Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
24 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
There ye go, p and b masses. Your question about cases mattering has been asked and answered.

What was the answer, wasn't watching by then ?

18 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I missed it. Can you spill the beans?

At the moment case numbers matter. In future when more people are vaccinated they might not is pretty much what he said.

22 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Preemptive headsgoning before the 'proper' routemap is announced on Tuesday is a bit pointless.

Pre-emptive white knighting for your 'team' before the proper roadmap is announced is equally pointless, not to mention a waste of good facepaint and curly red wig. 

Deeply worrying comments from Leitch about cases. It shouldn’t be a problem, but the fact they’re already talking about needing a reverse gear for the tiers is dreadful chat. I just can’t get my head around what they’re trying to achieve. All along it was protect the NHS and save lives, the vaccine is now doing that. Life will literally be like this forever if they base restrictions on case levels. 
Even if they were to go after ‘elimination’, there’s heehaw chance of that happening as soon as the infection factories are open. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Deeply worrying comments from Leitch about cases. It shouldn’t be a problem, but the fact they’re already talking about needing a reverse gear for the tiers is dreadful chat. I just can’t get my head around what they’re trying to achieve. All along it was protect the NHS and save lives, the vaccine is now doing that. Life will literally be like this forever if they base restrictions on case levels. 
Even if they were to go after ‘elimination’, there’s heehaw chance of that happening as soon as the infection factories are open. 

There's inevitably going to be more cases in schools etc with the LFT's taking place.    The only number that counts is deaths rate and nobody has got the balls to come out and say what's acceptable.

2 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

There's inevitably going to be more cases in schools etc with the LFT's taking place.    The only number that counts is deaths rate and nobody has got the balls to come out and say what's acceptable.

No.  hospitalisations count as well.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

. Good news on vaccine hesitancy - it basically doesn’t exist in the UK.

PLEASING.

The other 6% can sit at home and mewl about Bill Gates controlling every aspect of their utterly inconsequential lives whilst the vaccines continue to cigar it at will. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

PLEASING.

The other 6% can sit at home and mewl about Bill Gates controlling every aspect of their utterly inconsequential lives whilst the vaccines continue to cigar it at will. 

Hopefully that number won't suffer with Leitchs constant mewling about how the vaccine doesn't bring normality back by itself etc. 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

. Good news on vaccine hesitancy - it basically doesn’t exist in the UK.

The knicker-wetter Imperial/Warwick model went for a pessimistic 75% coverage among all under 50s and a 'central' forecast of 85%. Conveniently wrong again on the side of more susceptibility, on top of their 'protection from infection' rates being laughably low compared to the real life data emerging from Israel.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully that number won't suffer with Leitchs constant mewling about how the vaccine doesn't bring normality back by itself etc. 

That's small change compared to Gregor Smith's claim that we're dealing with 'a different virus' from earlier this week, which should have been grounds for public retraction from the off and a serious disciplinary for a moronic piece of public communication. Instead it has just been waved through because it suits the SG's keep everyone in their box for now narrative.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes this is a definite concern. They need to big the vaccine up a lot more, and stop caveating everything. Yes we know it doesn't fully stop transmission and not 100% of people will be protected. But banging on about it plays right into the hands of the meme-making anti-vax fandans, and too many people get their science info from Facebook memes. 

Publish the info, say how well things are going using our actual data, leave it at that. 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Yes this is a definite concern. They need to big the vaccine up a lot more, and stop caveating everything. Yes we know it doesn't fully stop transmission and not 100% of people will be protected. But banging on about it plays right into the hands of the meme-making anti-vax fandans, and too many people get their science info from Facebook memes. 

Publish the info, say how well things are going using our actual data, leave it at that. 

Its really quite fucking simple, "If you go and get the vaccine when contacted, normal life will return"

Say this. Keep saying this. Concentrate on delivering vaccine. Not delivery constantly pessimistic, contradictory shite from your sanctimonious wee soapbox/twitter/most bizzarely, Off the Ball

100% this. All the data shows that vaccines do work, perhaps even better than expected, yet the SG's managing expectations/carefully does it attitude seems to contradict it all.

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

They could do all of this, quite simply, by (correctly) stating that all the evidence suggests that the vaccine cigars the virus into almost oblivion, and therefore the sooner people get jagged, the sooner they can get restrictions punted.

Their outrageously cautious messaging, and apparant disdain at easing restrictions is incredible. But people put up with it "because FREEEEDOM!"

100% this. All the data shows that vaccines do work, perhaps even better than expected, yet the SG's managing expectations/carefully does it attitude seems to contradict it all.

I maybe get them wanting to advise caution until every adult has had at least their first dose.

But the conversation should now be simple. They work. They’re working, don’t be complete c***s and life will return to normal sooner.

I maybe get them wanting to advise caution until every adult has had at least their first dose.

But the conversation should now be simple. They work. They’re working, don’t be complete c***s and life will return to normal sooner.
I can understand why they want to advise caution, but their messaging has been overwhelmingly negative and its now counter productive.

19 minutes ago, super_carson said:
26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I can understand why they want to advise caution, but their messaging has been overwhelmingly negative and its now counter productive.

It's not just here either. All over Europe and beyond, the chat from leaders has made people more suspicious of the vaccines than they need to be. 

Fortunately, according to that poll posted earlier, we seem to be far less vaccine hesitant here than most. Being a global problem though, every c**t needs to get on board as much as they can. 

37 minutes ago, super_carson said:
43 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Aswell as potential vaccine hesitancy (Whats the fucking point in getting it if restrictions stay anyway) theres also the potential for "if they arent loosening restrictions, i'll decide for myself" becoming more and more prevalent. I actually think this is totally inevitable anyway but if Scotgov dont stay in front of what people are willing to do, then its fucked. This is why I think tiers is a shite model. No one is going to accept a backward step now

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

It's not just here either. All over Europe and beyond, the chat from leaders has made people more suspicious of the vaccines than they need to be. 

Fortunately, according to that poll posted earlier, we seem to be far less vaccine hesitant here than most. Being a global problem though, every c**t needs to get on board as much as they can. 

This was one of the lines from Biden's address to the American's last night where he said they were safe, that everyone should get one when it was their turn with the promise of small gatherings being possible on 4th July. It would seem they are also now way more cautious.