Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seriously though, imagine being Emmanuel Macron, leading the developed worlds most anti-vax country and making the decision to absolutely slate the Oxford/AZ vaccine, only for it to turn out to be extremely effective actually.

Macron and Merkel have made such an enormous balls of this.

Guest Bob Mahelp
45 minutes ago, 101 said:

Now the good news is rolling, what the first thing you will be doing post LOCKDOWN?

Straight to the airport and getting the first available flight?

Straight to the station hotel in Larbet for P&Bs official best pint of T?

Straight round your neighbours for your hole?

I'm off round my pals house to get steaming I expect to be there for a few days.

My daughter lives in a different part of the world and we haven't see her in 13 months. 

I'll be straight there. 

Oh, and I'll get the painter and decorator back in to finish the half done job on my house. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

The data and news on the vaccines in the last few days has really cheered me up, I must say. 

The politicians are a different matter, right enough, but hopefully they can be brought around. That we have a Scottish study demonstrating how effective the vaccines have been is even better - that's can't possibly be ignored at Holyrood or Westminster. And if they do try to ignore, there's something tangible to use to apply the pressure. 

The end of this might well be coming. I'll try and overlook Johnson's kiss of death tonight! 

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If NS has seen (or at least knew about) these results 4/5 days ago then it makes her utterly negative tone look even worse.

If the vaccine is producing those kind of reductions 4 weeks after first dose in the most vulnerable people, what's it going to do in those who were unlikely to get seriously ill in the first place?

She simply has to change her tone today and tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

My daughter lives in a different part of the world and we haven't see her in 13 months. 

I'll be straight there. 

Oh, and I'll get the painter and decorator back in to finish the half done job on my house. 

Same - I haven't seen my parents, brother or sister since Christmas 2019.

21 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Tightest restrictions yet one of the highest rates, does that mean lockdowns work or not?????

A real lockdown where everyone stays home other than for emergencies for a couple of weeks would work. Like China. 

The farce that we have endured for the past two months has been utterly pointless. 

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Image result for winking gif

See how the night takes us...

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

2 for me please pal. 2 all over. Pleased to see my local receive such an accolade also, well deserved.

Shortly thereafter though, it will be a train to Glasgow to catch up with my usual midweek drinking buddies who are all huge T fans also.

I think post lockdown I'll cycle there and get the train back to have a thirst worth of a fine pinT.

51 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The Station Hotel is probably my local. Pint of the finest Vitamin T please

Never seen a bad pinT from there.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aside from seeing family I'll be organising a proper send off for my best mate who died in October last year. He was far too young to go anyway but 20 of his family and friends stood for 15 minute at the graveside is no way to pay your respects. We'll be having a f**k off party that he'd have loved himself. 

Sounds lovely, I think there will be a lot of folk celebrating the life of those who have passed as like you say the sanitised affair we have had to make do with is no send off at all.

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll be straight there. 

Painters in when you are off is perfect, nicely done house with not having to put up with the smell, perfect. Knicker drawer will get a good going over as well.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Go and visit my grandparents. Aside from seeing them on Christmas day I had a window of about 8 weeks where I could see them in the last 12 months.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aside from seeing family I'll be organising a proper send off for my best mate who died in October last year. He was far too young to go anyway but 20 of his family and friends stood for 15 minute at the graveside is no way to pay your respects. We'll be having a f**k off party that he'd have loved himself. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll be straight there. 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Same - I haven't seen my parents, brother or sister since Christmas 2019.

Stuff like this kills me. Each one of these got to me.

Like everyone else, I truly hope this is the beginning of the end of this and people can soon have back the moments and connections that have been stolen from them.

I'm just looking forward to my Mrs being able to finally make a go of her wee business without the constant noose of enforced closure hanging over her and mentally dragging her down.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bets that our pubs don’t open after the Euro’s...

There is no justification whatsoever for our release being harsher than England’s - heads gone incoming if it is. 

Especially with the lower cases and death rate. Totalitarian madness if they go harsher longer and genuinely election losing if the electorate had any sense. 

It's great news, and hopefully this  helps frame the discussions around lockdown easing.  The proof is there that hospitalisations are dramatically reduced to near-insignificance - this has to be the main feature of lockdown easing.  I don't want to hear some rocket public health advisor telling us that we need to keep lockdown in place because of X, Y or Z.  The fact an actual virologist has said that lockdown could be eased faster than is being mooted can only be boosted by this news this morning.  

First think I want to do is have my old man and brother round for dinner.  Dad's been forced to chose between which of us he 'bubbles' with as a widower, and it's been really crap that he only gets to see my brother if they sit outside in the garden.  

And I'd be absolutely delighted to be fighting a seagull for my chips on the North Terrace come August.

Edited by super_carson

First thing I’m doing is a haircut, then across the road to Ormonds to get completely fucking legless, go home and spill a kebab over the carpet and fall out with the other half.

There’s 16 months of making a c**t of it to make up for.

Sitting at the fitba again with my mates and dad, basking in the late summer drizzle and taking the piss out of each other, loudly telling Douglas Ross exactly what I think of his political affiliations as he runs the line in his wee duck-arse fashion.

Could anything be sweeter?!

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Especially with the lower cases and death rate. Totalitarian madness if they go harsher longer and genuinely election losing if the electorate had any sense. 

The election is in May so whatever they do in June won't make much difference unless they announce they intend to stay in lockdown for a prolonged period (which no party would announce before an election) then it probably won't make a difference to the cast iron SNP landslide that is incoming.