Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You joke, but a large number of people with serious mental health issues are going to be thinking this a lot over the next few months. For some people it will be just 'existing' with no joy, no happiness, nothing.

I get that most of the time from streaming Netflix.

It was very obvious coming home from work in the mornings this week that the roads were getting quieter every day, so there must be a lot of people either working from home, or having to stay home to self isolate.

What is becoming apparent though, is that unless the government actually order bars and restaurants to close, then their social distancing recommendations will make very little difference. As has been mentioned several times on this thread, people are c***s.IMG_20200320_102647.jpeg

Was at Lidl earlier, got all the things I was wanting for a barbecue no bother.  Sold out of toilet roll, paracetamol, etc.

Guy in front of me had 8 cans of beer, a bottle of whiskey and a couple of ready meals just after 10 am.  Maybe he’s heading off to self isolate.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

It was very obvious coming home from work in the mornings this week that the roads were getting quieter every day, so there must be a lot of people either working from home, or having to stay home to self isolate.

What is becoming apparent though, is that unless the government actually order bars and restaurants to close, then their social distancing recommendations will make very little difference. As has been mentioned several times on this thread, people are c***s.IMG_20200320_102647.jpeg

That’s a very interesting visual.  @pandarilla

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Was at Lidl earlier, got all the things I was wanting for a barbecue no bother.  Sold out of toilet roll, paracetamol, etc.

Guy in front of me had 8 cans of beer, a bottle of whiskey and a couple of ready meals just after 10 am.  Maybe he’s heading off to self isolate.

^^^^ Big team found

What is becoming apparent though, is that unless the government actually order bars and restaurants to close, then their social distancing recommendations will make very little difference. As has been mentioned several times on this thread, people are c***s.IMG_20200320_102647.jpeg.8c238ddec9b72fc8c1cdea928d5f73bb.jpeg
KeEp tHe tUbE oPeN

Guest Moomintroll

We are classed as key workers, therefore your local Premier or Londis Store will still be able to stay open although the selfish locusts will strip certain shelves empty 5 minutes after opening.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Indeed.

I'd love to self isolate completely but my workplace is currently running at 50% capacity but about 75% of the workforce is rotating in and out of the office (aside from those who are high risk). I can't foresee a situation through this where our office (and certainly not our production facility) will go into total lockdown due to the nature of the production we are doing and the need for inside sales representatives and fast order releases and turnaround. We simply cannot and will not close as it would likely hamper research efforts. The work though are being fantastic about it, they have offered anyone who needs it, new monitors to hook up laptops to, to work from home (my biggest hinderance is going from working with 3 screens down to a single laptop screen) with as well as a compensation package for anyone affected who needs child care whilst working from home. As I've said before, I'm exceptionally lucky to be in the position I am currently and as a result, am hoping to do my bit. My onus in the last few days has gone from 'how can I get you to pay us what is overdue' to 'how can I get these orders released to you as quickly as possible'.

As a result, I'm a pretty high risk of getting it due to still being relatively active  - my partner is also a hairdresser and still at her work until advised otherwise - and in response, I'm just trying to stay away from folk as much as possible but even then, I'd say I'm social distancing more than 50% of what i was doing previously. I'm in work half the time, I'm avoiding pubs, I've gone out literally twice this week aside from work (and both times just to pick up stuff like bread and milk).

Just found out that the Asda local to my old Jail will allow staff from there access from 0900 on Sundays in order to get essentials, on production of their HMPS  ID.

RTBC - I haven't got my new ID yet, so my card still shows me working at the old Nick. Guess where I'm going Sunday?