Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just seen that Na***** Zahawi is the Minister for Vaccines.
Well known for being the founder of Yougov and the current chairman of extreme right wing CIA funded European political group Le Cercle. Seems about right.

In all honesty I’m at the stage where I just want someone to make the vaccine roll out go efficiently. I’ve no idea whether this odious being can deliver that of course.

11 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Calling it the AstraZeneca vaccine and not the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is getting some Tories rattled.

That’s not what Brexit was about.

I thought only Vile Nationalists got into that sort of debate.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Well known for being the founder of Yougov and the current chairman of extreme right wing CIA funded European political group Le Cercle. Seems about right.

Is Na***** really blocked by the swear filter

Edited by 101
What the f**k, why?

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

HIm, his wife have just started up some medical company with their children named as directors. SOmething like that. Looks like they are at it.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Another U.S senator catches COVID-19 just 3 weeks after being vaccinated

From the BBC -

A Republican congressman has tested positive for coronavirus less than three weeks after receiving his first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

In a tweet posted on Tuesday night, the congressman said he was quarantining after receiving the result, adding that he would begin treatment on Wednesday.

Kevin Brady, who represents Texas' 8th District, shared a photo of himself receiving the injection on 18 December, together with a message thanking President Donald Trump for the speed with which the vaccine was produced and delivered.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is 95% effective in preventing people from developing Covid-19, although two doses are needed to ensure full protection. However, data published by the US Food and Drug Administration showed that the first jab alone prevented 89% of the most severe cases.

Brady is not the first member of Congress to test positive after receiving their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine: Kay Granger, another Republican from Texas, tested positive on Monday.

"Having received the vaccine in December, she is asymptomatic and feeling great!" her office said in a statement.

I genuinely can't tell if the BBC are using this to show that the vaccine is doing the job it is intended to do, or to make people worry it doesn't work as "yOu cAn sTiLl cAtCh iT"

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The d h i m part is.

It would be some laugh if Ireland finished their vaccinations first.

Am I being thick how is Dh1m a slur? 

Apparently the essential workers school placement scheme in my LA has been swamped, way over subscribed despite it running at under 20% capacity last time. Council employees who are not essential have been told to withdraw their applications as 35% made were from their own staff (although plenty other non essential workers have also applied). My staff have now been approached to look at some sort of tech solution to an evaluation process that was never thought necessary.

It's one thing being a snippy parent as it was described on here but it's taking it to a whole new level applying for a front line / essential workers place for your kids when your not !

Hope you are correct.
Latest Scotland Covid number for ICU is 95. Total hospital number 1384. (Confirmed cases).
Direct comparison of the highest numbers from April is 208 in ICU and 1520 for hospital numbers. Again that was confirmed cases.
At that time suspected cases were also being counted which gave ICU peak total at 221 and hospital numbers peak at 1866. 

Shows you that treatment once hospitalised certainly seems to have improved to such an extent that it's preventing the numbers then needing ICU treatment.

Just now, 101 said:

Can it be taken out an swapped with N word or F word for homosexual man? 

I would guess both of those are already included in the swear filter - certainly the first one. Obviously the shorter version of the "F word" you're referring to won't be since it has another much more common use in this country.

36 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Calling it the AstraZeneca vaccine and not the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is getting some Tories rattled.

Grievance-mongering fleg-waving unionist gonks at it again.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

You would need to ask Div, if he even exists...

Phone up the support number.

Cool, ill give him a bell 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would guess both of those are already included in the swear filter - certainly the first one. Obviously the shorter version of the "F word" you're referring to won't be since it has another much more common use in this country.

Pretty sure they aren't, the second one certainly isn't but understand why the shorter version isn't in.

Bit of a minter seeing as the PHE website refers to it without 'Oxford' in places, as do the boxes containing the actual fucking stuff.

ScotGov website also refers to it including 'Oxford' in places to further minterise the situation.

Absolutely unreal.