Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

They're obviously all getting their info from the same source. It's no coincidence they've all tried to dampen expectations in the last couple of days. Which would be fine, if the modelling is robust and the assumptions turn out to be at least verging on correct. 

An explanation as to why would be helpful, as all I can see is an effective vaccine, fairly good test and protect system and border controls. I can't see why restrictions are needed when cases are so low and easing.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

An explanation as to why would be helpful, as all I can see is an effective vaccine, fairly good test and protect system and border controls. I can't see why restrictions are needed when cases are so low and easing.

The English roadmap says this:

🤷‍♂️ 

Screenshot_20210310-220038_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Doom & Gloom at all costs
IMG_3768.thumb.png.e3cee384320d7238b989bcb6135656ad.png
That's an enormous U Turn from Drakeford. It appears a very coordinated and concerted change if tack today. Witty, Drakeford and Sturgeon all deliberately tempering expectations on the same day after the optimism of last week is clearly not coincidental. Maybe the Sevconian nonsense spooked more that just the SG ?

If the number of projected deaths post vaccination rollout are within the confines of healthcare capacity, then there is no justification for restrictions remaining in law, regardless of what fucking weirdos like Drakeford and Sturgeon, or their advisers, think. This is about trade-offs and we have already traded off what will be at least a full year of our lives. It will have tipped so far off the scale in the wrong direction if we haven't near enough fully opened up by midsummer.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

A quite staggering "dub" for the vaccine tbh. Overall numbers are dropping which was to be expected, but that the proportion of deaths among the highest risk / vaccinated has fallen even faster hints at what the impact of vaccinating more of the general public will do.

Ideally we want to get back to a situation where care home deaths make up the majority of total deaths.

You might have worded that a bit more diplomatically...

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's not "the English roadmap", that's the individual paper presenting the shan Imperial/Warwick models. 

Is it? Cheers - I just took that lassie at face value when she said that's the modelling the roadmap was based on 👍 

Edit: sounds like that's what they're basing their interviews on in the last few days 

Edited by madwullie

17 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Is it? Cheers - I just took that lassie at face value when she said that's the modelling the roadmap was based on 👍 

Edit: sounds like that's what they're basing their interviews on in the last few days 

There should be no delay at all in reopening or keeping restrictions in place mainly for the benefit of those who are vaccine hesitant.

Worth remembering that by and large, these are the people who 'don't need a vaccine for immunity because my own immune system is perfectly evolved to fight off viruses on it's own', so there is absolutely no concern to be had then as we'll sail through a fourth wave with naught more than a sniffle if only the perfect immunity chad-tier of society are catching it.

Edited by djchapsticks

Apologies for going slightly off topic but has anyone any experience of funeral protocol during a pandemic? I remember there being a bit of upset about the limited numbers able to attend funerals earlier in the pandemic but unsure what the script is now.

Sadly lost an old school pal last week and his funeral is this weekend. Obviously I understand I won’t be able to attend the funeral service in the chapel because of Covid, but I will pay my respects outside. However, I would like to attend at the cemetery if possible provided the family don’t ask for just immediate family only. Was just wondering if anyone knows whether families/undertakers etc have to ask or are somehow made to limit numbers at cemeteries too because of Covid?

Edited by 8MileBU