Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

400 deaths in a day isn't the slam dunk you seem to think it is 🤨

Do you know every single day prior to the pandemic that 1,500 people would die in the UK? The same will happen long after the pandemic too.

Deaths are falling away, from 1,071 to 393 in just three weeks, hence 'like snow off a dyke', champ.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Exactly the basis for me voting in May, i support Independence but this is for me a far bigger issue. 

If the option was on the table between a 'normal' Brexit Britain and an independent Scotland striving for 'elimination', it wouldn't even be a choice for me. Life is for living above all else.

The fact that is even a thought truly depresses me, and is the biggest reason for my utter dismay at the pure populism on display from the SNP, and their total lack of realism and pragmatism.

Edit: since I don't see them pivoting from their current position before the election, I can't endorse them, so I either won't vote or will spoil my ballot by stating to end the dystopian fantasy.

Edited by Elixir

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Do you know every single day prior to the pandemic that 1,500 people would die in the UK? The same will happen long after the pandemic too.

Deaths are falling away, from 1,071 to 393 in just three weeks, hence 'like snow off a dyke', champ.

Genuinely had no idea people died prior to the pandemic.

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Five more years of no second referendum, but instead keeping Devi, Jase, and Linda on the tele chasing a fantasy long after the rest of the world has moved on. QLFMjQU.png

I mean if it's not a mandate for Indyref2, then why would you vote for them?

Indyref2 appears to be getting papped in the bin to keep zero covid fantasies alive.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Genuinely had no idea people died prior to the pandemic.

You seem even more surprised that people are dying during the winter of the worst pandemic in a century.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean if it's not a mandate for Indyref2, then why would you vote for this?

Indyref2 is getting papped in the bin to keep zero covid fantasies alive.

Keeps the gravy train going among the London team as well.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean if it's not a mandate for Indyref2, then why would you vote for this?

Indyref2 is getting papped in the bin to keep zero covid fantasies alive.

Everything is a vehicle for indyref2.  This change of dialog is nothing more than a political manoeuvring to attempt to gain more votes, to then start talking about indyref2 again.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Deaths in hospitals are falling away, from 1,071 to 393 in just three weeks, hence 'like snow off a dyke', champ.

FTFY

Also non Covid deaths were also up Jan-Sep 2020 nearly 13,000 more people died than the 5 year average which is alarming.

I'm not sure we can all be certain that the morgues and funeral system can take a whole lot more pressure if you have increased non Covid deaths and Covid deaths and there is a few more hurdles to cross before that's a foregone conclusion.

Also it's a very shitty time for a funeral.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Everything is a vehicle for indyref2.  This change of dialog is nothing more than a political manoeuvring to attempt to gain more votes, to then start talking about indyref2 again.

But the change of dialogue is a change to 'if you think we're doing well with covid handling, vote for us' when it was previously 'If you want indyref 2 vote for us'

I do want indyref2.

I do not, however, think they are handling the pandemic well and cannot lend my support to their strategy.

Currently, in my mind, I want a path out of restrictions more than I want a second indy vote.

But the change of dialogue is a change to 'if you think we're doing well with covid handling, vote for us' when it was previously 'If you want indyref 2 vote for us'
I do want indyref2.
I do not, however, think they are handling the pandemic well and cannot lend my support to their strategy.
Currently, in my mind, I want a path out of restrictions more than I want a second indy vote.
There has barely been a cheep from any MSP regardless of party about measures currently in place. They appear to have full cross party support in Scotland which seems very odd. Not once has Davidson, Harvey, Rennie or Baillie even mentioned releasing lockdown or complained about it being extended.

I see NI despite the headline "lockdown extended " have announced a return to bigger outdoor meetings from 8 March.

3 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

For heavens sake just tell her to shelve the election, her current arguments indicate it will be a major risk in spreading of the disease. 

It's not up to her.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

This chap not quite getting the hotel quarantine !

Traveller staying in quarantine hotel complains it is 'worst experience of my life' 
Anthony Pium, who returned from Brazil yesterday, claimed he is being "held against his will" .

1 day in...aye just feel free to check out whenever you want Tony !

Obviously never had the pleasure of a weekend in the Saltcoats cells.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

There has barely been a cheep from any MSP regardless of party about measures currently in place. They appear to have full cross party support in Scotland which seems very odd. Not once has Davidson, Harvey, Rennie or Baillie even mentioned releasing lockdown or complained about it being extended.

I see NI despite the headline "lockdown extended " have announced a return to bigger outdoor meetings from 8 March.

Which makes it even more shoddy to now use it as a point for re-election.

3 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

For heavens sake just tell her to shelve the election, her current arguments indicate it will be a major risk in spreading of the disease. 

Really not a good idea to allow the current leader of the government to cancel elections at will