Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The medical professionals on this thread have said a couple of times that the long term effects of covid are more than just pvf. 
It doesn't do the situation any favours deliberately playing down stuff like that to advance your argument. Noone is saying we should stay closed because people are experiencing this, but it is a relatively common, genuine limiting condition caused by covid, and is the kind of thing we should be aware of and factor into our thinking rather than dismiss because it doesn't suit. 
No one is denying the effects of long covid (or whatever its being called these days) but its not enough of a reason on its own to keep restrictions in place.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Meanwhile Peston reporting that furlough is going to be extended until autumn. Naturally that's devoid of context but it looks like a bad sign. 

*Peston, not Preston. He is as inspiring as the dull town is, right enough. 

I would quite like Alan Preston to take over from Peston mainly to get him off the BBC.

58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It is a bit, but we are a long way off the likes of Devi backing down.

This is what Leitch was disagreeing with the other day.

You would hope and assume that the CMO is given for more weight than Leitch and it's his committee that seems to be pro easements (Devi aside) hopefully we see movement in the roadmap on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Haven't given it a thought. Why do you think he's so desperate to keep us all under restrictions permanently?

Personally I think he's pushing this to lead into a digital ID which will allow everyone to be tracked in our movements as we are online and just like Google, Facebook and Microsoft have made huge profits from online surveillance there will new be opportunities to profit and also influence group behaviour. I suspect Blair and his backers want something similar to China's Social Credit system operating in the West.

Bill Gates (who has given Blair $16m over the past five years) has been pushing a project called ID2020 to give everyone digital IDs but is especially focused on Africans. He has invested in technology which will leave a quantum dot on anyone who receives a vaccination which will brand them with details of their vaccination status and identity. It's not hard to see this being used to make it easier to process and reject climate refugees in the future.

Cashless society is also coming and that will be another tightening of societal control and will have consequences beyond just using a debit card or phone rather than notes.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

You would hope and assume that the CMO is given for more weight than Leitch and it's his committee that seems to be pro easements (Devi aside) hopefully we see movement in the roadmap on Tuesday.

I wouldn't be so sure the CMO has more influence than Leitch. Both have important yet in some respects different roles. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I wouldn't be so sure the CMO has more influence than Leitch. Both have important yet in some respects different roles. 

I think Leitchs role is mainly PR as that constant face that's important in a crisis obviously in the inner circle but this is literally Dr Smith's job.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-universal-digital-identification-and-you

A Microsoft article from 2018 stating:

The fundamental mission of creating a universal identification system that incorporates every person on the globe, using modern technology and the support of various governments, financial institutions and more is the goal hidden behind the humanitarian cause.

If the Alliance's goal is a globally recognized digital identity for everyone from birth to death, will that become a global mandate? How will it be enforced and by whom? What happens to those individuals who are unwilling to participate? Will they be persecuted? And how will the implementation of identification evolve with technology beyond smartphones? Will wearables, implant's like those being used in Swedish subways or some form of digital tattoo become the norm?

It also mentions digital tattoos and wonders whether persecution will be neccessary.

Edited by Detournement

Personally I think he's pushing this to lead into a digital ID which will allow everyone to be tracked in our movements as we are online and just like Google, Facebook and Microsoft have made huge profits from online surveillance there will new be opportunities to profit and also influence group behaviour. I suspect Blair and his backers want something similar to China's Social Credit system operating in the West.
Bill Gates (who has given Blair $16m over the past five years) has been pushing a project called ID2020 to give everyone digital IDs but is especially focused on Africans. He has invested in technology which will leave a quantum dot on anyone who receives a vaccination which will brand them with details of their vaccination status and identity. It's not hard to see this being used to make it easier to process and reject climate refugees in the future.
Cashless society is also coming and that will be another tightening of societal control and will have consequences beyond just using a debit card or phone rather than notes.

Wow. Just, wow.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's definitely pretty apparent that his reputation is being laundered for whatever reason. I'm not particularly taken with the wise old head type shit that's being massaged into us. The guy is and always will be fucking scum 

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It’s not impossible to get to zero covid. Other countries have done it.

Get the cases as low as possible through the vaccine and then test and trace.

It would take a lot of effort which people don’t want cause they don't fancy the cost of being mentally and financially ruined getting there.

Fixed.

Just now, Burnieman said:

If Bill Gates wants to monitor me then batter in, I'm sure he'll lose interest once I start showing him my programme collection.

You are already being monitored every time you go online. The average Smart Phone user has their movements tracked by 200 different companies.

The issue isn't do large corporations and governments want to monitor you. The issue is how is the surveillance going to be expanded?

Sorry, but get fucked you sanctimonious twat.
He has explained that he got ill with the initial typical symptoms, which went away, and has been left with being energy drained. That is a shite state of affairs for him, and as I said I hope that gets better as quickly as possible for him, but the reality is that shutting down the country for this sort of illness would be ridiculous and if you’re suggesting otherwise you’re part of the problem. Also your last line is just an outright lie, please point out where I’ve said we should be opening back up now? It certainly isn’t in the post you’ve quoted, the opposite in fact.
I didn't say "now" you have added that !

You did say....if Covid is reduced to people getting ill to the extent you have, then we’re absolutely in the clear and by that point everything should be completely open and should have been for a while.

I'm not advocating locking down in my post I'm saying you appear to be belittling someone elses illness.

As for the rest of rant, dearie me what problem am I part of exactly and where do I advocate locking down for Long Covid / PVF ?

You honestly think folk posting on the general nonsense section of a Scottish football forum are somehow "part of the problem" whatever that problem is ? You have definitely lost the plot. No one on here is part of any problem. It's text tapped out on a phone ffs. No one on here is setting policy so ergo cannot be part of any problem. Keep some perspective of what this is, an internet forum !

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think Leitchs role is mainly PR as that constant face that's important in a crisis obviously in the inner circle but this is literally Dr Smith's job.

Leitch does have a PR role in this pandemic but his remit in Scottish Healthcare delivery is way wider than that. Both Leitch and Gregor Smith have major roles and as such both have significant influence. I've no way of knowing who if either has more influence on policy and think it's probably wrong to assume one or the other does.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

You are already being monitored every time you go online. The average Smart Phone user has their movements tracked by 200 different companies.

The issue isn't do large corporations and governments want to monitor you. The issue is how is the surveillance going to be expanded?

Excellent, I have an App with my programme collection on it, Bill's probably already seen it in that case.