Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee, Angus and P&K was the classic example - folk literally walking into pubs in P&K and Angus when Dundee was moved to Tier 3.

No surprise that infection rates shot up in both council areas soon after.

The same would be true in other areas around the country.

Seems unlikely we'll see the tier system again, assuming we stay close to what England are doing.

If we did go into a tier system it should be organised by health board, not by council area since it'd the health area capacity your most interested in, and make hospital admissions the primary metric to judge restrictions by.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

8 March appears to be only bringing England into line with where we are today basically ie schools return (big bang confirmed), 2 meeting outdoors and Golf and Tennis allowed.

And the schools all going back at once is just a recipe for disaster, are they testing students and teachers? I've not seen it mentioned.

And the schools all going back at once is just a recipe for disaster, are they testing students and teachers? I've not seen it mentioned.
I think they talked about LFT. The minister interview said indoor meeting is scheduled for May than added the June caveat as he acknowledged the school return may cause what he called a "bump in the road"

Head of Knightsbridge primary talking about infants returning today on five live.

When quizzed about what they were doing differently since last lockdown he pretty much said nothing.

Kids wash their hands. Parents stay out the school unless behind a glass screen at reception. Pencil for everyone. One way systems.

How does any of that help a respiratory airborne virus?

No testing, no airflow thought just pretending theyre doing things and crossing fingers.

Wtf

5 hours ago, RH33 said:

Golf is already open, do they mean clubs can restart tournaments?

f**k knows any more. 

He is referring to England (where golf courses remain closed)  Coincidentally my course has opened today for the first time since this lockdown started (26th December) but that has been  entirely down to ice and snow.  Currently two balls only but sure it will expand to 3 or 4balls soon enough (not that I play in the winter anyway but suely in time for the season )

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So no more than 2 meeting outdoors in England before 29 March and no one in your house until May or possibly even June confirmed by the vaccine minister this morning.

Not sure I expect people to stick to that tbh, I definitely wouldn’t be if that’s what they go for.

Just back from the school drop off for our youngest (the eldest is in P6 so a few weeks yet for him). The usual parents who were grouping before weren't doing that today and folks were more spaced out. I'm also very aware that my kids are lucky in that they are in a newly built school that has multiple entrances to take the groups in so P1, P2 and P3 all went in different gates as well as at different times. Additionally they are lucky to have outside doors into each classroom and loads of are outside to keep each class in it's 'bubble'. If it had been their old school it would have been more problematic and i can see where potential issues may rise.

I suppose it's a bit of a calculated 'gamble' doing it the way SG has and hopefully it'll work. Really can't see much else changing this side of Easter other than P4-7 maybe going back (i think they may try and hold Secondary school kids back till after the Easter break) and then a gradual easing post Easter as more and more are vaccinated.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Another one who has outed themselves as an utter psychopath throughout all this.

Edit: what is it about anthropologists?

Was the virus not circulating in schools before March 8th 2021? So there has been absolutely no 'herd immunity' built up already for the lowest risk group in this whole pandemic????

26 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Another one who has outed themselves as an utter psychopath throughout all this.

Edit: what is it about anthropologists?

This is pretty hopelessly misdirected - the kids will be fine.

The risks of this are on unvaccinated adults. 

Edit: the comments are a nice mixture of 'Government trying to kill us all' and 'mah two huveny had it'. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

I think they talked about LFT. The minister interview said indoor meeting is scheduled for May than added the June caveat as he acknowledged the school return may cause what he called a "bump in the road"

Absolutely mad way to go about things seems like that are almost desperate to cause a 4th lockdown there is no chance parents of kids, teachers or the pupils themselves will be more than a few % vaccinated also any natural immunity from the first time the schools went back will be in unknown territory as I think most have it around 6 months for natural immunity.

45 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Head of Knightsbridge primary talking about infants returning today on five live.

When quizzed about what they were doing differently since last lockdown he pretty much said nothing.

Kids wash their hands. Parents stay out the school unless behind a glass screen at reception. Pencil for everyone. One way systems.

How does any of that help a respiratory airborne virus?

No testing, no airflow thought just pretending theyre doing things and crossing fingers.

Wtf

Similar at my boy's school - quarantining jotters and letters home for 72 hours before sending home ffs! 

TBF not letting parents / unnecessary people in the school reduces the chance of spreading the virus airborne through breathing by limiting people in school. One way system will mean that fewer people are passed in the corridor which could also have a positive effect. 

But you're right, most of it is a nonsense.