Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I hope I get the conventional needle. This anal stick seems a bit experimental.

The Chinese Don’t seem to think so. Apologies that it’s the mail. Although the headline is surprisingly humorous for them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9168707/Coronavirus-China-blasts-fake-video-people-waddling-like-penguins-COVID-19-anal-swabs.html

40 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Well, given how long the SNP has dittered over another referendum, a bit like their pedestrian pandemic response, I think we can safely conclude that by the time Scotland does becomes independent, you'll already be bound for the crematorium. Or perhaps at best, slurping soup through a straw. I imagine we'll be rejoining the same European Union you voted to leave as well.

Unlucky.

WeightyUntidyConey-size_restricted.gif

unnamed-1.gif

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't believe so, any credit they had in responding to the virus has gone, Biden will help but it's well understood they are coming from and completely different place than we are in Scotland and we wouldn't go any faster or slower because of what's happening in America.

The more western countries that get back to normality sooner, the better. The US are in a good position now in that they can lay the blame of the entire pandemic response at the feet of the previous Trump administration, but the levels of infection from then can still be chalked up alongside the vaccination program which Biden will take the credit for.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Aww Shucks :wub:

As Francois Balloux has said many times, the pandemic is going to be over in the northern hemisphere by mid-2021, give or take a few months.

How long we keep the madness going for, however, is anyone's guess.

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
6 hours ago, Elixir said:
Wait, you actually took that seriously?

No, I'm taking piss because you're an idiot.

Still educated to Master's degree level, champ.

Edit: and you missed a 'the'. shitwine.png

Edited by Elixir

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As Francois Balloux has said many times, the pandemic is going to be over in the northern hemisphere by mid-2021, give or take a few months.

How long we keep the madness going for, however, is anyone's guess.

I'd suggest the end of furlough will see  change of direction from SG.

The ramblings of Swinney were most unwelcome today and have rightly been castigated  by others on here. 

There may be a few in all governments rather keen on keeping the emergency legislation in place and trying to justify it by saying some c**t in Burundi or Tajikistan hasn't been vaccinated doesn't wash.

Edited by Tynierose

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’m pro SNP and pro independence but the nanny state ideology of the SNP is becoming tiresome.

They need a clear out and some fresh faces who can actually deliver something. 
The SNP has been seriously tested twice and failed both times.

They need a clear out and some fresh faces who can actually deliver something. 
The SNP has been seriously tested twice and failed both times.
Swinney is long past his sell by date, if he was ever in it to begin with. Problem IMO is partly down to some of the more able being in WM instead of Holyrood. Anyway, that's another discussion.

22 minutes ago, Scosha said:

How long do we reckon the SG will keep up the social distancing and mask rules after England have canned them? 

A significant number of people will continue to wear face masks and keep a little bit of distance well after any govt determines it's no longer necessary. That's my take based on the number of folk I've seen from the Far East in places like London. They've just kept doing it every since SARS I think.