on to their slender lead.

Vietnam quietly going about their business and pushing up in mid table. Remains to be seen if it is too little too late.

After a quick surge from the European teams last week, there inexperience in this competition is glaring.

Next target for China will be 25k and despite such a low kill rate, bookies are shortening the odds of China beating the death goal tally of the Total SARs competition of 2003 in record time.

IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2108.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/topics/wuhan-virus

Some activity today. Second death outside mainland China in Hong Kong. Malaysia get a couple more points on the board and Thailand start to export the virus when a South Korean tourist returns with the virus along with her other tourist tat.

China still show there supremacy with two more cities in Zhejiang going into lockdown.

Coronavirus Is Bad but US Flu's New Numbers Still Far Worse

After falling slightly around the winter holidays, influenza activity has now risen for 2 consecutive weeks, according to a January 31 report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

At a time when many are rightly concerned about the novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) — of which there are 11 confirmed cases in the United States as of Monday — the CDC is also warning citizens not to drop their guard about influenza, which has caused at least 19 million illnesses, 180,000 hospitalizations, and 10,000 deaths so far this season.

Thailand and Singapore go for it in a high scoring day for the also rans! Both Thailand and Singapore hit 6 each to reclaim second and third spot in quite an exciting tournament day. USA also land a few points, but as above they are more interested in their own domestic (world) competitions than competing in globally recognised competitions.

What a time to be alive, (soon to be dead, or probably a bad doze of the sniffles).

Like listening in awe at the stories of people who seen the greats in their prime: Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Pettigrew we will regale the stories of the magnificent China team of 2020!

Just missed out on 25k and 500 yesterday, but they will achieve that today.

The rest, no significant movement since yesterday.

Singapore have started discharging some of the sick and noted some have been given anti HIV medicine (cue the Bio-warfare nonsense and panic)!

Let see how the teams perform today.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

3700 people are under quarantine on a Japanese cruise ship for 2 weeks after 10 people tested positive for being overdramatic cry babies.

Koreans thread for this pish.

Our Japanese friends will simply tidy up and carry on. Cases in my work of Korean customers refusing to be served by Chinese Malaysian staff who have never been to China.

Edited by JTS98

China ‘playing this correct’ as noted above.... with a huge spike and dramatic increase in both infections and deaths while everyone else standstill. As a contest, there is none. China are so far ahead of everyone else it has about lost meaning and as a competition.

No change in the other medal positions. Japan holding on to their slender lead.

Vietnam quietly going about their business and pushing up in mid table. Remains to be seen if it is too little too late.

After a quick surge from the European teams last week, there inexperience in this competition is glaring.

Next target for China will be 25k and despite such a low kill rate, bookies are shortening the odds of China beating the death goal tally of the Total SARs competition of 2003 in record time.

IMG_2107.thumb.jpg.cb5c308a044e562963420183681e299c.jpg
IMG_2108.thumb.jpg.baf2a8868d480bc1ec16d21e58bf4f5a.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/topics/wuhan-virus

Should the Philippines not be higher up the table as they have a death. A bit like if a country get a gold in the Olympics.

Should the Philippines not be higher up the table as they have a death. A bit like if a country get a gold in the Olympics.

Kind of thinking that myself, could be worth 3 or 5 possibly. Kind of feel if I contact the newspaper and point this out they might, kind of, think I am being insensitive or inconsiderate or something. Not sure why.

Things are kind of a little closer to home now. I an in Thailand at present and my HR contacted me earlier to check on my family. Allegedly 4 more cases in Singapore that would put us into second place, however one of the cases is within my local community, so a little concerning.

My bravado may be punctured tomorrow!

80 million Chinese told to stay at homes with one member of the household allowed to go out once every 2 days for essentials. Like snakes and that. 

On the plus side, at least the bats will be happy they'll be off the menu for a while. 

Mon the bats. 

14 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Kind of thinking that myself, could be worth 3 or 5 possibly. Kind of feel if I contact the newspaper and point this out they might, kind of, think I am being insensitive or inconsiderate or something. Not sure why.

Things are kind of a little closer to home now. I an in Thailand at present and my HR contacted me earlier to check on my family. Allegedly 4 more cases in Singapore that would put us into second place, however one of the cases is within my local community, so a little concerning.

My bravado may be punctured tomorrow!

Good luck in your efforts to become P&B's first confirmed case. 

A big day yesterday for Singapore who finally pushed themselves ahead of The Land of Chuckles with an impressive 4 tally, bringing it to 10 in two days. Most linked to a Chinese tag team on a shopping and coughing spree through Singapore.

It will be interesting to see what Thailands reaction will be too be knocked of off second spot.

Belgium join the competition with a solitary point.

So far no update from the world champions but surely they have broken the two milestones 25k and 500. We will know later.

Mrs John McVeigh is a tit looking for a call up to the Singaporean squad with the latest outbreak within yards of her location yesterday and turns out the outbreak of Tuesday is within sneezing distance of my work. Fortunately I am on a scouting mission in the Land of Chuckles so no sniffles for me yet!

If you don’t here from me for a.....(cough).....