Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Yeah it would be hard. I mean folk with babies that are born prematurely and so on do manage but you're right. That being said I'd say the instant maternal bond thing is a bit overstated. They're quite boring wee things for the first month.

Sleep, greet, shite, repeat.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

We're going to end up pish stained auld alkies if we come through this unscathed. 

There's a certain truth in this. The Spacewoman and I have upped our consumption over the last week without really trying.

The hour of the apero starts at 6, we usually pass because we go to the bar after 7 most nights and have 2 or 3. Now we bust out the booze and nibbles about 5.45 EVERY night . Then don't fukcing stop except to eat. This virus is going to kill us.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Image result for mick mccarthy gif(Apologies if I have misread your post - I know you've had health problems but I didn't think you'd had a stroke.)

Hey, no worries. No reason you'd know. Happened in September last year, just after I hit my five-year mark post cancer treatment. Back at work, although no longer operational, and just about fully recovered (much to Doctors' disbelief, given the time before treatment).  Having got ththrough those, I have a (probably irattional) relaxed attitude towards this Covid malarkey.

Anyhoo, I remember the 1980s, when there was a PROPER scary virus doing the rounds..

I have just sent an e-mail to Britannia hotels (using my real contact details) using the’ contact us’ facility on their website giving them my opinion on their treatment of the workers at their Aviemore hotel.

My wife’s GP practice were sent a supply of PPE masks they were assured were the right ones, they weren’t. My wife’s now got to see corona patients without a mask or glasses etc or a proper apron. Her practice have flagged it up to the local MSP and government who have responded with a resounding lack of response. For as much as Nicola is good at standing by a lectern, shes not really good at looking out for the frontline.

4 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

There's a certain truth in this. The Spacewoman and I have upped our consumption over the last week without really trying.

The hour of the apero starts at 6, we usually pass because we go to the bar after 7 most nights and have 2 or 3. Now we bust out the booze and nibbles about 5.45 EVERY night . Then don't fukcing stop except to eat. This virus is going to kill us.

At least you'll save the crematorium on fuel if you pop your clogs, every cloud. 

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do share

Didn’t copy it, but thought it best to be reasonable.  Just said I wouldn’t use any hotel in their change and said their treatment of their staff was disgraceful, particularly at this time.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Didn’t copy it, but thought it best to be reasonable.  Just said I wouldn’t use any hotel in their change and said their treatment of their staff was disgraceful, particularly at this time.

Good for you. (I hope you said "any hotel in their chain" in your e-mail rather than "any hotel in their change"...)

I currently live with my sister. She went ahead with her birthday party the day before yesterday, and now she is continually leaving the flat and going out for coffee with people. I am hiding in my room. I have planned a quick exit. My girlfriend will pick me up in her car and I will stay with her indefinitely. We have only been 'official' for a week, so this may be a serious test of the relationship. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Pray for me.

Edited by The Real Saints

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I currently live with my sister. She went ahead with her birthday party the day before yesterday, and now she is continually leaving the flat and going out for coffee with people. I am hiding in my room. I have planned a quick exit. My girlfriend will pick me up in her car and I will stay with her indefinitely. We have only been 'official' for a week, so this may be a serious test of the relationship. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Pray for me.

You’re the 13th Best Poster In P&B History, 24th Most Influential Poster in P&B History, Best St Johnstone Poster 2012, 2013 & 2015, P&B's Got Talent Winner, Founder of Club DOSS

I’m sure your relationship will last.

36 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

They were going on about playing golf on the radio this morning. 

As said seems good exercise but club house will be a risk.

I doubt you could okay a round in France at the moment 🤷‍♂️

Our local 27 holer is closed and members have been warned not to just go out anyway. I don't see the problem of being out in the open, on the course or in a country lane or in a park as long as you steer clear of any other folk. I do think it's stupid to go to a busy pub or other similar place.

A friend was at Leclerc supermarket this morning, new rules mean only one person per chariot. Silly rule. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re the 13th Best Poster In P&B History, 24th Most Influential Poster in P&B History, Best St Johnstone Poster 2012, 2013 & 2015, P&B's Got Talent Winner, Founder of Club DOSS

I’m sure your relationship will last.

On paper, these stats look incredibly impressive and they are undoubtedly a major turn-on for the ladies. In reality, I haven't achieved anything on P&B since 2015. The jury is out.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I said it was disgusting and hoped their business went belly-up.  Hard talking, me. 😠