Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just to balance up the Drakeford comments, there also appears to be quotes from him saying personal services and non essential retail could reopen in three weeks as well as certain types of staycations for Easter. 

Given their infection levels are pretty similar to ours it will be very interesting to see how that develops. 

And to balance it further Drakeford has made a rip roaring c**t of it all along the way so whatever he predicts I'd hedge my bets on the opposite.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

The fact is once the Israeli's are all vaccinated and are shouting about how brilliant it is whilst sipping pints and shagging each other, everyone over here will start to demand the same and politicians won't have anywhere to go.

The SG's fluffers have previously whined about 'aye but... the Palestinians!!!11!!' as part of their refusal to accept that any government's vaccine rollout could be better than ours, so I'm not convinced about this.

Bad form to keep quoting that Priti Patel article from 4 years' ago when some of us are counting the days until that horrible boot is emptied again. 

Was thinking that we were getting a vintage week there with Rush Limbaugh going down to the big fire.

Doesn’t sound fun, but realistically if we get to a stage where that’s the worst it gets then it’s happy days and everything open.
I'm not trying to play the martyr, but it really is impacting my life, and best guess is another couple of months like this. I get the feeling the Main Players on here have either avoided the lurgy, or have been fortunate enough,being young and fit, to have had a mild dose. I'm fifty seven, with a few recent health issues. You'll forgive me if I don't fall into the "it's just like flu" camp.
Anyhow, I should be getting those high grade drugs into my arm next week - unexpected upside of my stroke a couple of years ago![emoji106]

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As I mentioned last night, the messaging from the 'experts' and politicians has been truly abysmal:

If Trump  had created the level of scaremongering about vaccines that Merkel and Macron have the usual suspects would be churning out viral tweets and think pieces about it.  The fact that the supposed 'normal, grown-up countries' have done it doesn't seem to have raised a murmur.  

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm not trying to play the martyr, but it really is impacting my life, and best guess is another couple of months like this. I get the feeling the Main Players on here have either avoided the lurgy, or have been fortunate enough,being young and fit, to have had a mild dose. I'm fifty seven, with a few recent health issues. You'll forgive me if I don't fall into the "it's just like flu" camp.
Anyhow, I should be getting those high grade drugs into my arm next week - unexpected upside of my stroke a couple of years ago!emoji106.png

Look on the bright side.  As you are older and vaccinated you will soon be able to jaunt off to Benidorm while all the young 'uns will be stuck here.

Regardless of how much you believe or don't believe she says at the briefings, it's only when someone stands in for Nicola Sturgeon that you realise just how good she is at public speaking - you might have an issue with the message but it's delivered clearly. John Swinney sounds like he's reading off a slow teleprinter or something in comparison 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If Trump  had created the level of scaremongering about vaccines that Merkel and Macron have the usual suspects would be churning out viral tweets and think pieces about it.  The fact that the supposed 'normal, grown-up countries' have done it doesn't seem to have raised a murmur.  

The Oxford vaccine was only bad until they got some. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Regardless of how much you believe or don't believe she says at the briefings, it's only when someone stands in for Nicola Sturgeon that you realise just how good she is at public speaking - you might have an issue with the message but it's delivered clearly. John Swinney sounds like he's reading off a slow teleprinter or something in comparison 

John Swinney is just a golden ticket winner. He's been inept in every senior role he's had. Miraculous that he's still front and center of Scottish politics. He must be a bloody miracle worker in his constituency to be valued so highly in the party as a whole.

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I get the impression that he isn't speaking naturally.

Blatently obvious he is reading a statement written by someone else. Possibly NS.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

To think he was the poster boy for the SNP at one point. 

Wooden. 

Edited by ayrmad