Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, latapythelegend said:

I believe nurses start somewhere between £21-23K typically. 

A degree doesn't guarantee cash. I have one and make £20K five years later. Fair play to those on P&B on the megabucks but if I had the choice again I wouldn't bother with university.

Likewise. Would have learned a trade instead.

At what point. patient wise,  is the NHS not under pressure and therefore lockdown not required?  Did someone say 500 in Scotland?  I maybe totally imagining this figure.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

At what point. patient wise,  is the NHS not under pressure and therefore lockdown not required?  Did someone say 500 in Scotland?  I maybe totally imagining this figure.

Seems irrelevant now. Leitch and Sturgeon fearful of an uptick in case numbers going by what I saw at lunchtime today.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Was just about to post this

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/health/1484467-exclusive-oxford-study-indicates-astrazeneca-effective-against-brazil-variant-source-says?amp&__twitter_impression=true

"The data indicates that the vaccine will not need to be modified in order to protect against the variant, which is believed to have originated in the Amazonian city of Manaus"

Spoiler

tenor.gif

25 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I believe nurses start somewhere between £21-23K typically. 

A degree doesn't guarantee cash. I have one and make £20K five years later. Fair play to those on P&B on the megabucks but if I had the choice again I wouldn't bother with university.

Fully agree

I graduated 1994, maybe too loyal to the places i've worked but im on 26k nearly 30 years later. The job has its perks and they are flexible and allow me to do the stuff with Saints so its not all about money.

Would I recommend uni to everyone , nope.

Back to SoUtH AfRiCa!!!@@#!!! for the Lovejoys then
Nah the South African one has been shot to bits as well. I'm sensing it'll soon be time for a new VaRiaNt. I'm sure I saw a Finnish one being mentioned on here recently.

34 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Aberdeen City 28.9 to 24.5  Down over 15% and into my new sub 25 Havanas & G&Ts

Get the pubs / fitba open.

Except Soul Bar obvz.  

16 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Empty platitudes by Scottish and UK governments as usual on healthcare workers.   Pay them what they're worth.  Comments like open to industrial action from union are bull.

Healthcare workers are infamous for taking a shafting due to duty of care to patients. They would never strike, something governments are acutely aware of.

No 500 quid across the board  less tax and pro rata irrespective of role etc and what  you were doing work wise.

I'd rather the low paid workers got more tax free than higher earners getting the same amount.  It doesn't quite sit right that someone on 20-25k working in covid hub got same as a consultant on 100k a year without seeing a covid patient or someone sitting shielding that never saw a patient.  All got the same though bizarrely.

That would have been impossible to implement, other than the "undeserving" ones saying "No thanks" and throwing it into a pot for distribution among the others.

Re strikes - NI nurses went on strike in 2019 - https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/dec/18/northern-ireland-nurses-strike-over-pay-and-patient-safety

6 hours ago, madwullie said:

I think iirc he said he'd spoken to someone in Dublin too (referring to their govt, not some c**t in a pub) 

If this had happened when BIFFO was in charge, that would be the same thing...