Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You're probably right. But my biggest gripe will come from the things I can't ignore. Face mask wearing at work, for example, will likely remain in law, and that obviously can't be pied.

Similarly, if they legislate for max group sizes / number of households in hospitality venues, there is literally no way around this.

I have no issue with recommending distancing etc where possible following the vaccine roll out, but i'm deeply against it being strictly enforced. If you want to keep 2m away from people, wear a mask, or avoid places where neither are likely, then crack on. Just don't expect everyone else to be forced to do the same, or be outraged about them not.

Life won't be normal until all NPI's and 'emergency powers' are taken out of law and are fired straight in the bin.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

The Brexit supporting cult chump appears rattled tonight. Furiously posting in a thread where the main players have him on ignore.

Main players!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a football chat site you moron.

Health services are not going to be threatened with once-in-a-century pandemic waves every winter from now on because of Covid.
You don't think so and I don't think so but there is a scenario out there based on natural R versus efficacy and non vaccinated that COULD apparently lead to that scenario. That said it's being spouted by science experts are regurgitated by politicians without actually providing the public with the sums.

If they just told us the natural, unrestricted R number and applied that to the efficacy deficiency and non vaccinated population proportion that they think would result in that natural R leading to the NHS still being overwhelmed then we might have a better understanding.

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Remember when Clownshoes was still telling us in fucking March that mass gatherings didn't make much difference and masks were completely pointless.

MZhtDjKDDPVclSoBa1t2U8sZGbjbgkc0AG1E7YrW

And a few months later he was saying 'that was the science at the time'

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You don't think so and I don't think so but there is a scenario out there based on natural R versus efficacy and non vaccinated that COULD apparently lead to that scenario. That said it's being spouted by science experts are regurgitated by politicians without actually providing the public with the sums.

If they just told us the natural, unrestricted R number and applied that to the efficacy deficiency and non vaccinated population proportion that they think would result in that natural R leading to the NHS still being overwhelmed then we might have a better understanding.

There's also a scenario where an asteroid obliterates all life on Earth.

Mind you, I guess that would save us all a lot of hassle.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

How long do we reckon the SG will keep up the social distancing and mask rules after England have canned them? 

Tbh if masks are someones little comfort blanket I really don't see a problem with wearing them. But our already problematic population is going to be fucked by social distancing Nicola needs to be on stage at the end of this with a firing pistol shout "let the shagging commence".

While I cant find a natural unrestricted R rate anywhere for C19 variants apparently for Measles it's an astonishing 15 !

If C19 was anywhere near that it's not that hard to understand some of the more negative outlooks re restrictions. Surely it cant be anywhere near that ?

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Good to see that the common sense group on p&b have motivated the upsurge in vaccines in Scotland over the last 6 days, hopefully ‘the guys’ are now going to ensure it continues. 

That would be funny if it weren’t that there’s part of you that probably believes it.

There's also a scenario where an asteroid obliterates all life on Earth.
Mind you, I guess that would save us all a lot of hassle.
But you must see, based on R rate it's nothing like that. It's plausible based on a high natural R in conjunction with efficacy deficiency and unvaccinated populus. It's unlikely if R was say 3 or 4 but at a measles like 15 I kinda see where they are coming from no matter how much I dislike it.

We need to know the natural R rate of the variants currently in circulation to decide if it's credible or not.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Do folk realise you are allowed to criticise some of the policies of the party you vote for?

I think this is lost on a lot of people and also not helped by the fact the only parties that you could vote for are the morons of the libdems or the greens. The other parties are doing very similar things to the SG