Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Anyone remember the announcement of operation moon shot back in September? Has that now been binned?

Is that what they mean when they talk about lateral flow testing, much faster but also much less accurate? If so I think it's happening.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Is that what they mean when they talk about lateral flow testing, much faster but also much less accurate? If so I think it's happening.

Misses 50% of positive cases so it can't be used for having a normal life.

I wouldn't be surprised if a big Chinese fleet starts lurking off the edge of our EEZ like they do in Galapagos waiting for the navy to get distracted before jooking in for a cheeky trawl.
The shark fin fishery is a long-line method, miles of baited suspended hooks. There are not enough of the right type of sharks in UK waters to attract these boats a complete non story.

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

And the exam results

And adding a tier 4

And proxy voting

And free school meals

And the NHS app

And Huawei participation in 5G system

And face masks in schools

And furlough extension

And Englands second lockdown

And free school meals (again)

week writer GIF

Yeah, but apart from all that Boris and his govt have really done a great job.

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

It was binned a week I think after it was announced

ETA: Announced 9th Sept. Cancelled due to inadequate testing accuracy in early Nov no one is quite sure when it was formally cancelled.

They've done some mass testing- Johnstone and Pollokshields got tested. Don't know how many people actually participated in it. 

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Even so, that's 50% of infected people isolating and reducing transmission, if they do the right thing.

Which they don't so it's pointless

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yeah, but apart from all that Boris and his govt have really done a great job.

Yeh apart from the U turns and flinging money at their pals and let's not forget £10k for every MP to get set up working from home.

4 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

They've done some mass testing- Johnstone and Pollokshields got tested. Don't know how many people actually participated in it. 

I think that was for community surveillance rather than saying you can do what you want now you've had a negative test.

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Pal works in morrisons in Perth.

Apparently people have already started panic buying.

My wife has been panic buying for years judging by what we have in the cupboards and the freezer(s).

We've enough to last us at least 4/6 weeks other than milk, bread, fresh fruit and veg.

We've also got about enough toilet roll and kitchen roll to see us through to the end of February or thereabouts.

They need to come up with something to get these vaccines out faster once the AZ one gets approved. If AZ can make it faster than traditional methods can dispense it, then get it sent to workplace occupational health departments, or toured round the place on the blood buses or something.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife has been panic buying for years judging by what we have in the cupboards and the freezer(s).

We've enough to last us at least 4/6 weeks other than milk, bread, fresh fruit and veg.

We've also got about enough toilet roll and kitchen roll to see us through to the end of February or thereabouts.

Could you lend me some dried egg and lard?

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Screenshot_20201220-102208.thumb.jpg.6777921ea6dc21315726ff724c93435a.jpg

I'm potentially as late as September but if they can administer 1.5m vaccines a week then that later date moves to June.

I guess it's all about the Oxford vaccine getting approved and hopefully some time in the new year a single shot vaccine will be available.

I should get mine in February according to that.

I'll keep you posted...

45 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You can freeze bread

Get her back out there to pick up some extra

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

You can freeze bread

Get her back out there to pick up some extra

She's only been to the shops twice/three times since the first lockdown, back in March.

Having said that, might get an extra couple of loaves delivered this week.