Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Hong Kong death....

Yip he had the virus, but he also had a heart condition.

He died of a heart attack.

Can we really claim this one?

Most of the deaths are due to other complications, mostly pneumonia but also heart and other conditions. Still most over the overseas ones are still actually mainland Chinese.

It is a big debate, just like naturalisation and the ‘granny’ rules. Should you represent a country that you have never been to just because your granny got fucked by a waiter from there whilst on holiday?

6 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Should you represent a country that you have never been to just because your granny got fucked by a waiter from there whilst on holiday?

Did she leave a tip? Tricky one.

15 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Kind of thinking that myself, could be worth 3 or 5 possibly. Kind of feel if I contact the newspaper and point this out they might, kind of, think I am being insensitive or inconsiderate or something. Not sure why.

Things are kind of a little closer to home now. I an in Thailand at present and my HR contacted me earlier to check on my family. Allegedly 4 more cases in Singapore that would put us into second place, however one of the cases is within my local community, so a little concerning.

My bravado may be punctured tomorrow!

Found out today that I have two quarantined colleagues. Very exciting news.

Lazy b*****ds are at home doing f**k all while I steam in at graft.

If someone punted me into a room on a ship for a fortnight the Corona virus would definitely not be the biggest killer on the boat. I'd be round the bend and into serial killer mode within hours. f**k boats.

47 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Doctor who first tried to alert everyone about the virus (and was basically told to shut up about it) has died of the virus. 

Where's my foil hat? 

Doctor who always comes back mate, they just look different. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Meanwhile @ICTJohnboy and @WATTOO get pelters for not knowing that referring to Chinese takeaways as "Chinkies" is frowned upon. 

I've got on quite friendly terms with mine host at my local Chinese takeaway. I did ask him a while back if he found the term "Chinky" offensive, when used to describe a meal. He just laughed at the suggestion then told me that in his circles Hong Kong Chinese are generally referred to as "Honkys" He also said anyone can call him and his family anything they like - as long as they keep coming in and buying the stuff!

I've got on quite friendly terms with mine host at my local Chinese takeaway. I did ask him a while back if he found the term "Chinky" offensive, when used to describe a meal. He just laughed at the suggestion then told me that in his circles Hong Kong Chinese are generally referred to as "Honkys" He also said anyone can call him and his family anything they like - as long as they keep coming in and buying the stuff!

In my experience Mainland Chinese are generally oblivious to racism. Get into a conversation with a group of them and start talking about races and its like a 1970’s sitcom.

16 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't push it, move on and please don't try and justify it with some "call me what you want if you keep buying" shite.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

SHn6B6fR3p3s.gif

Australia now officially up to 15 according to latest Department of Health burb. Although they say 5 have recovered so guess we forget about them as it will f**k up the standings.

Number of cases

As of this morning, 7 February 2020, 15 cases of 2019-nCoV have been confirmed in Australia: 5 in Queensland, 4 in New South Wales, 4 in Victoria, and 2 in South Australia.

All of the cases in Australia have come from Wuhan except one in NSW who had contact in China with a confirmed case in Wuhan.

Of the previously reported cases, 5 have recovered. The others are in a stable condition.

Australian health authorities are testing another 165 people who show symptoms of the virus.

Questions about testing, and about the welfare of people with the virus, should be directed to state and territory health authorities.

Internationally, approximately 28,285 confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV, and 565 deaths have been reported – a 2.0% fatality rate. 

Don't push it, move on and please don't try and justify it with some "call me what you want if you keep buying" shite.

Wow. You've got some neck. A poster recounts a bit of chat he's had with a Chinese guy and you're in like Flynn with your "Mr. PC Bully Look-At-Me-Everybody" shite.

Away and have a lie doon........

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

6 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Internationally, approximately 28,285 confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV, and 565 deaths have been reported – a 2.0% fatality rate. 

I'd imagine that there have been far more undiagnosed cases in China and worldwide where people have just recovered with minimum medical intervention, whereas as the death toll is fairly accurate. So the fatality rate could be a lot lower. Or it might start mutating and there will be no one around next Christmas. Who knows?!? 

19 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Wow. You've got some neck. A poster recounts a bit of chat he's had with a Chinese guy and you're in like Flynn with your "Mr. PC Bully Look-At-Me-Everybody" shite.

Away and have a f*ckin' lie doon........

Just trying to make clear that when I've defended people using racist language out of ignorance, I'm not agreeing that it's fine to keep using it, or trying to justify it.

Edited by welshbairn