Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Oaksoft is a roaster of course, but I hope his sort of ranting and the generally stupidity on show from lots of people in this country finally puts paid to constant talk of "British blitz sprirt" and that sort of shite we always hear about.

Science is the way to go here, and people left to their own devices are simply fucking things up and worsening the situation with their selfishness, which will directly hasten the deaths of others.

British people are selfish panic merchants, not strong, not community driven, not rallying round etc. Wev heard too much of that shite in recent times. It's almost nice to see it so roundly discredited.
I disagree.

It's f**k all about britishness - it is a humanity thing though. And as much as the blitz spirit is massively overhyped it DID EXIST.

Community is what will see us thrive this and help us out the other end. People supporting each other.

If you want to stick to science alone then good luck finding complete consensus. And just to be clear for those who don't understand nuance I'm not discrediting science. Not even close. I've essentially been self isolated for two months due to chronic illness, and every night i hook up to an iv drip for 12 hours so curfew is already normal for me. I follow the scientific guidance very closely, but even then the medical professionals do not know everything. And they often disagree.

The leadership of this country is currently following the best scientific and medical advice they have and we are not on lock down. When we are people will generally obey it (give it take the numpties).

There's an immaturity in the thinking that anyone who is outside in a non essential location is a selfish old c**t who doesn't give a f**k about anyone else. It's simplistic and childish.

I work in a school and from what i can see people are generally following advice, and getting on with life. Sometimes folk panic and worry but generally with a helpful chat they calm down and we get through it... Together.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Day 1, and Oaksoft is in the diary room, ranting about stoicism and life in the good old days

Day 2 Oaksoft has been evicted and stole all the bog roll on his way out.

pomposity.jpg

Edited by dirty dingus

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Worth pointing out that this particular list of key workers applies to England only, as education is devolved. Up here, each local council has the authority to decide who they consider to be key workers.

Stirling's interpretation:

Category 1

Health and care workers directly supporting COVID response and associated staff;

• Life threatening emergency services work
  • Critical primary/community care provision
  • Energy suppliers
  • Childcare/learning for Category 1 staff.

Category 2

• All other health and care workers/Public Sector workers – Emergency critical welfare services (e.g. Fire, Police, Prison, Social Work, Housing)
  • Workers who are critical for national infrastructure (e.g. water, transportation, telecommunications, food production and distribution) 

Category 3

• Other essential services, people who keep the country running

46 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

8 in the morning and I'm out of greenies

33 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

^^^this. Sort it out @Div

It’s going to get worse, I was in Tesco last night panic buying and there were people with two whole trollies of them.  Scum, sub-human scum.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

20% of Americans with symptoms serious enough to be hospitalised have been 20-44.

Given the levels of obesity there this isn't a surprise.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I think Italy has made a massive mess of it but some of the SE Asian countries are doing a far better job of keeping a lid on it, but at what cost? A no win game whichever path is chosen..,

489E373E-3350-466A-B368-04BE1DE52D41.thumb.png.9b431be22c5363d05138a4bc8108c1cf.png

Guest Moomintroll
^^^this. Sort it out [mention=1]Div[/mention]
This, unlimited greenies for the duration of the Emergency & ban red dots as it will cause some posters to properly lose their shit. All of our Forum experiences will be massively improved by this.

Guest Moomintroll
Just broke the news to the boys that we're on the essential workers list so they still have to go to school. They didn't take it too well. We have no intention of actually sending them as the Mrs will be able to work around my shifts but they don't need to know that till Monday!
Harsh but fair.