Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Those crazy mutton molesters.  Build a wall round Wales and don't let them out ever.

Once described as a nation of song, a nation of insipid wet wipes more like.

Yet Herefordshire went in to tier 1, which is really just Wales to all intents and purposes. 

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There can't be that many people in Wales, how the f**k are they this useless? Is the entire country a school?

They all live in cess pits at the very top or bottom with no population to speak of in the middle. (Might explain why Herefordshire got a result today.) I was in Newport last year and it makes Raqqa look like Knightsbridge.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Wales must have had all the experts, political and medical, the UK Labour Party could get hold of to show that Labour could do things better than Boris, and they still made a total arse of it.

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:
Apparently the number of reported positive tests in Wales  for last week is only half of what it should be.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55105307

What a c**t Wales are making of this. They almost make Boris and Co. seem competent.

I bet if sheep could catch COVID-19 they'd have it sussed.

Just now, superbigal said:

I understand in Edinburgh and Fife the cooncil had basically sent letters to all parents inviting them not to send their kids to school next Monday and Tuesday.
Very underhanded way of trying to extend the holidays unofficially.

I know Fife council and I also know there is no chance everyone will have got the letters. Also I hope they are keeping the school canteen open for those who should be getting fed on Monday and Tuesday.

Crazy idea but wouldnt it be a cracking way to cut transmission in schools by getting as many of the kids tested as possible? 

You can almost tell a parent would be in the paper claiming their child’s positive test was a political move to close schools.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

You can almost tell a parent would be in the paper claiming their child’s positive test was a political move to close schools.

Yeh probably, but if we’re saying lets test all the social care staff and people in hospitals etc then lets test the other major driver of the virus. If some parents are annoyed by it then im sure they’ll somehow get over it. Id be happy for my little guy’s nursery to do routine testing because I really don’t want to either cause him to get unwell or conversely have him spread it either. Ive been saying for months that we need to undertake a massive testing program, the track and trace etc has been a huge failure, they are overwhelmed. 

Good article about the new age, hippy bullshit - Neo Nazi - Covid conspiracy crossover

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dpywq/the-new-agers-and-wellness-influencers-lost-to-far-right-covid-conspiracies?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I do think that a load of new age hippy bullshiters being 'surprising' bedfellows with the far right is wrong.  It's not surprising at all.

I understand in Edinburgh and Fife the cooncil had basically sent letters to all parents inviting them not to send their kids to school next Monday and Tuesday.
Very underhanded way of trying to extend the holidays unofficially.
Not in Edinburgh, they are adamant schools will be open as normal. I can see an incredibly high level of absence next week though.